SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH3 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   To All Posters: Sp Missions Requested (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106819)

Webster 03-04-07 03:06 PM

To All Posters: Sp Missions Requested

I Would Like To Ask If Anyone Wishes To Share Thier Sp Missions. At This Time I'm Playing Only Single Player Missions So That Is What I'm Asking You To Share. Thank You And Good Hunting Ev1

shegeek72 04-24-07 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WEBSTER
I Would Like To Ask If Anyone Wishes To Share Thier Sp Missions. At This Time I'm Playing Only Single Player Missions So That Is What I'm Asking You To Share. Thank You And Good Hunting Ev1

I'd like to second this. In another thread a central location for SP missions was requested, but it didn't pan out (at least as far as I could find). There has to be a lot of SP missions out there, just waiting to be tried. If I can help, let me know. :up:

I'm especially looking for SP missions that don't immediately immerse one in a battle, that are more like mini-campaigns where the story is more complex and strategy is involved. :know:
--
http://tarafoundation.org/sh3_invert_bnr.jpg

Mittelwaechter 04-24-07 07:22 AM

Well, I could offer two SPmissions in mini-campaign mode, but they are in german.
It's quite realistic ;) but I guess it would be a bit too confusing for you.

One is about a secret mission to find and sink an early war RN sub hunter group.
BdU gives you updates and your crew interacts verbaly.

The other one let you take a guest aboard who takes over the command of your sub and lets you do some weapon testing near wilhelmshaven.

TheAvonLady gave me some support to translate a wolfpack attack mission for SP into english, it's no "mini-campaign style" but an instant action mission.
It was scripted when patch 2 was state of the art.

If someone would be so smart and transform the two first missions into mood-matching english (this navy/sailor babble you know) I'd try to rewrite the messages in my bad english first to show the transformer what the stories are about.

Your turn!

mr chris 04-30-07 09:34 AM

What setup are you running Mittelwaechter?
I have quite a few SP missions for stock.
If your intrested just drop me a line.:up:

shegeek72 04-30-07 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr chris
I have quite a few SP missions for stock.

Is there a difference in SP missions for stock and modded games?
--
http://tarafoundation.org/frauleinvomAmtsm.jpg

mr chris 05-01-07 04:39 AM

Just a few missions i have for MP for stock will not play on GWX.
Not sure if its the same for SP (will have to find out.). Just did not wish to pass on missions that might cause a CTD.

bigboywooly 05-06-07 06:43 PM

Depends on the mod

GWX has changed a couple of things such as correcting the dates for Flower and Hunt DD as well as a few other ships

Missions written for stock may include those ships at an earlier date

Plus some ships have had the names changed or type ( Scharnhorst one example from a BC to a BB ) so the mission will crash

I know before every GWX update I have to go through them all to make sure are ok
I miss the odd one :oops:

Have just done them all for 1.04 plus a lot of the older ones knocking about

There are quite a few at UBRS in the Download Central
Got a load from there the other day

marv2112 12-01-07 05:52 PM

New Sp missions

Hi, For what it's worth, I've recently learned from reading the forums how to build basic missions. I currently have two RUM missions finished, with 4 more on the way. They are written for GWX 1.03, though. I will upgrade them to GWX 2.0 when that mod becomes available. I will also have a website up come January dealing with some of the history involved. Give them a try, if you'd like. :arrgh!:

bigboywooly 12-01-07 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marv2112
Hi, For what it's worth, I've recently learned from reading the forums how to build basic missions. I currently have two RUM missions finished, with 4 more on the way. They are written for GWX 1.03, though. I will upgrade them to GWX 2.0 when that mod becomes available. I will also have a website up come January dealing with some of the history involved. Give them a try, if you'd like. :arrgh!:

Both your missions are already ok to use with GWX 2.0 :up:

marv2112 12-04-07 06:25 PM

Thanks bigboywooly! :D (BTW, I've enjoyed reading your posts since I've been coming to Subsim. I've learned ALOT from your comments.) I'm glad they work, I do want to update RUM 450505,U853 to included the US Navy Airships K-16 & K-58, since they were participants in this incident. Thanks to you GWX guys, It can be done!
Marv

bigboywooly 12-06-07 10:50 AM

Glad my comments have been of use
Always nice to get new missions to play :up:

Koondawg 12-16-07 09:27 PM

I have just added one for download...anyfeed back is appreciated