SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] GWX3 Cfg files for SH3 Commander - easy installer (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147567)

VikingGrandad 02-05-09 03:25 PM

Thanks Kpt!

And thanks JScones - I'll take a look.

IVO 11-10-09 11:31 PM

What i did

I have a clean original copy of v1.4 and a different copy of sh3 that is in a folder in programs title GWX3.0 so when I got sh3 Commander I just changed the path in it to access my GWX3.0 folder like this
C:\Program Files\GWX.30\SilenthunterIII
instead of its Default path with was
C:\ProgramFiles\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII

So the GWX3.0 path I put in the sh3commander was just me renaming a clean copy of SH3 v1.4 Ubisoft folder named "ubisoft" in programs files
So if I use SH3 commander its path I set to GWX folder and if I load SH3 disc normally and the little start screen pops up it will go to the original clean copy. So then i can play online and all the mods are in the other copy.

Ivo Aston
Oberleutnant z.S. U 706

Sandman_28054 02-06-10 03:17 PM

I have SH3 Commander 3.2 set to run SH3 v1.4.

I would like to set up SH3 Commander to also run GWX 3.0 under another installation.

Could somwbody tell me to do this or point me to a thread that tells me how to do multiple SH3 commander installs.

Thanks.

Jimbuna 02-07-10 07:25 AM

You have two choices:

Insert your game disc and use the repair option to create a further SH3 installation modded up to GWX and named thus.

Install Multi SH3 into your programme folder of GWX and run the game once to create a GWX folder in C\MyDocs.

I'm presuming you've already gotten that far.

You can go to the SH3 options and add the new GWX filepath direct into SH3 Commander in the General Settings section or you can use the method I prefer and install a further copy of SH3 Commander and rename the desktop icon GWX and the program file SH3 Commander-GWX, set the file path to your GWX installation and you should be good to go.

Sandman_28054 02-07-10 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1260745)
You have two choices:

Insert your game disc and use the repair option to create a further SH3 installation modded up to GWX and named thus.

Install Multi SH3 into your programme folder of GWX and run the game once to create a GWX folder in C\MyDocs.

I'm presuming you've already gotten that far.

You can go to the SH3 options and add the new GWX filepath direct into SH3 Commander in the General Settings section or you can use the method I prefer and install a further copy of SH3 Commander and rename the desktop icon GWX and the program file SH3 Commander-GWX, set the file path to your GWX installation and you should be good to go.

Here is what I have done thus far.

Several weeks back, I had a trojan infect my 'puter, so I had to reformat my HD. After several hours of re-installing everything, I finally installed SH3 and patched it to v1.4.

In the My Documents folder, I created a folder named "Virgin SH3" where I copied the Ubisoft, Silent Hunter 3 file from "Program Files".

I renamed it GWX 3.0. Then I proceeded to make another copy of SH3 in the same folder and left it named SH3.

I copied the renamed GWX 3.0 folder to the Ubisoft folder and installed GWX 3.0 Gold on this version.

So what I have is both SH3 v1.4 stock version, plus a few small mods, and GWX 3.0.

Now I have SH3 Commander 3.2 set up to run off of SH3.

GWX 3.0 is not on SH3 Commander.

Would SH3 Commander 3.2 work on GWX 3.0 if I only d/l the cfg files and install them to GWX?

Or do I have to go another route?

Jimbuna 02-07-10 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 (Post 1260783)
Here is what I have done thus far.

Several weeks back, I had a trojan infect my 'puter, so I had to reformat my HD. After several hours of re-installing everything, I finally installed SH3 and patched it to v1.4.

In the My Documents folder, I created a folder named "Virgin SH3" where I copied the Ubisoft, Silent Hunter 3 file from "Program Files".

I renamed it GWX 3.0. Then I proceeded to make another copy of SH3 in the same folder and left it named SH3.

I copied the renamed GWX 3.0 folder to the Ubisoft folder and installed GWX 3.0 Gold on this version.

So what I have is both SH3 v1.4 stock version, plus a few small mods, and GWX 3.0.

Now I have SH3 Commander 3.2 set up to run off of SH3.

GWX 3.0 is not on SH3 Commander.

Would SH3 Commander 3.2 work on GWX 3.0 if I only d/l the cfg files and install them to GWX?

Or do I have to go another route?

It should do provided you tell Commander what file path to take.

