SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Fish (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=195027)

gap 05-18-12 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongel (Post 1885320)
Trying to nudge this back to SH 5.... :D

OH II has dolphins, but not whales. For some reason the whales never got imported from the previous games.

Really?
I was sure they were featured in OHII, like dolphins... :-?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rongel (Post 1885320)
But it's possible, maybe some day.

You should ask this in the OH II thread from Trevally (but he might have his hands full already with the new update...)

I have a little mod on my HD adding whales to SH5.

I think it was conceived as a proof of concept, and as far as I know, it was never released on itself, though I remember it was doing its jobe, except maybe for the whale chants that were audible from external cam but not from hydrophone, or viceversa.
I cannot remeber who is the author of the original mod for SHIII or IV, neither who imported it for SH5, but for sure I got it from stoianm, long tima ago, so we can ask him for permission issues.
If Trevally wil be wanting to add it to OHII I will be glad to send it to him via PM. :03:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4219/whalest.png

Meldric 05-18-12 09:16 AM

Looks cool!

I assume the whales and dolphins will only show up, if they are added to the campaign in some way? That means, I'll still never see them (even if I would install a mod), because I am using the light version of OHII?

(Of course, I can ask in the other thread as well)

gap 05-18-12 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meldric (Post 1885401)
Looks cool!

I assume the whales and dolphins will only show up, if they are added to the campaign in some way? That means, I'll still never see them (even if I would install a mod), because I am using the light version of OHII?

I think that with some easy tweaks on OHII's roster, they would show up as generig shipping without need to add them to campaign layers. I could be wrong though. Better you ask Trevally ;)

Trevally. 05-18-12 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meldric (Post 1885401)
Looks cool!

You should switch to OHII base + the traffic and speed fix:yep:
If you are having fps issues - try going 50km away from kiel and see if it improves (and/or reduce graphics settings)
Kiel is the fps killer for OHII. You are only there for a short time, so if you can get through that - the other ports are not so bad.

If you then find fps are ok - you can then add the environment layer and this will add the dolphins:up:

@Gap
If we can find out who owns the whales and get permission - i can add then after finishing the work on MG:D

Luxius 05-18-12 01:57 PM

This is awesome news! I can't wait to get whales in. Will it be possible to torpedo them? O.o

Whale blubber everywhere? xD

No, seriously, just the sprites and the SFX would be nice, and I'll go fetch OHII straight away. Thanks guys, quick response.

kapitan_zur_see 05-23-12 09:47 AM

The problem is, you're not going to see any small swarms of fishes if they're to be added to the campaign layer as independent objects... unless you put around 100.000 and even way more of them. Put only like a hundred or two and imagine your chance of crossing one on the external cam... 0.01% maybe? :know:

Swarms will have to be spawn by some kind of particle generator around the sub, so you can often have a chance to see them. For whales and dolphins, it's another story. You don't want to see one of those every 2 minutes and everywhere in the world, would you? :D

Madox58 05-30-12 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1885447)
@Gap
If we can find out who owns the whales and get permission - i can add then after finishing the work on MG:D

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...98&postcount=7

gap 05-30-12 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1891195)

:DL

Thank you Privateer but... :hmmm:

Quote:

ref's profile

Last Activity: 09-16-2009 02:31 PM

Madox58 05-30-12 07:06 AM

PM Jimbuna about permissions.
I don't think there will be any problems obtaining them.
:yep:

gap 05-30-12 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1891213)

Okay and thank you again!
I will PM Trevally on this topic.

Trevally. 05-30-12 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by privateer (Post 1891213)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 1891218)
Okay and thank you again!
I will PM Trevally on this topic.

:yeah:
Thanks guys - i will do that:DL

gap 05-30-12 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevally. (Post 1891373)
:yeah:
Thanks guys - i will do that:DL

Good! :up:

stoianm 05-30-12 05:31 PM

i remember we tryied to make whales work but u will have ctds... it is the same problem that was with subs on hydro

gap 05-30-12 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoianm (Post 1891462)
i remember we tryied to make whales work but u will have ctds... it is the same problem that was with subs on hydro

So, this one was the problem. I knew there was a flaw related to whales, but couldn't remember exactly wich one. :shifty:

Now we can only hope that applying to whales the same changes used for dolphin's dsd will solve the problem.

Thank you Stoianm for refreshing my memory, and sorry guys for failing to remember such an important detail. I am the worst beta tester ever! :shucks: :D

stoianm 05-30-12 06:18 PM

no it is not so simple.... i think only the people that made the mod subs hydro fix can make this work:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gap (Post 1891468)
So, this one was the problem. I knew there was a flaw related to whales, but couldn't remember exactly wich one. :shifty:

Now we can only hope that applying to whales the same changes used for dolphin's dsd will solve the problem.

Thank you Stoianm for refreshing my memory, and sorry guys for failing to remember such an important detail. I am the worst beta tester ever! :shucks: :D