SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   ACM Reloaded for OLC Mk2d (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155366)

karamazovnew 11-27-09 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentrat (Post 1209368)
@ Karamazovnew or OLC,

where can I find the 'instruction' that restricts the zoom to a single level please guys? I have a few files that have been extensively modified by myself and don't want to inadvertently overwrite anything! I have had a twiddle with cameras.dat and that has not had any effect: my vision is not what it once was and would like to try having a zoom function on the OLC GUI (accepting that the flat-sea thing will happen) to see if it helps my poor old eyes! Will not be making the mod public, it is purely for my own use!

Regards

The cameras have 2 settings that affect zoom, the AngularAngle in the CameraParams node (I suggest you don't mess with that) and the ZoomLevels in the Optical node. You right click on the ZoomLevels item and choose "Add Array Item". OLC uses just one zoom setting, 1X (I think). He modified the Angular angle to make it a "fake" 3X. You can just add a 2X zoom (which will work as a 6X zoom) or 3X (fake 9X). However be advised that the AOB wheel will no longer work correctly, you will have to divide each marks reading by the multiplier. If a ship at fake 6X is 20 marks high, you'll use 10 marks on the AOBF to calculate the range. ACM works the same way but it has 2X and 6X zooms and the AOBF is set for 6X zoom. You can make an aditional 12X zoom and just divide the marks by 2. Or you can also check out Makman94's Manos Gui which (i think) works at 15X zoom :up:. Good luck.

Kentrat 12-01-09 07:31 AM

Thanks Karamazovnew, will have a little play with this now, as I explained in a post to a couple of other guys I am getting married just over a week away and SH3 has taken a bit of a back seat! Just wanted to say thanks for your advice and help with this, will report back with my findings or cries for help when I have trashed things up....

Regards

Kentrat 12-01-09 08:26 AM

Hmmm....

I have just had a look in the cameras.dat ( a couple of different versions in fact ) and there are now 3 different zoom levels in there under the periscope optical sections; however, pressing the tab key has no effect in either attack or ob scopes or in the UZO. I've checked the commands_de and commands_en files and zoom should be 'tab' key

[Cmd72]
Name=Cam_zoom_cycle
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x09,,"Tab"

So I can only guess that something in menu_1024_768.ini is altered to prevent zooming?

Is there anything I can look for in this or any other file that could be causing my zoom not to work?

Thanks and best regards

karamazovnew 12-01-09 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentrat (Post 1211707)
Hmmm....

I have just had a look in the cameras.dat ( a couple of different versions in fact ) and there are now 3 different zoom levels in there under the periscope optical sections; however, pressing the tab key has no effect in either attack or ob scopes or in the UZO. I've checked the commands_de and commands_en files and zoom should be 'tab' key

[Cmd72]
Name=Cam_zoom_cycle
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x09,,"Tab"

So I can only guess that something in menu_1024_768.ini is altered to prevent zooming?

Is there anything I can look for in this or any other file that could be causing my zoom not to work?

Thanks and best regards

What about the mouse wheel? You will not be able to move or zoom when the AOBF is on that's for sure because the mouse mustn't be over any clickable object (which includes some invisible ones). By the way, you did sort the zoom levels right?

[0]=1.5
[1]=6.0
[2]=your value bigger than 6

If all else fails, delete the lowest zoom and stay with just 2 levels of zoom.

Kentrat 12-02-09 05:33 AM

Hi again Karamazovnew,

:-) I'm starting to lose the will to live here :-( have tried editing out the lowest level of zoom and still the 'scopes and UZO resolutely remain unzoomable; the zoom level has not changed at all alas...... the zoom does work in map view both with mouse wheel and tab, so am thinking that there must be something elsewhere wrong or missing and I am hoping you are able to give me a few ideas where I could look before I pull the plug and scuttle.....

Regards

karamazovnew 12-03-09 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kentrat (Post 1212256)
Hi again Karamazovnew,

:-) I'm starting to lose the will to live here :-( have tried editing out the lowest level of zoom and still the 'scopes and UZO resolutely remain unzoomable; the zoom level has not changed at all alas...... the zoom does work in map view both with mouse wheel and tab, so am thinking that there must be something elsewhere wrong or missing and I am hoping you are able to give me a few ideas where I could look before I pull the plug and scuttle.....

Regards

Uhmm, What's the MAX zoom setting for the cameras? It's also in the Optical node. It's normally set to Min=1, Max=10, I have no idea how it bugs if you go beyond that.

Anyway, I'll make a file for you when I get back home. Note that it will only work with ACM :D. What zoom levels do you want to use for each screen (AP, OP, UZO, Binoculars)? And do you want to use the Free Cam mode by Stormfly?

h.sie 12-03-09 03:38 AM

try the following: if you make a backup-copy of cameras.dat put it elsewhere BUT NOT it in the library folder. maybe that helps.

this worked for me weeks ago, when I had the same problem.

SH3 seems to read all files in the library folder regardless of the filename, so SH3 would also read in a backup cameras_bak.dat.

75% propability for my statement to be true.

Kentrat 12-03-09 07:16 AM

Karamazovnew you are a star,and thanks for the offer of a custom-made file, but h.sie has cracked it!

I had a couple of WIP in the Library folder called cameras1.dat and 1cameras.dat and they must have been read by the prog causing that problem, and am happy to advise that i now have my zooms back :salute::salute::salute:

Many thanks for your patience with an old git, speak soon!

Regards

karamazovnew 12-03-09 06:52 PM

Roger that Ken, I had no idea that can happen :haha:. Thanks h.sie :salute:

h.sie 12-05-09 11:18 AM

hello karamozenew,

which program did you use for the periscopes marks in acm reloaded?

thanks,
h.sie

karamazovnew 12-06-09 01:03 AM

Photoshop, as usual. Why? What's wrong with them?

h.sie 12-06-09 10:14 AM

nothing wrong. I only make some changes for my private use with Paint.NET and they look ugly. but in the meantime I tried gimp2 and it looked much better.

karamozenw, I used your ACM reloaded as basis for some personal changes. would it be okay to publish it? of course with credits to OLC, Mikhayl and you.???

karamazovnew 12-06-09 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h.sie (Post 1214668)
nothing wrong. I only make some changes for my private use with Paint.NET and they look ugly. but in the meantime I tried gimp2 and it looked much better.

karamozenw, I used your ACM reloaded as basis for some personal changes. would it be okay to publish it? of course with credits to OLC, Mikhayl and you.???

Go ahead. Looking forward to seeing them. My contribution was minor anyway. I think I spent less than 1/100 of the time I did on KiUB.

h.sie 12-06-09 10:45 AM

Thank you.

Uber Gruber 12-11-09 07:36 AM

@h.sie

tap tap :hmmm: