SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5 players, Introduce yourself: roll call II (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219382)

Aktungbby 06-01-19 03:02 PM

welcome aboard!

BroncoFlamenco!:Kaleun_Salute:

Nitaihatr1 07-31-19 05:22 AM

Hello people!

my name is Nitai and i'm 21 years old (i have the sneaking suspicion i'm on the younger side of this communtiy? i don't acctually know thougth..). i live in isreal and i'm finishing my mandatory service in 2 monthes. i'm installing silent hunter 5 wolves of steel again while i'm typing this and i'd love it if anybody wants to show me around in a co- op campaign(you will discover i have a capability of learning these type of things very quickly, and i have already learned a lot of the important stuff, but there's nothing like the guidance of an expirianced captian to get someone going). i got the game on uplay if that matters for the sake of that.

being compleatly honest you will probebly not see much of me on the forum, if you want to contact me the best way is throgth discord (Nitaihatr1#1306).

Happy hunting!

THEBERBSTER 07-31-19 10:15 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Nitaihatr1
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Aktungbby 07-31-19 11:26 AM

Welcome aboard!

Nitaihatr1!:Kaleun_Salute:

Aktungbby 08-22-19 03:18 AM

Welcome aboard!

Dan0888!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 08-22-19 03:27 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Dan0888
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

palomino 09-29-19 05:04 AM

Hello, all you Kaleuns and Subsimmers

I dug out SH3 from a stash of old game-DVDs the other day and got immediately hooked again - even more so since I installed the "Living SH V15", too - great stuff !
This mod was what got me here in the first place, and seeing what great people are contributing here and the overall decent tone and manners, I decided to stick around.
I'm a 46 year old play-child from Dortmund in Germany, so the only real-world water I have before my doorstep is the beautiful river Ruhr, and I use to spend a lot of quality time with my girlfriend kayaking there, whenever weather would allow for it.
Right now, while I type these lines, it's Sunday, weather outside is outspokenly dreary, I'm having a good, locally brewed beer and I am searching through this forum, trying to find out, which mod I would need for SH5 ( with Twos), which I also installed after being re-infected with Silent Hunter, to finally enable my XO to identify ships for me.
So, I'm hoping to find my solution after all, have a good day everyone, prost (or skol/cheers) and have a good day !

Happy hunting !

:Kaleun_Cheers:

SA_Dragon 09-29-19 06:18 AM

Hi my name is Wikus, I am 17 and from South Africa. I just bought SH5 from gumtree (kind of a Ebay here) after watching some gamplay over on youtube. I am happy to join the forums and best of luck to the rest of you.

Oh and thank you for all of the good content on this site:Kaleun_Cheers:

MuseumShips 09-30-19 06:34 PM

Hi all,

My name is Pim, originally from the Netherlands, but the last 30 years living in the US, of which I am a proud citizen for the last 6 years.
New to the forum, but have played all SH versions. It has been a while since I played SH5, but I am a World of Warships player since Alpha weekend and am thorougly enjoying it.
The fact that soon(ish) we will be able to take subs in to battle and a conversation I recenlty had with forum member 'Kapitan' renewed my interest for SH5, and he also recommended me to become a member here!

So, I have been doing some digging and found the original Silent Hunter 5 Collectors Edition files from Ubisoft/Digital River that I bought for $39.99, as well as the licence key in an old email from January 8 2012!

My interest in ships is mainly due to my 12 years of service in the Royal Netherlands Navy, as well as a museum ships website and sidekick Facebook page, I have been running for nearly 5 years now.

So give me some time to find my sea-legs again in SH5, and than I want to know all about this 'Wolfpack' I keep reading about.

BZ to the staff of this forum, for I am one who still thinks it is the best form of social media to communicate with likeminded people.

Thanks, and as somebody once said: "I'll be back"

Cheers!
Pim

Aktungbby 09-30-19 07:56 PM

Welcome aboard!

Pim!...errr MuseumShips:Kaleun_Salute: SA_Dragon! :Kaleun_Salute:& palomino!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna 10-01-19 05:02 AM

Hi Pim and welcome to SubSim Meneer.

It would appear we have a mutual friend in Blair and as chance would have it I used to live in Dordrecht about thirty year ago.

Enjoy your stay here :salute:

MuseumShips 10-01-19 02:10 PM

What a coincidence! I was born and raised in Hardinxveld-Giessendam, just about 6 miles upstream from Dordrecht on the river Merwede.
Stay surfaced though as it is not deep enough to run at periscope depth :haha:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2630088)
Hi Pim and welcome to SubSim Meneer.

It would appear we have a mutual friend in Blair and as chance would have it I used to live in Dordrecht about thirty year ago.

Enjoy your stay here :salute:

THEBERBSTER 10-01-19 03:38 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Museum Ships > SA_Dragon & palomino

MrLiability53 10-02-19 02:55 AM

Hi

I've been a major military history buff since I could remember, but naval history (past about the mid 17th century anyway) just never really interested me.

I'd played other naval combat sims waaaaay back in the day, then I played Silent Hunter 2 and Destroyer Command. The tactics were a bit beyond my grasp back when I played them. I wasn't used to games where simple reflexes and arcade skill were next to useless, but it fired up my young imagination. Being in essentially a hollow torpedo designed to carry slightly smaller torpedoes while being shot at with torpedoes.... it seemed an utterly insane way to fight a war.

So anyway, long story short, naval history oddly still doesn't interest me very much. The psychology, tactics, and insanity/bravery of the sailors, those stuffed into little metal tubes and those walking on floating metal bullseyes.... that is what I find utterly fascinating.
And yes, I really, really suck at SH5. Worse than I did at SH2. There's obviously a lot of learning to do.

THEBERBSTER 10-02-19 05:12 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > MrLiability53