SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 players, Introduce yourself: roll call II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219382)

Sailor Steve 10-17-15 08:27 AM

Hey GF! Good to see you're still in the game! :rock:

ReallyDedPoet 10-17-15 08:28 AM

Nice to see you back GF :up:

Jimbuna 10-17-15 09:01 AM

GEORDIE BOYS :rock:

THEBERBSTER 10-17-15 09:23 AM

A Warm Welcome Back > Gunfighter :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link.:salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning :)
The Wolves Of Steel > Adds The Missing Target Identify Icon Back > Wind & Smoke addon Mod:)
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos:ping:
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod:)

Aktungbby 10-17-15 12:03 PM

Welcome back

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunfighter
the old fart is still around

:salute: Well I'm a 'Grosse ol' Fahrt' myself! Love the sig by the way; I own an old 'golden boy' Henry in .44 magnum!

Cyborg322 11-10-15 03:20 PM

Introduction

Ahoy Shipmates :arrgh!: Diary Day 3

I'm not new to Subsim but new to involvement with the forum having sailed in and out since 2009 and SH4 and the then :new: SH5 which I bought the first day it was released which I don't wish to knock we all no its shortcomings in any case the job of bringing it up to very high standard of playability function and graphics has been done here . All involved have my utmost respect, Well done :yeah:. :salute: :sign_yeah:

For the first time I've started to get involved with this forum and hope to give some valuable and interesting input as many of you do now :up:

Arma 3 is my other passion I have been heavily involved with Mission Making Scripting/Coding and some basic Modding/Retexturing. Up until recently I have been Hosting running missions linked with my Teamspeak Server using a Mod called Taskforce Radio with a big emphasis on Realism. I'm taking a break from it to concentrate on SH

In the past few days I've posted a few comments I ask a lot of questions :know: and hope not to make a nuisance of myself also I'm just trying to find my way round navigating the threads being new to this I find it a little difficult to find/retrace items of interest sometimes, threads seem to splinter all over the place sometimes

Recently I have been comparing SH to new tiles and find it amazing how well its Graphics/Physics etc have stood up to the test of time. It still outshines :sunny: most in its sheer beauty , there is still lots of life in the old Boot ! :ahoy: :lurk:

OldWulf85 11-11-15 10:02 AM

Welcome back Cyborg322 ! :salute:

PaPaGrizz 11-12-15 01:50 PM

New Cherry

Howdy from Arkansas (Third Mountain on the Left),

Signed up about a month ago because I saw a post about Enigma Rising Tide on the internet. Any how, I did the download and it still won't work on windows 7. No big thing I thought....:06: So snooping around the site I found the store and purchased the Naval Combat Pack though the Affy Link. But I didn't know I would have to spend a year in Basic Training reading the manuals to play.

I am use to the games like, Battle-Field series, COD, MOH, and Sniper games, where you can jump in and start the action.
So I guess there will be a BIG learning curve for this Land lubber.

I read about the Silent Hunter Series, and found that SH 5 will work on Win 7. So I now have it.

I have a lot to learn about how to use it, and I see a ton of info from you all on this forum, which I will be studying.

Now for a long story longer:

I'm Al Nelson, better known as PaPaGrizz. 60+ years young. Spent 3 1/2 years, 22 days and 17 hours in a lovely country in Se Asia.

After that I went into the construction business and started a company, which I ran for 30 years. Then, the (deification hit the oscillating rota-tor) the Doc's said if I continue with what I'm doing, I'll end up in a wheel chair.

So I decided, I would work in sale, doing blueprint take offs, consulting, etc...

So now you might be thinking...Why the heck is messing with Sub-Sims?
Darn Good question! 12 November 2014, I suffered a major stoke, which the Doc's and everyone said: Yup it's time for his dirt nap... But Heck No!! I fooled them by being the ornery S.O.B I am and lived.
Again, Long story Longer.
I thing that playing a Sub Sim will help my feeble brain to keep working to get better.

So here I is!
Sorry if I bored y'all and if this not not appropriate, please flag and have the moderator delete it.

I won't get P@$$!! off, I just try and Sink you in a game.

Take Care, and Happy Veterans Day,
PaPaGrizz
:subsim:

Aktungbby 11-17-15 04:55 PM

welcome aboard!

PaPaGrizz!:Kaleun_Salute: good to have a cherried out 60 something aboard!

Sibaritas.net 11-18-15 02:57 AM

Presentation from BCN

Good morning,
my name is Xavier, and I'm from Barcelona. I think I've come late to this game, but I am passionate about this simulators and loved it. I just started with, and I have only doubts ... I hope this forum can go solving them.
At the moment I started following some tutorials I found on you tube of maferioNDr, very interesting but can not get his game screen and mine are the same, so I can not do the same ... I hope to fix to keep learning.
A hug to all boaters.

THEBERBSTER 11-18-15 05:58 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > PaPaGrizz & Xavier:subsim:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Links.:sunny:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:yeah:
Post #188 Campaign Fix And Working Tonnage Bar By MaMa > Pictorial Instructions How To Make It Work:up:
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning :salute:
The Wolves Of Steel > Adds The Missing Target Identify Icon Back > Wind & Smoke addon Mod:salute:
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question):salute:
Tutorial: How To Install “The Wolves Of Steel” Megamod!:salute:
Post #24 Shaefer’ Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube 23 Videos:ping:
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod:)

Jimbuna 11-18-15 07:59 AM

Welcome PaPaGrizz :sunny:

Jimbuna 11-18-15 07:59 AM

Welcome Xavier :sunny:

OldWulf85 11-18-15 09:56 AM

Welcome Sibaritas ! :salute:

Cpt.Barley 11-18-15 10:03 AM

Hello Name is Cpt.Barley iam the U-Boat commander of U-27
I play on 100% realism on sh5 im 32 years old