SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270)

Immelmann 05-28-18 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2554904)
When you start a new career Immelmann, you are eventually taken into the Captain's Room on-base. To the left of the picture is a "cabinet", with 2 sets of 2 "file drawers" below, and an open area with "binder" folders etc. On top of that is a wood-faced radio. Click on that radio face to change all of your Career preference settings. The idea being that the main menu's "Options" are for the Single Missions and Patrols, while there is a separate one for the Careers... :salute:

Doh! You made me remember what I have seen posted here before. Well at least I have worked out how to post images to the forum now. Thanks. :Kaleun_Salute:

Sniper450 05-28-18 08:03 PM

TC

was time compression uncapped?

propbeanie 05-28-18 08:36 PM

Should still be 2048x max...:salute:

Sniper450 05-28-18 08:52 PM

early 43...Brisbane in a gato...just cleared port into clear water and can cruise in TC past that setting. I double checked I had .71 loaded and verified with the load screen...clean reinstall of game too.

propbeanie 05-28-18 10:23 PM

I'm nowhere near my computer, but if CapnScurvy changed it, it would be mentioned in a ReadMe file...

CapnScurvy 05-28-18 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 2554872)
I have a 64bit Windows 7, so I guess it's "Large Address Aware2_0_4.exe"

Thank your sirs much appreciated :Kaleun_Cheers:

You need to check if you have netFramework version 3.5 or a later version?

Newer Windows OS like Windows 10 use netFramework 4.5. I'm not familiar enough with Windows 7 to know if it ever updated the netFramework version beyond 3.5 before it moved on to Windows 8 or not. If you follow my Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install, you'll be able to check your Registry to see what version of netFramework you have.

If it's 3.5, the "laa_2_0_4.zip" is the correct one to use.

If its 4.5, you'll need to use "laa_2_0_4_NetFramework_4_5.zip".

No matter which version of netFramework you have, or which LAA edition you use, you still need to set your game's .exe (execution) file to have changes made to it.

By going to your "main" game folder, find the file called "sh4.exe" and right click it. A menu list pops up, left click the "Properties" heading, the following menu appears:

https://s25.postimg.cc/5k7ryaiv3/EXE02.jpg

By default the game set's the "Attributes:" to "Read-only". This is not good, it won't allow LAA to work if it's left as is.

Uncheck the box; then click "Apply"; then "OK" to leave the "sh4.exe Properties" page. Now you're ready to have LAA access your sh4.exe file. LAA will now be able to set the flag allowing more memory to be used in-game.

yyzBegonia 05-29-18 07:54 AM

Already began my new career. Yes, the Petes are dead annoying. I can't surface at daytime at all, and once I've been spotted even though I crash dive 1 minutes before they reach my position they always accurately drop bombs onto my previous position:hmmm: Though I haven't actually got hit it do ruin my daytime interception since I'm always push down to submerge...
BTW, I found that the air search radar seems doesn't work at radar depth. I always go to radar depth to check if any aircrafts near by before I order surface, however everytime when I put my sub on radar depth it tells me "all clear" but after I surface it suddenly tells me "radar contact" and "aircraft spotted" at this time only, in which almost kill me for several times:Kaleun_Mad:

torpedobait 05-29-18 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2554882)
Your encounters were all Petes, torpedobait? Were you running your SD radar? I've found that while I get a better fore-warning of their approach, I also get them coming straight at me, like I've got a big bright light turned on in the middle of the night...

yyzBegonia, do you know which kind of airplane it was that attacked you? I can't speak to the speech... sounds strange, eh?... can't speak to the speech... :roll:

It has seemed to me more than once that the Petes especially might be a bit too good... The problem will be figuring out which ships or seaplane base it is that they launched from... In the meantime, be governed by CINCPAC and CINCAF as to being submerged during daylight hours. Of course, when you do not reach your patrol zone location in a timely manner, you will be reprimanded for staying submerged so much... :salute:

Prop, I have no SD radar for the Sargo. None is available in Cavite/Manila on December 8. I went back and finished the 2nd patrol (resurrection is a wonderful thing) and checked again in the office. No SD radar was offered.

So, being limited to the visual acuity of my lookouts, when the sky is less than clear, those Petes come right out of nowhere, seemingly, and are deadly accurate with their bombs. I would have given up my command to get that boat an SD set. I'll be back to it soon and see what I can get in the way of radar next time. For now, we are on a seven day leave in Surabaya - oh, Joy!

And yes, all visual contacts in enemy waters have been Pete's so far.

UPDATE: Went back to 2nd patrol, finished it at Surabaya; No SD radar offered. Saved that spot (in office), exited the game completely, restarted, loaded the office at end of 2nd patrol, and voila! SD was now on my boat. All seems good for now. Going for Patrol 3 now.

