SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Church's SHV 1.1 Key Commands and F1 Help Layout (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=163444)

Stepe47 03-13-10 11:43 AM

In SH4 when looking through the periscope/UZO I could rotate the view left or right (and also a little upwards and downwards) with the arrow keys (if I wanted a fast rotation Shift+arrow).
In SH5 without and also with your mod I cannot do this. I can only rotate the scope by dragging the mouse right or left (fast rotation shift+mouse).
I feel rotating with arrow keys was easier and more accurate.... that's it

Church SUBSIM 03-13-10 12:14 PM

ahh gotcha ... yes - I believe that is a camera issue which this mod does not cover. This only changes the keyboard layouts via the config.

Stormfly 03-14-10 04:23 AM

@Church,

you have pm :88)

brandtryan 03-15-10 11:50 AM

FYI, if another update happens-- "System Pannel" should be "System Panel", unless you're in England or Austrailla, etc., and they have some different spelling I'm not aware of!

Phantom453 03-17-10 07:01 AM

Thank you both for your efforts for this critical mod. Much appreciated.

jdkbph 03-17-10 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ustahl (Post 1301551)
from next or previous unit view (7 or 8) still impossible, although the UZO key command has been canceled (believed to be the culprit).:hmmm:

Have also tried other Commands mods, as well as fiddling Commands.cfg myself, it seems impossible to get this to work.:damn:

Does it really work for anybody? If so, pls post exact info re mod(s) applied.:|\\

Or is it a hardcoded bug that can only be fixed by a patch from the devs?:nope:

I'm soo frustrated to not be able to admire all the pretty ships for a while before returning to manage my own sub...:wah:

I think you're asking how to get back in the 1st person view (on the bridge) after using the next/previous unit keys? If so I am able to return to the ship by hitting F2 (twice I think) then using my mouse wheel to "zoom" (scroll forward). That triggers the Binocs view. Then unzoom with the mouse wheel (scroll back) and you're back on the bridge. Or at least that works for me.

What doesn't work for me - at least not consistently - is using the mouse to pan around when I'm using the next/previous unit view. It worked once... but I can't for the life of me figure out how I did it!

EDIT: I found a work-around to the mouse in unit view mode. I added 1, to the museum_camera contexts line, and 12, to the contexta lines for Camera_on_next_unit and Camera_on_prev_unit. I'm not sure which actually did the trick but it works. No mouse zoom though... have to use the arrow keys for that.

EDIT2: Well I thought I figured it out. Then it just stopped working. I think the whole thing is bugged... which is probably why the devs didn't activate it.

The more you look the more you realize just how NOT READY for prime time this game actually is.

JD

W_clear 03-17-10 09:03 PM

Hi.Church SUBSIM

Your mod is great.

You can add an key that external view to follow the SUB? thanks:salute:

Church SUBSIM 03-17-10 10:13 PM

Hi and thanks for the kind words regarding this mod. As mentioned before, the external views that are typically used with < and > seem to have an issue as once they are pressed you can not get back into the 3rd person view, hence they are not included in this version of the mod.

Once that camera issue is resolved I will add it back in.

Thanks!

Vlad_one 03-18-10 03:53 AM

Thanks Church, waits with trust! :salute:

capthelm 03-18-10 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrgn (Post 1297044)
I just noticed you added maintain depth? Are you able to get that key working?

maintain depth is always been in sh5 .. shift f

robbo180265 03-19-10 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romulus (Post 1308484)
I'm unable to get the sub to return to midships, the hard to port and Starboard are fine, as were the original, and also the 1 degree increments but on original key command and this brill mod, the keystroke doesn't return to midships, or at least I'm not hearing the command "midships" like the original SH 3 and 4 games .....

If it wasn't for the modding community I'd have binned this game after a few hours of playing it!!...very disappointing :damn:

I too am having this problem - also can't get the UI to go away to take screenshots. Have you any ideas at all?

Thanks for this brilliant mod :rock:

Lopo 03-21-10 05:21 AM

Thank you for your hard work.
Your mod is really great and I love it!

KiwiVenge 03-24-10 09:19 PM

For some reason I can't get JSGME to recognize the file as a mod when I try to import it. Works for every other mod I including the original non-F1 friendly CCIP version.

kylania 03-24-10 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stepe47 (Post 1313054)
In SH4 when looking through the periscope/UZO I could rotate the view left or right (and also a little upwards and downwards) with the arrow keys (if I wanted a fast rotation Shift+arrow).
In SH5 without and also with your mod I cannot do this. I can only rotate the scope by dragging the mouse right or left (fast rotation shift+mouse).
I feel rotating with arrow keys was easier and more accurate.... that's it

I miss that too.

rugby6 03-28-10 11:56 PM

Crash to Desktop

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place......but.........I downloaded the keyboard mod and it was working fine for a couple of weeks. Yesterday, I suddenly started experiencing a crash to desktop when I pressed the
periscope depth key "P" and the surface "S" key. It also happened in the graphics part on the bottom left hand side when attempting to go to periscope depth. What could be wrong? I cannot figure it out......I've done two complete reinstalls of the game, enabled the mod, and I'm still experiencing the crash. There is no error message involved.......I hit the key........the game crashed and immediately returns me to the desktop. Any help would be appreciated.