SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Pirates & Sailing Ships (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=180)
-   -   Pirates of the Burning Sea - who else is playing? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130639)

Tranton 02-08-08 06:27 PM

Pirates of the Burning Sea - who else is playing?

I'm a British Naval Officer on Blackbeard server. I LOVE the game. I am curious to see who else from here in playing and where. :arrgh!:

NefariousKoel 02-09-08 11:50 PM

I'm playing Spanish on Rackham. :up:

Naval Officer at level 45 & I left my Freetrader at level 20 building cannon & gun outfittings for the Society's ships.

Neal was gonna do a review about it sometime in between all his world jetsetting & rockstar-like lifestyle.

Onkel Neal 03-04-08 04:55 AM

Lol, yes, and that day is approaching soon, Sony sent me a copy of the game, so I will be starting this weekend. See you on the high seas.... :arrgh!:

Skorn 03-06-08 11:52 PM

Yo...got a 42 British Naval Officer on the Antigua server. Definitely digging it so far! Ship to ship combat is a blast, especially when you group up and take on large groups or do the port battles/contention. However, I despise the avatar combat and I usually skip all of those missions unless the reward is worth doing it for.

:arrgh!:

AJ! 03-16-08 05:32 AM

It does look like a great game but im not sure if i should buy it or not.

Are there computer controlled ships in this game? I mean can you go round the map on your own fighting the AI and doing missons like other MMO games or do you have to fight other human players?

Raptor1 03-16-08 07:37 AM

Yes, there are always NPC ships around, and a lot of quests

I play on Bonny as a British FT

Skorn 03-17-08 09:10 PM

Yeah there's probably about 50 ports in the game and you can get quests from a good number of them if you choose. In addition, there's a constant flow of NPC traffic along the trade routes and naval/pirate patrols around their territory. There's always something to do.

TheSatyr 03-22-08 09:17 AM

Hate to say it,but after playing through the open beta,the pre-order playing period and a few weeks of retail I cancelled and quit. Just got bored with it.

NefariousKoel 03-22-08 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSatyr
Hate to say it,but after playing through the open beta,the pre-order playing period and a few weeks of retail I cancelled and quit. Just got bored with it.

Yeah, I had a blast with it for a few months but I eventually found myself just waiting around for port battles to come along with my Ship of the Line. Those were still a blast but the rest just got repetitive.

Sad to say, because it has a lot that is quite fun.. but really not much to do when you reach the end.:shifty:

SteamWake 03-25-08 09:30 AM

Ive been playing since release.

Ill be the first to admit the game is not for everyone.

It can be brutal and long periods of bordem marked by moments of sheer excitement.

The economy is a bugger to get a grasp on let alone make a profit. But once you do find a market it is rewarding. Just be prepared for a boatload of fail before you find your niche.

Finding a good society makes all the difference in this game. Without one you will find it boring fast. Furthermore class and nation can have huge impact on your game experience bad or good. Lastley server choice is key. Some of the servers are quite underpopulated and "leave you annoy for action".

For you guys playing on Blackbeard... well sorry to hear that. From what I understand it is populated by alot of 'uber closed beta testers' and your way behind the 8 ball.

Anyhow if your so inclined look me up... Halyard Windwake (Level 33 Free Trader) on Kidd server, Society: "Defenders of the Royal Crown", British (of course).

Raptor1 03-25-08 12:07 PM

I feel much annoy for not being in a proper society yet, need to find one somewhen...

TteFAboB 03-25-08 12:55 PM

Let me know when a free trial comes up.

Skorn 03-26-08 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TteFAboB
Let me know when a free trial comes up.

Want a 14 day trial? :)

SteamWake 03-26-08 11:24 AM

Okay let me do it this way...

I have three buddy keys available which will get you to a free trail.

The client can be downloaded here http://piratesoftheburningsea.station.sony.com/install/

Send me a private message for a buddy key. First come first serve

3 out of 3 left.

Rockin Robbins 03-26-08 12:29 PM

Oops, Sony

I'll pass.