Hitman 05-29-18 08:43 AM

Thank you for the help. USS Pollack has now reached the area south of japan and is conducting unrestricted warfare on anything that floats of flies with a japanese flag. Surprised to have SD, SJ and full PPI in mid 1942 on my first patrol, but hey, the worse for the Marus :D Lots of aerial activity around, considering spending the day submerged listening instead of attracting unwanted attention :hmmm:

Looking forward to some compatible plugins, only thing I would change so far to suit my personal taste are periscope and binoculars, I prefer them smaller. Might change that myself when I have some time, but I know it will be impossible to replicate Captn Scurvy's accurancy with the optics :06:

Sniper450 05-29-18 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2554925)
I'm nowhere near my computer, but if CapnScurvy changed it, it would be mentioned in a ReadMe file...

Ok don't see anything about it in the read me files included with .71 so I will delete and reinstall. I must have gunked something up in the install process.

propbeanie 05-29-18 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yyzBegonia (Post 2554956)
... Yes, the Petes are dead annoying...
BTW, I found that the air search radar seems doesn't work at radar depth...

Petes are noted... After reaching radar depth, in some of the boats you sometimes have to come up another couple-three feet to get the radar to come back on, dependent upon sea state. Also, if the plane is already "in visual" range, your periscope will pick it up, and you will NOT get a radar contact report... A very frustrating limitation of the game... One way to "see" is to put your scope up and look at the nav map as you get to the Periscope Depth area, as your boat comes on up. If you "see" a triangle coming your way, "Crash Dive! Crash Dive!"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedobait (Post 2554957)
Prop, I have no SD radar for the Sargo. None is available in Cavite/Manila on December 8... yes, all visual contacts in enemy waters have been Pete's so far.

You should already have the radar onboard (except maybe the "S" boats), though you'll not see a 3D "set" drawn on your boat - ANOTHER limitation of the game (where are you SH1??) - sorry, mini-rant there... The "sets" you see on the radar screen are both SJ... Anyway, next patrol, go ahead and click on the Radar On / Off button, or hit the <T> key, and see if you don't get a "Turning SD Radar On" message in the text box. Another limitation of the game is that there is no way to indicate that you have the radar turned on or off, other than by hitting the key or button, and checking the message displayed in the text box... so sad. Also, I'm beginning to think that we might have too many Pete's poking their noses in too many US Fleetboats' business... :O:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 2554962)
... Surprised to have SD, SJ and full PPI in mid 1942 on my first patrol...

:hmmm: ... velly intellesting (as Arte Johnson used to say)... Capn?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper450 (Post 2554967)
Ok don't see anything about it in the read me files included with .71 so I will delete and reinstall. I must have gunked something up in the install process.

In the Main.cfg is this:
[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=4
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128;1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
PrayState=8
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=2048
So it has not been changed. If you don't do a "clean" re-install, into an empty folder, you won't overwrite all of the files, or if there was anything left in the Save folder from another mod, you can end up with what I call "cross-contamination"... :salute:

Sniper450 05-29-18 10:58 AM

Reinstalling now. I made sure I deleted all my old saves and every folder related to the game. Not as so sure I did the previous time so hopefully this one will work.

Done! Good to go now!

hauangua 05-29-18 01:50 PM

Hi :salute: problem..
8 December 1941 start by Pearl harbor Hidrophone of Gar not work .. with mouse or keyboard .. not work ... (all stop) just with Gar I have this problem ... with others submarine (porpoise .. etc ..) hydrophone work good

propbeanie 05-29-18 02:38 PM

Give a Tambor boat a try, if you would, and see if it does the same thing... :salute:

Edit; btw, I get the same thing. The Gar is a Tambor boat, but without the HORs engines that breakdown all of the time... The Gar boat that the game gives is the "Gar" itself, first in the series... We'll figure it out... or I should say: "CapnScurvy shall be called upon, and he will probably figure it out"... it could well be something in the CareerStart or Flotillas files that doesn't activate that boat correctly... It is the newest Class of sub at the beginning of the game... :roll:

yyzBegonia 05-29-18 05:07 PM

Well I would say that I'm not a big fans of the airstrikes... It's way too OP IMO, I can't surface at daytime at all and it seems that Japanese has countless Petes patrolling the whole empire's water uninterruptedly. Not only that but night is even unsafe. I just got a radar contact at around 1930 when it was fully dark, and I deliberately remain on surface and see what's happening then, finally at around 1941 it spotted me in full darkness and commenced an accurate bombing run on my sub:doh: Jesus Christ, how could it found me straightforwardly from a dozen miles away in dark night? Not to say that the night was heavily cloudy with thunder rumbling:hmmm:
https://i.imgur.com/pxZvX4l.png
https://i.imgur.com/trGfwoA.png
Oh man, I can even barely see my sub, how could the pilot see me from miles away??

BTW, this happened near by my home port...... Oh my god, where's the army air force? :ping:
https://i.imgur.com/hgEb8IY.png