However, I still prefer the other option...installing a separate Commander.

Sandman_28054 02-07-10 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbuna (Post 1260804)
It should do provided you tell Commander what file path to take.

However, I still prefer the other option...installing a separate Commander.

That is what I'm trying to do.

I have sh3 commander 3.2 running for sh3 v1.4.

And, I want to install another separate sh3 Commander 3.2 for GWX.

But every time I try to install it (to c:/ProgramFiles/Ubisoft/GWX 3.0), it messes up the other sh3 commander.

And I get a message:

Quote:

Cannot find "sh3.exe" file. Please tell me where where it is

Jimbuna 02-07-10 11:31 AM

Right click on the SH3 exe file in the GWX version program folder and paste/send it to desktop.

Rename the desktop icon GWX3.0 and point the second SH3 Commander to that file path.

irish1958 02-07-10 11:40 AM

If you run CMDR 3.2 with SH3 (v1.4b), no config files are needed for that. Name that shortcut "SH3CMDR"
Copy the entire SH3CMDR to the folder that contains you GWX install and install the GWX CFG files into that copy of SH3CMDR only. You do not put the configuration files in the GWX install, but into the SH3CMDR config folder.
Rename that install GWXCMDR and rename the shortcut the same.
Now, temporally rename your install of SH3(v1.4b) to something else.
Now run your copy of GWXCMDR from the shortcut and a box will ask you to locate the install of SH3. Point it to your install of GWX.
Now rename your install of SH3 (v1.4b) back to the original name and now that Shortcut will start your SH3 v1.4b install, and the GWX shortcut will start your GWX install.
Of course, you have had to install SH3multi install and set that up already.
If you wish, copy both of your CMDR shortcuts to your desktop for convenience.

There are other (and easier) ways to do this, but this will work and you can follow these instructions to make as many installs as you want. (I have had as many as five at one time)

Sandman_28054 02-08-10 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish1958 (Post 1260923)
If you run CMDR 3.2 with SH3 (v1.4b), no config files are needed for that. Name that shortcut "SH3CMDR"
Copy the entire SH3CMDR to the folder that contains you GWX install and install the GWX CFG files into that copy of SH3CMDR only. You do not put the configuration files in the GWX install, but into the SH3CMDR config folder.
Rename that install GWXCMDR and rename the shortcut the same.
Now, temporally rename your install of SH3(v1.4b) to something else.
Now run your copy of GWXCMDR from the shortcut and a box will ask you to locate the install of SH3. Point it to your install of GWX.
Now rename your install of SH3 (v1.4b) back to the original name and now that Shortcut will start your SH3 v1.4b install, and the GWX shortcut will start your GWX install.
Of course, you have had to install SH3multi install and set that up already.
If you wish, copy both of your CMDR shortcuts to your desktop for convenience.

There are other (and easier) ways to do this, but this will work and you can follow these instructions to make as many installs as you want. (I have had as many as five at one time)

Worked like a charm.

Thanks for your patience Captains. :salute:

Jimbuna 02-08-10 05:06 PM

SINK EM ALL!! http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...ies/pirate.gif

General Zod 11-09-10 06:31 PM

Is it OK to use the malfunction and sabotage option in SH3 Commander while using these cfg files?

The main GWX thread that links to this one says not to enable the feature but that post hasn't been edited for a year now.

EDIT: Just found the search function. Disregard this question.
Answer is here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ge#post1461174 if anyone is interested.

humanflie 12-20-12 07:47 PM

Tried to download the cfg installer...

I have a clean install of SH3. I installed GWX 3.0 gold, it worked perfectly. Downloaded SH3 Commander 3.2. Installed.
Want to download the config installer to run Commander 3.2 with GWX 3.0.
I tried to download it but it downloads as a ".7z" file extension. I tried running it anyway but it wouldn't run. "Windows can't open this file."
I tried to change the name to a ".exe" extension but it doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.
HF

Jimbuna 12-20-12 07:56 PM

It is an exe file...there is no need to open it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0a6ne3jen2mkdqd

humanflie 12-20-12 08:07 PM

Seems to have worked.

That worked. I used the link at the beginning of this thread but that file didn't seem to work. This one did.
I installed it into my
steam/steamapps/common/silent hunter 3/SH3 Commander
folder. I hope it does the trick.
Thanks for the speedy response!
HF