SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   **Mod Release** Longer Wakes (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104372)

Paajtor 01-24-07 10:53 AM

There's one thing I didn't see in the mod's readme: is it confirmed, to be safe to install while on patrol?
Btw, same question for the longer-torpedo-wakes mod.

01-24-07 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paajtor
There's one thing I didn't see in the mod's readme: is it confirmed, to be safe to install while on patrol?

Oops. Sorry for not mentioning that. You should be ok to install while on patrol, but be sure to back up your saved game files first... just in case.

chris 01-24-07 01:05 PM

This is brilliant, NVdrifter - thank you very much.

Boris 01-24-07 01:50 PM

perfetto! how about we include this in the GWX update kap?

CCIP 01-24-07 02:37 PM

Didn't notice an FPS hit at any TC - though my particles are set to render only below 8x.

Looking great! My only slight complaint is that the wakes develop much more slowly now (takes a couple of minutes for a full wake to form), but it's worth waiting :p

Paajtor 01-24-07 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvdrifter
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paajtor

Oops. Sorry for not mentioning that. You should be ok to install while on patrol, but be sure to back up your saved game files first... just in case.

:up:rgr that

ViperU48 01-24-07 03:15 PM

Will this mod be made compatible with the vanilla SH3? or is it already compatible for it if one just doesnt install all those .val files for the ships the vanilla SH3 doesnt have?

edjcox 01-24-07 03:49 PM

Wakes ahead

Thanks for the pictures and posts.

Installing now..

Yes this is a good idea... Is there provision in the effect for wave actions and there negative impacts on wake lengths...

SH3 and the many mods really have improved the game...

Are you seeing this UBISOFT and incorperating it into SH4 ??

So jetzt tauchen wir.... Bis spater!!
:sunny:

Paajtor 01-24-07 05:16 PM

http://www.61shap.org/pilots/Paajtor...wakesmod1a.jpg

Samwolf 01-24-07 07:30 PM

Maybe just coincidence, but I spotted two Beauforts at long range and crashed dived. I was down to 30 mtrs and went to external view on one of the Beauforts. As it passed over over the remains of my wake it turned, dived and dropped its ordnance on my wake. Don't recall that happening before unless I had just been able to make it down to about 10 mtrs. Could the aircraft AI be set to spot and attack a U-boat wake?

01-24-07 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP
Didn't notice an FPS hit at any TC - though my particles are set to render only below 8x.

Looking great! My only slight complaint is that the wakes develop much more slowly now (takes a couple of minutes for a full wake to form), but it's worth waiting :p

The wakes starting out slower is a side effect of having longer wakes that cannot be avoided. :-?

01-24-07 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperU48
Will this mod be made compatible with the vanilla SH3? or is it already compatible for it if one just doesnt install all those .val files for the ships the vanilla SH3 doesnt have?

It will probably work correctly with vanilla SH3, but I am not positive. You could still install all of the extra .val files used in GWX and the game probably wouldn't even notice them.

01-24-07 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samwolf
Maybe just coincidence, but I spotted two Beauforts at long range and crashed dived. I was down to 30 mtrs and went to external view on one of the Beauforts. As it passed over over the remains of my wake it turned, dived and dropped its ordnance on my wake. Don't recall that happening before unless I had just been able to make it down to about 10 mtrs. Could the aircraft AI be set to spot and attack a U-boat wake?

Interesting... :hmm:

Corrupt_File 01-24-07 09:26 PM

I know that bombers will often drop bombs on areas I was last seen. If it does happen that aircraft will bomb at your wake, awesome!

U-104 01-25-07 07:32 AM

THE MOD IS HERE.:rock::rock::rock::up::up::up::rock::rock::ro ck::up::up::up: