SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Flakmonkey's Interior with crew (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=180438)

urfisch 02-24-11 05:42 AM

good work, dude. now we just need the new crew from sh5 and everything is perfect!

Schwieger 02-24-11 07:47 AM

Hahah has anyone tried to import SH5 crew yet?

MCHALO12 02-24-11 02:37 PM

Hi iambecomelife,

very good idea to import the already existing characters! Could you please tell me which file(s) you implemented, to also make the animation work? Perhaps I could map more detailed textures to make them look a little better...

Best regards, MCHALO12.

iambecomelife 02-24-11 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCHALO12 (Post 1605262)
Hi iambecomelife,

very good idea to import the already existing characters! Could you please tell me which file(s) you implemented, to also make the animation work? Perhaps I could map more detailed textures to make them look a little better...

Best regards, MCHALO12.

I copied the 3d model of one of the men in the file cuib_mitraliera.dat, including his animation frames. It was just a matter of copying the whole chunk in S3ditor, including animations, and then going to the Type VII interior file and creating a node for him. Then moving him so he's standing in the right place.

You can also try extracting figures from the following files in data\library:

Sudor.dat (dockside welder - maybe good for the engine room?)
Vorbit_agitat.dat (four men talking - maybe place them in the bunks)
Workers_santier.dat (the construction crew - very good for the galley & engine room)

MCHALO12 02-24-11 05:17 PM

Thank you again for the great idea! I will try it the upcoming weekend and afterwards report here.

Best regards, MCHALO12.

Gewehr98 02-27-11 11:21 PM

Will these guys be linked in any way to the crew management screen? IE: There are 5 guys in the diesel room in the crew management screen therefore there are 5 3d guys there too?

sabretwo 03-03-11 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gewehr98 (Post 1608425)
Will these guys be linked in any way to the crew management screen? IE: There are 5 guys in the diesel room in the crew management screen therefore there are 5 3d guys there too?

I'm thinking that might be overkill. But, :hmmm:...it may be possible to make the diesel crew disappear when the subsubmerges, just as the control room crew appears when the sub submerges...basically controlled by the same controller.

Taking this a bit further, the same controller could also be used to hide or show other personnel in other locations, just for variety. This way you don't see the same people in the same places all the time.

I'm not familiar with how these controllers work, but from what I've seen this idea seems to be technically feasible.

Rickster1 03-03-11 10:27 AM

Soon please, please.

DivingDuck 03-03-11 11:17 AM

Moin,

my remaining knowledge of the SH file structure has gotten very rusty, but this thread got me interested, although I remain retired. ;)

I don´t know a way to link the 2D crew management screen to the 3D crew, never investigated into this matter. But one thing is for certain, you can make the diesel crew disappear when the sub dives. I´ve placed 2 engines in the FM_Interior mod, the one that rocks when the diesels are running and an immobile one. Link a dummy to the immobile version and the crew will appear/disappear when surfacing/submerging. But link it to the immobile one, otherwise they will rock as the engine does. LOL.

Regards,
DD

Magic1111 03-03-11 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivingDuck (Post 1611243)
Moin,

my remaining knowledge of the SH file structure has gotten very rusty, but this thread got me interested, although I remain retired. ;)

I don´t know a way to link the 2D crew management screen to the 3D crew, never investigated into this matter. But one thing is for certain, you can make the diesel crew disappear when the sub dives. I´ve placed 2 engines in the FM_Interior mod, the one that rocks when the diesels are running and an immobile one. Link a dummy to the immobile version and the crew will appear/disappear when surfacing/submerging. But link it to the immobile one, otherwise they will rock as the engine does. LOL.

Regards,
DD

I don´t trust my eyes.....:o

Welcome back my friend !!! :D :yeah:

I´m very happy to hear from you ! :up:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

urfisch 03-03-11 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivingDuck (Post 1611243)
Moin,

Regards,
DD

hey dd...

schön dich zu sehen. willste nich nochmal ein wenig bei sh5 helfen?

;)

Magic1111 03-04-11 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urfisch (Post 1611427)
hey dd...

schön dich zu sehen. willste nich nochmal ein wenig bei sh5 helfen?

;)

...dass wäre ein Traum...:woot:

DivingDuck 03-04-11 02:13 PM

Moin,

@M4x1 + urfisch:

Vielen Dank für den netten Empfang. Ob das mit dem SH Modden noch mal was wird, weiß ich nicht. Mein neuer Laptop kennt SH noch nicht mal. ;)

Thanks for your warm welcome. I´m not certain about returning to modding SH. My new laptop does not even know any SH files yet. ;)

@MCHALO12:

For a start you should avoid using SMC (StateMachine Controllers). They are not easy to handle, they are prone to error, and there are very very few crew commands left that are not used by stock SHIII. And those that are/were free have been used by Anvart and me already. At least that´s how it was about 1 year back. There might be lots of other folk using them nowadays in their mods. But be aware that if you pull of this mod, you will be besieged to implement compatibility for every other mod, no matter if you´ve ever heard of it or not. ;)

My suggestion, use as less animated parts as needed to make the crew members appear to be alive to reduce the amount of data. Thus you can create a loop without too many people recognizing it for a loop. A loop will play without a link to SMC. Link them to the immobile version of the diesel. Thus they will disappear when submerging. If you keep the amount of data "low", you could use a "second" crew with different animations, such as holding a mug of coffee, to replace the working crew while submerged.

Regards,
DD

Magic1111 03-04-11 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivingDuck (Post 1612240)
Moin,

Ob das mit dem SH Modden noch mal was wird, weiß ich nicht.
Regards,
DD

Einmal Modder, immer Modder ! :D :haha:

Hehehehe, komm, gibt´s zu, es juckt doch in den Fingern zu modden....! :yep: :haha:

Viele Grüße,
M4x1

brett25 03-06-11 04:49 PM

Quote:

I don´t know a way to link the 2D crew management screen to the 3D crew, never investigated into this matter.
How possible would it be to link crew appearing/disappearing to the officers on the crew management screen. When you move an officer to rest he disappear from the boat. Could character models be linked to this feature? when an officer is moved to rest the "crew" disappears from the respective compartment/or default switches crew from working compartment to rest compartments, by making avatars linked to "on" state appear in rest compartment and avatars linked to "off" state disappear.