SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   German Voices? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132054)

Penelope_Grey 03-01-08 06:25 PM

German Voices?

is there a way to get them?

Raptor1 03-01-08 06:30 PM

There's a mod on the modding forums that adds the SH3 voices :ping: :ping: :ping:

ReallyDedPoet 03-01-08 07:13 PM

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131792

Here :roll:

RDP

Schultzy 03-01-08 07:52 PM

If only there was some kind of button which we could press that would answer these kind of questions for us... :hmm:

Nope can't think of one... :roll:

GerritJ9 03-02-08 05:01 AM

So far I have tried three German speechpacks on SH4 using JSGME, but none works flawlessly: the official SH4 German speechpack, the GWX 2.0 speechpack and the Spax pack. In all cases, speech concerning torpedo launching/reloading reverts to English: you get "Torpedo in the water", "Torpedo impact", "No. 1 tube ready" etc instead of "Aal ist im Wasser", "Torpedotreffer" and "Rohr 1 nachgeladen, Herr Kaleu" etc. Next step was to remove the contents of the 1.5 speech folder and use this to create a new JSGME-ready US Speechpack, the original speech folder remaining empty. Tested this with the US speech disabled and GWX speechpack enabled, and the US speech regarding the torpedos had disappeared.......... to be replaced by dead silence.:-?
Next step will be to see if the official German SH4 speechpack works properly with the US speechpack disabled, including the speech pertaining to the torpedo firing.

stabiz 03-02-08 05:05 AM

Good luck, I want this too. Its such an immerion killer to hear "torpedo hit" and so on.

Penelope_Grey 03-02-08 06:54 AM

LOL I can't help but laugh... For once I ask a question about something, and I get rolly eyes smileys.

Yet each and every time I log on I am in "customer service mode" for everybody else who asks questions.

Perhaps in future I'll post a few rolly eye smileys whenever somebody needs help with something.

FWIW I thought getting German voices was the same case as SH3 by going into sound options but couldn't see anything there to change it. I had no idea an actual mod was required.

danlisa 03-02-08 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
FWIW I thought getting German voices was the same case as SH3 by going into sound options but couldn't see anything there to change it. I had no idea an actual mod was required.

Yep, Pen, language options have been omitted completely.:cry:

Re the German Voices, I don't know why people seem to think a simple copy & paste (and or rename) would suffice in fixing this issue. It seems that some are so eager to get something into the public without investigating what's actually required.

@ Pen there's a tool on the Lair which might help you.;) Failing that, your fav GWX dev (who built it) will know whats up.

Gezoes 03-02-08 07:22 AM

We're used to these things I guess, but so are the dev's apparently. Maybe that's why there was no need to do proper voicing.

And that's worth a :roll:

AkbarGulag 03-02-08 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet

Need to get you two of those glowing sticks, a high vis jacket and some earmuffs :rotfl:

GerritJ9 03-02-08 10:20 AM

Tested the official SH4 German speechpack in the same way as described above for the GWX pack......... but this shows exactly the same faults as the GWX pack i.e. total silence when a torpedo is launched, in the water and tube is reloaded. While I can understand the GWX and the Spax speechpacks giving such problems, I fail to see why the OFFICIAL SH4 speechpack would exhibit exactly the same shortcomings- after all, this is supposed to be a straight replacement for the sim's US speech. Curiouser and curiouser..............:hmm: :-?
And the "Rudder.......... rudder" instead of "Rudder Midships" bug is STILL with us. What is more, it is carried over to both GWX and official SH4 German speechpacks!!!!
For now, I will put the US speech back into its place in the "Sound" folder, and use JSGME to enable the GWX pack as required.

GerritJ9 03-02-08 04:32 PM

The GWX 2.0 speechpack can be partially corrected with a file compiled by Prologos- see http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=131792&page=2 This irons out some of the US voices in the speechpack- to use this, activate with JSGME after activating the German speechpack you are using. As time goes by no doubt all the US voices will be removed in a similar manner.

Takeda Shingen 03-02-08 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
LOL I can't help but laugh... For once I ask a question about something, and I get rolly eyes smileys.

Yet each and every time I log on I am in "customer service mode" for everybody else who asks questions.

Perhaps in future I'll post a few rolly eye smileys whenever somebody needs help with something.

I believe that RDP's exaspiration stems from the fact that this question has been asked and answered repeatedly across three different forums. Even browsing without using the search feature would have yielded the answer.

Come on. You're not new here.

bigboywooly 03-02-08 08:47 PM

:hmm: I seem to remember getting a warning of a mod for using those rolling eye smileys
In the same circumstances

Meh

ReallyDedPoet 03-02-08 08:53 PM

He, he, just saw the above :yep: Dam those rolling eyes :damn::damn: All the rolling eyes were for was to refer to the link, honest :yep: They were not out of frustration, or anything of the sort, just to help out.

Check any of my posts using the eyes and you will see this.

RDP