SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   ACM Reloaded for OLC Mk2d (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155366)

h.sie 12-11-09 08:16 AM

Hey UberGruber,

I'm not a native english speaker. what means taptap?

Are you waiting for news regarding my personal version of ACM-GUI?

It's almost done. In the next days there will be a new thread for that.

But don't expect too much, the work of OLC, Mikhayl and karamozenew was already near perfection.

h.sie.

Uber Gruber 12-11-09 09:58 AM

"Tap tap" is meant to be the sound of a foot tapping impatiently on the floor :D

I agree that the work of OLC, Mikhayl and karamozenew is hard to beat. But I also very interested in seeing what you've put together. :salute:

karamazovnew 01-14-10 12:48 AM

I've done a tutorial for my SH4 rendition of ACM. 99% of what's there applies to ACM Reloaded too, so feel free to read:
http://www.filefront.com/15351513/Manual-Targeting.zip/

Hope it makes sense.

BTW, other interfaces similar to ACM will also work (H.sie's, Manos).

Magic1111 01-14-10 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karamazovnew (Post 1236156)
I've done a tutorial for my SH4 rendition of ACM. 99% of what's there applies to ACM Reloaded too, so feel free to read:
http://www.filefront.com/15351513/Manual-Targeting.zip/

Hope it makes sense.

BTW, other interfaces similar to ACM will also work (H.sie's, Manos).

Wow, cool Tutorial ! Thank you ! :up:

Best regards,
Magic

GOZO 01-14-10 04:21 AM

Very nice tutorial, not at least the graphics.

I also have a general question: In ACM-Reloaded the zoom levels for both scopes are 2/6. So if I understand correctly it is only the 6x zoom that is calibrated to the AOB-wheel when doing distance measuring?

Cheers

GOZO

karamazovnew 01-14-10 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOZO (Post 1236206)
Very nice tutorial, not at least the graphics.

I also have a general question: In ACM-Reloaded the zoom levels for both scopes are 2/6. So if I understand correctly it is only the 6x zoom that is calibrated to the AOB-wheel when doing distance measuring?

Cheers

GOZO

Thanks Gozo. The graphics weren't made for the tutorial tho.. that's how KiUB looks like in the game :D

Yes, only at 6X zoom. To work with the AOBF with 2X zoom readings (on very close ships that are too big), just multiply all values by 3 (6 divided by 2). So..
For height, when calculating range:
- say you're using 2X zoom and a ship is 3.2 marks high. Mentally multiply by 3, which gives you 9.6 and use it normally (align with the top wedge)
For length, when calculating the AOB:
- if a ship is 15 marks long at 2X zoom then it will be 45 marks long at 6X zoom. So you won't find the AOB value next to the 15 mark, you'll find it under 45.

In KiUB the zoom levels are 1.5X and 6X so you multiply by 4 (6 divided by 1.5).
The AOBF in KiUB also has an additional black wedge that is positioned in such a way that it "divides" the value under the top wedge by 4. IF you line up say... 2.9 with the bottom wedge, you'll see a value of 2.9*4=11.6 under the top wedge. The AOBF in ACM doesn't.

Schultz 01-14-10 02:17 PM

It works, thx

GOZO 01-15-10 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karamazovnew (Post 1236478)
Thanks Gozo. The graphics weren't made for the tutorial tho.. that's how KiUB looks like in the game :D

Yes, only at 6X zoom. To work with the AOBF with 2X zoom readings (on very close ships that are too big), just multiply all values by 3 (6 divided by 2). So..
For height, when calculating range:
- say you're using 2X zoom and a ship is 3.2 marks high. Mentally multiply by 3, which gives you 9.6 and use it normally (align with the top wedge)
For length, when calculating the AOB:
- if a ship is 15 marks long at 2X zoom then it will be 45 marks long at 6X zoom. So you won't find the AOB value next to the 15 mark, you'll find it under 45.

In KiUB the zoom levels are 1.5X and 6X so you multiply by 4 (6 divided by 1.5).
The AOBF in KiUB also has an additional black wedge that is positioned in such a way that it "divides" the value under the top wedge by 4. IF you line up say... 2.9 with the bottom wedge, you'll see a value of 2.9*4=11.6 under the top wedge. The AOBF in ACM doesn't.

Great! Thanks alot.:salute:

The use of these tools is soo rewarding and the OLC/ACM-approach is really immersive. After a while you really learn to appreciate it!!!:yeah:

(Later I even can have DD:s OH-mod to work as well. I have made a small camera fix for "ACM reloaded" that works fine but SH3 cmndr is still bugging me so I am making a fresh install and see if I can get it correct:03:)

Cheers

GOZO

LTD1 02-05-10 02:42 AM

Hello! Great mod.

After installing ACM Reloaded I seem to have lost sound contact traces on nav map.
Is this a feature? Or some strange conflict with another mod perhaps?
Is there any easy way to restore em?

karamazovnew 02-05-10 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTD1 (Post 1259021)
Hello! Great mod.

After installing ACM Reloaded I seem to have lost sound contact traces on nav map.
Is this a feature? Or some strange conflict with another mod perhaps?
Is there any easy way to restore em?

Hmm. I don't remember deleting the sonar trails. I always use "No map contacts" so I might be wrong.
Put this on top of ACM. I use it too, it increases the zoom level, shows ports, colored contact icons, harbors, a sub overlay and so on.

http://www.filefront.com/14426793/ACM-Lite-Map.zip/

vergol 03-01-10 01:13 AM

Any suggestions on how to make this mod compatible with the newly-released FM_NewInterior?

karamazovnew 03-01-10 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vergol (Post 1285180)
Any suggestions on how to make this mod compatible with the newly-released FM_NewInterior?

All the Periscopes must be the same. Attack Peri, Uzo, Obs Scope, Binoculars. That's all. I haven't played sh3 for a while, but I'll try this mod and release a patch.

vergol 03-01-10 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karamazovnew (Post 1285362)
All the Periscopes must be the same. Attack Peri, Uzo, Obs Scope, Binoculars. That's all. I haven't played sh3 for a while, but I'll try this mod and release a patch.

You're my hero! :yeah:

karamazovnew 03-02-10 02:45 PM

This is a camera fix for FlakMonkey's New Interior mod.

Download link: http://www.filefront.com/15723605/FM...M_Reloaded.zip

Order of needed mods:

GWX3.0
OLC 'Gold' MkIIc ~ Option 2 OR Option 4 preffered
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)
ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
FM_NI_Fix_for_OLC_GUI_001
FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded
ACM Lite Map (completely optional)

Warning: I have encountered a big bug when I use the NewInterior mod. My binoculars screen goes wild and I can't make out anything. It has nothing to do with the ACM interface or this fix. It might only happen to me because of drivers, resolution or operating system. If this happens to you too, go for h.sie's variant of ACM or Makman's Manos GUI.

vergol 03-02-10 07:41 PM

Your patch fixed the scopes as well as the camera movements. :up:

Binoculars are indeed messed up. It's like they take a snapshot in the direction you're looking and overlay it over every other direction you pan to. Weird; first time I've seen something like this.

There are also a select few buttons on the bottom-center panel that are no longer functional. Specifically: switching to the observation scope via the interface, the mini 'switch to UZO' button, the radio messages button, and the captain's log button.

These are the first things I've noticed, there may be more. I'll keep looking.

Thanks once again.

EDIT: Two major problems: Manual manipulation of the TDC dials on the right side of the attack scope doesn't work. Same for the UZO. They are all non-responsive. In addition, I can't rotate AoB Finder Wheel or any of its parts.