SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Make time compression change faster (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240110)

cofeeblack 02-27-19 11:28 AM

Make time compression change faster

Hello, i wonder if there is a way to make time compression jump faster? As in, go from 1 to 512 to 1024 to 1512 and so on instead of having to go through 1 8 16 32 64 128 etc.

KaleunMarco 02-27-19 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cofeeblack (Post 2594058)
Hello, i wonder if there is a way to make time compression jump faster? As in, go from 1 to 512 to 1024 to 1512 and so on instead of having to go through 1 8 16 32 64 128 etc.

welcome to SH4 and Subsim.

unfortunately, the TC feature is hard-coded and we must step through the increments, both up and down.
there are arguments either way for what you are asking. as a former developer i would say that you, the user, really don't want what you asking because of a and b and c reasons. but as a user your voice should be the developers guiding light. and so on.
in any case, for SH4 (and i believe the entire Silent Hunter series) we must step through the time compression one increment at a time.

good luck with your playing. what version do you have installed? also, did you install in the default (Program Files x86) folder or a unique folder?
:salute:

Mios 4Me 02-27-19 02:23 PM

It's especially annoying trying to get around a harbor fast as your various watchmen discover with amazement each ship and plane in sight, so such a button would be very handy.. Ditto for slowing down; on one occasion, i flew into Apra at 1512 speed somehow and DIDN'T stop when the end of the programmed course was reached. Wound up in the harbor parking lot...and I don't mean the dock.

After that I discovered how the P button can instantly take the RC to zero, assuming you have the system resources to act quickly.

Aktungbby 02-27-19 02:33 PM

Welcome aboard!

coffeeblack!:Kaleun_Salute:

KaleunMarco 02-27-19 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mios 4Me (Post 2594089)
It's especially annoying trying to get around a harbor fast as your various watchmen discover with amazement each ship and plane in sight, so such a button would be very handy.. Ditto for slowing down; on one occasion, i flew into Apra at 1512 speed somehow and DIDN'T stop when the end of the programmed course was reached. Wound up in the harbor parking lot...and I don't mean the dock.

After that I discovered how the P button can instantly take the RC to zero, assuming you have the system resources to act quickly.

the P/Bksp key is an excellent tip, mios, for coming down on the TC.

cofeeblack 02-27-19 03:02 PM

Thanks for the replies. I figured it was impossible, a minor inconvenience so not a big deal.

Also i didn't install the it in program files, made a different directory for it. Running version 1.5 with TMO (i had played the game like 10 years ago).

I cant believe i also misspelled my username, just wow.

KaleunMarco 02-27-19 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cofeeblack (Post 2594102)
Thanks for the replies. I figured it was impossible, a minor inconvenience so not a big deal.

Also i didn't install the it in program files, made a different directory for it. Running version 1.5 with TMO (i had played the game like 10 years ago).

that's excellent. ok, well, good hunting.:salute:
have you enabled Large Address Aware? great utility for players with more than 4 gig of RAM available.

THEBERBSTER 02-27-19 05:33 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > coffeeblack
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

cofeeblack 02-27-19 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaleunMarco (Post 2594117)
that's excellent. ok, well, good hunting.:salute:
have you enabled Large Address Aware? great utility for players with more than 4 gig of RAM available.

Yes i also enabled it.