SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   SH3 Commander problem. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210618)

Admiral Halsey 01-16-14 11:10 PM

SH3 Commander problem.

For some reason whenever I install Commander I can't start a patrol unless it's in August of 39. I'm using the GWX 3 mod and I did install the required files to make Commander work. It works just fine when i'm not using commander and Commander works fine WITH mods if i'm running stock SH3.

Sailor Steve 01-16-14 11:38 PM

I don't have SH3 set up right now, so I can't check it, but I believe you have to specify the month and year in Commander then do it again in SH3 as well, and they need to match.

If you've already done that then I don't have any more ideas. Sorry. :sunny:

Admiral Halsey 01-16-14 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2164528)
I don't have SH3 set up right now, so I can't check it, but I believe you have to specify the month and year in Commander then do it again in SH3 as well, and they need to match.

I always do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2164528)
If you've already done that then I don't have any more ideas. Sorry. :sunny:

Don't be. I've exhausted nearly every option and this is my "Hail Mary pass" in all honesty.

Jimbuna 01-17-14 05:52 AM

Do you have the alternative flotillas mod enabled?

I also agree with Steve but the game should automatically match your selected parameters.

Admiral Halsey 01-17-14 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2164560)
Do you have the alternative flotillas mod enabled?

Nope. It's pure GWX 3.

Admiral Halsey 01-17-14 07:17 PM

Giving this a little bump as I want to know if anyone has had this issue before and if it can be fixed. It's not really that big of a deal to me other then losing the ability to choose which month and U-Boat you can start with.

Mittelwaechter 01-17-14 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey (Post 2164527)
For some reason whenever I install Commander I can't start a patrol unless it's in August of 39. ...

Do you want to go on a sightseeing tour? Don't know if your Commander permits to sail off for a beach party in the Caribbean pre summer '39.

Jimbuna 01-18-14 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey (Post 2164617)
Nope. It's pure GWX 3.

Then if your sure you've installed the GWX SH3Commander cfg file all that can be left is a corrupt installation imho.

You are using the latest version of Commander I presume.

Admiral Halsey 01-18-14 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2164852)
You are using the latest version of Commander I presume.

Yep.

Lonny007 01-18-14 02:45 PM

I have noticed when I pick year 1944 using Sh3 Commander and 1.4b no GWX I can not pick a UBOAT or Flotilla I have reinstalled SH3 Commander and always have this glitch. Is this normal?

Thanks

Sailor Steve 01-18-14 03:30 PM

In the stock game I don't think you can start a new career after 1943, and I don't think Commander was designed to fix that.

I could be misremembering though.

Jimbuna 01-18-14 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2165017)
In the stock game I don't think you can start a new career after 1943, and I don't think Commander was designed to fix that.

I could be misremembering though.

Your not.

Laufen zum Ziel 01-20-14 09:33 AM

I have a similar problem. I am running a fresh install of SHIII/GWX on OS W indows 8. I have no mods activated. I loaded the current SHIII. Commander with the GWX patch. Prior to using SHIII Commander I ran a patrol to get the SHIII file into my documents.

When I was ready to start a new career I went to SHIII Commander. It looked fine and ready to go I entered dates U-Boot number and other options. I then started GWX from SHIII Commander. GWX loaded fine with my new Kapitan, date and U-Boot number. I then started my new career. The red load Barr got within 1/2 inch of finish and crashed. I then started a patrol without SHIII Comander and had no crash.

Any Ideas?

Admiral Halsey 03-01-14 10:36 PM

Yeah it's been awhile but thought i'd give an update. Turns out the problem wasn't with SH3 Commander. Seems that I couldn't start past September no matter what and that includes stock. I'm thinking that when I downloaded the game something might not have come down the pipe with it and that's what caused it. I'm redownloading it from Amazon at night since that's when my internet works the best. I'll let you guys know if it's fixed once I try it.

Admiral Halsey 03-02-14 01:09 AM

IT WORKED!!!! I can start at a point after September!!!

Edit: So GWX still won't work after September which sucks. I think I might have to redownload that as well.