SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   ISP 2.0 is READY! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=215710)

TorpX 09-19-14 08:25 PM

Improved Ship Physics 2.0 is READY!

This is to announce:
ISP 2.0
is ready!
:woot:
The main difference between ISP 1.1 and ISP 2.0 is that the new version has a complete rework of the subs diving performance, and that it adds fixes for the surface ships.
A detailed readme is included.
Version 2.15 (for RFB + RSRDC)________ HERE
Version 2.4 (for TMO alone)____________HERE
Version 2.6 (for TMO + RSRDC)_________HERE
SilentPrey Version (TMO_RSRDC_OTC)____HERE
Patch for version 2.x (RFB and TMO)______HERE
Version 2.8 (for RFB and RSRDC) _______ HERE

ISP is Improved Ship Physics for RFB 2.0

waffle 09-19-14 11:37 PM

Gotta say this mod is really making me want to fire up SH

merc4ulfate 09-25-14 10:55 PM

Downloaded and in use

Thank you

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
ISP2.0
EAXsoundsim_without_WebstersManeuver_STOCK_GFO_OM

merc4ulfate 09-26-14 09:28 AM

GET THIS MOD PLAYERS

bump

ReallyDedPoet 09-26-14 09:38 AM

Nice :yep:

Pisces 09-26-14 03:11 PM

Ehm, it may be obvious to some, but what does ISP stand for? Only that single line, and some in the download section tell me that it changes the movement characteristics. Also, in the download section I can find that it is for RFB.

Please don't be obscure with the details. It would be a shame if no one uses it because they don't know what it is for.

TorpX 09-26-14 11:38 PM

ISP 2.0 is Improved Ship Physics (for RFB 2.0)

This mod makes the propulsion, turning, sea-keeping characteristics more realistic. It is for RFB 2.0 only. It will not work with TMO.

This is all explained in the readme. The reason I did not go into any great detail here is because I have been describing the work and issues involved in the related mod workshop thread, and figured most interested parties have already seen that. This was just an announcement to let people know that it was ready, in case they don't visit the other section regularly.

The linked thread goes into mind-numbing detail, for those interested.

Sorry for any confusion.

Larrywb57 09-27-14 11:20 AM

Thanks TorpX for the hard you put into this mod. Plan on giving it test drive when I get done with this campaign!:salute:

merc4ulfate 09-27-14 08:56 PM

I would think anyone who has been a member since 2004 with 3000 post would have heard about ISP by now.

"Please don't be obscure with the details. It would be a shame if no one uses it because they don't know what it is for. "

What a condescending remark to someone who has put a lot of effort into making mods and player experiences more enjoyable.

gezues $H|Tz, there is a dead bilge rat on every boat isn't there? ... and it's usually an XO.

:gulp:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
ISP2.0
EAXsoundsim_without_WebstersManeuver_STOCK_GFO_OM
======================================

TorpX 09-27-14 09:27 PM

You are all welcome.

Anyone, who notices something worthy of comment, is invited to post such here, or in the other section, so any indicated fixes/improvements/changes can be made to a future version.

I plan on making a TMO-compatible version, but not right away. I want to get feedback on this one, and see how it goes.
Note on DE's and kaibokans:

I did not touch any weapons, but the turning radii of these should be significantly smaller than before. Possibly, this will make them more dangerous.

If any ships you see are unstable, please note the circumstances, and the class, so I can make the required fixes. I fixed a few that I happened to notice, or that I remembered being a problem, but in no way, did I do a systematic check of all of them. That would require much too much work.

Anyway, happy hunting! :salute:

-TorpX

merc4ulfate 09-28-14 06:31 PM

Did anything in ISP adjust DD sensors?

I was running Flank, radar depth, 2000 hours inside a huge task force with about 14 DD's. They never even turned to chase me. They stuck with the TF and zig zaged on their bearing while I was in the middle of them.

Pisces 09-28-14 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merc4ulfate (Post 2246875)
I would think anyone who has been a member since 2004 with 3000 post would have heard about ISP by now.

Well, no. I remember long ago someone was messing around with buoyancy, and ship accelerations and such. But not who it was, for which game, or what mod it eventually became. It was a mere investigation thread iirc. I guess it was TorpX after all. Not everyone visits the mod workshop frequently.

TorpX 09-28-14 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merc4ulfate (Post 2247047)
Did anything in ISP adjust DD sensors?

No.

Was the weather bad?

TorpX 09-28-14 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merc4ulfate (Post 2246875)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces (Post 2247079)
Well, no. I remember long ago someone was messing around with buoyancy, and ship accelerations and such. But not who it was, for which game, or what mod it eventually became. It was a mere investigation thread iirc. I guess it was TorpX after all. Not everyone visits the mod workshop frequently.

It's no big deal. I should have provided the extra info; it was just an oversight on my part. Anyway, the readme covers everything pretty well (I hope), and should help people who are unsure, decide if they want to use it. :)

merc4ulfate 09-29-14 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorpX (Post 2247080)
No.

Was the weather bad?

Fairly calm but very dark