SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   No option to choose forum colors/format etc.? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=175748)

frau kaleun 10-04-10 10:02 PM

No option to choose forum colors/format etc.?

Hey, what happened to the different options for viewing the forums (the blue/white one, the black/grey one... I forget what they're called)?

I was right in the middle of posting and hit Submit and it reloaded in black/grey instead of the blue I'm used to, and the thing in Edit Options where you can select a "format" or whatever appears to be gone.

Not a big problem, but thought I'd mention it in case it's not intentional or expected. :DL

Onkel Neal 10-04-10 10:08 PM

I've removed the options to try and narrow down the problem some users are having.

frau kaleun 10-05-10 10:38 AM

Okay, I thought it might have something to do with that. :)

Jimbuna 10-05-10 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1509469)

Of course you did :O:

:03:

Seeadler 10-05-10 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1509469)

The biggest problem with different styles is that some users do not write with the default font color of a particular style.

Has someone a dark background style, then the style default font color for him is white, but his posting appears for all others in a readable font color, no matter which background color they use as long as the default font color is used.

But if the dark background user now formats his text additionally with white font color, then these fonts appears on all other backgrounds in white.

If other users now use a white background style, because they prefer this style (books, newspapers are usually with black text on white background:03:), they can no longer read the text because the articles will appear with white fonts on a white background.:D

frau kaleun 10-05-10 03:00 PM

Oh, that I know - as long as someone just uses whatever the "auto" font color is, it seems to work okay. I've never noticed a problem with it unless someone deliberately changes font colors and one of them is a bad match for a different forum style.

But I'm assuming Neal was referring to problems some people were having with their AV/Malware programs going nuts when they accessed the site, something to do with Flash ads or Java applets triggering AV alerts and stuff.

STEED 10-09-10 06:27 AM

I hate smart dark as this causes me to have headaches! I rather the light blue one which I had no problem with and headache free.

Herr-Berbunch 10-09-10 06:53 AM

It took me ages to realise why, with using the light blue, that some people chose to write in white and make it nigh on impossible to read - I used to have to highlight the section and read it that way :rotfl2: then I saw the options at the bottom one day and it all became clear! :)

STEED 10-09-10 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED (Post 1511695)
I hate smart dark as this causes me to have headaches! I rather the light blue one which I had no problem with and headache free.

15 minutes here on smart dark and now I have a headache coming on, looks like I will be here even less now. :down:

Sailor Steve 10-09-10 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEED (Post 1511695)

And I have just the opposite problem.

Onkel Neal 10-10-10 12:06 PM

Styles enabled.

Seeadler 10-11-10 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neal Stevens (Post 1512254)
Styles enabled.

There is no option to switch the styles or I can't find it:hmmm:

Dowly 10-11-10 06:49 AM

Aye, not enabled for me either. :DL

frau kaleun 10-11-10 09:31 AM

Me neither. It switched back automatically the last time, but I'm still in the black/grey with no option to switch it myself.

STEED 10-11-10 10:50 AM

Nothing here...I hope the daisy blue will be back to choose from as that one dose not give me the headaches.