SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Real Fleet Boat 2.0 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159709)

Bubblehead1980 01-01-10 11:25 PM

works with RFB?

bilbo992 01-01-10 11:33 PM

yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 (Post 1228908)
works with RFB?

Used it through all last night and into the morning, no issues with rfb 2.0 and rsrd installed. The readme says it was to replace the rfb 1.52 plotting sytem with one like tmo.

Bubblehead1980 01-01-10 11:35 PM

cool

Wolfling04 01-02-10 12:41 AM

Hello, I haven't been around in a while, but about the automatic contact update.

I usually do not use it, as I just use the ruler and chart the approx. course for the ship.

But ultimately it is a game option in the settings, if a player wants to use such a great mod as RFB or any of the others with or without Auto Update then that is his choice and IMHO I don't think that should be a choice for the modder/mod team to make for them

With all respect, Luke and RFB team

Jten 01-02-10 01:28 AM

As per Bilbo992's info I DL'ed the TMO Plot and installed it RFB2.0+TMO PLOT+RSRD5+US Medals FixIIRFB+Webster'smissing voices+Ahead2/3bypayoff and it seems to work fine. I have plots now so I can go below to pick my nose and I don't run into ships not showing on my map as I pull into Midway at Oh-Dark-thirty in the morning.

RFB 2.0 is excellent, the good has only got better, even if I had to go back and re-edit my sampans and fishing boats to half armor values so my 20mm can again penetrate wood.

My hat's off to LukeFF and all the RFB gurus, may your torps never dud and your beards stay out of your soup.

sahinderya 01-02-10 03:08 AM

congrats

Great work guys. Especially loved the presentation manual.
Insipered me.

LukeFF 01-02-10 04:01 AM

Alright, map contacts are available to be re-enabled in RFB. The link can be found in the first post of this thread.

Fish40 01-02-10 08:23 AM

About the Map contacts. From what I've been reading, it seems this option was removed? I hope I didn't botch anything, because that option is still available in my gameplay settings.:o

sergei 01-02-10 08:34 AM

Good work RFB team.
Going to give this a thorough test drive this weekend :up:

Djanico 01-02-10 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF (Post 1228975)
Alright, map contacts are available to be re-enabled in RFB. The link can be found in the first post of this thread.

Luke,

I manually reenabled the contacts myself from the RFB 1.5 vers. just did a copy/paste. What i got is plotting without any general information as to dirrection. I personally think its good enough like that. Just does a general unit marking on the map and the time it was marked and thats it.

What would of been nice is a nonrealtime update feature. In other words, it was up to you to manually chose "update contacts on map" Thus it will erase and redraw the units on your map (but not erase your markings)

Djanico 01-02-10 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jten (Post 1228939)
RFB 2.0 is excellent, the good has only got better, even if I had to go back and re-edit my sampans and fishing boats to half armor values so my 20mm can again penetrate wood.

Jten PLEASE PLEASE show me how to do this.. last night it pissed me off i shot 5 shells into one an it didnt even PHASE it lol

Bubblehead1980 01-02-10 12:13 PM

Anyone else have lag when in conning tower view, when the SJ radar is on? Also heavy lag when looking at radar scope as well as sonar.when radar is off, no lag.Any ideas?

Fresh install of SH 1.5
RFB 2.0, RSRD As mentioned in other post, very strange since never had trouble running SH or any mod before, PC is good to go for games.

sergei 01-02-10 12:24 PM

I have applied the patch and the map markings for visual contacts have been restored.
However, I have no lines on the map to denote sound contacts.

It's not a problem. I have made a little mod that restores the sound contact lines, and will upload it to subsim.

Before I do, I just wanted to make sure that my install in working as designed (ie. visual contacts marked, but no hydrophone lines), otherwise I have made a mod for a screwed up install!

EDIT: tell you what, I'll upload the mod, but remove it if it is not needed

Metus 01-02-10 04:28 PM

Question

I would like to thank you for your Mod. :woot:
Just waited a long time to start a new career. Unfortunately I have some questions/problems:
(1) even when all mods are disabled in my recognition manuals the "black-white-black ... " distance line under the photos is displaced to the right looking out of the manual. Is this normal? Can it be fixed?
(2) When I use RFB with the compatible RSRD Version it doubles some ships in the manual (for ex. the Mogami), and also some base heights are changed so that measuring the funnel gives a wrong result (tested in the torpedo training mission). Did I mess sth. up in my install?

RFB_2.0
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

Thank you.

LukeFF 01-02-10 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djanico (Post 1229129)
Jten PLEASE PLEASE show me how to do this.. last night it pissed me off i shot 5 shells into one an it didnt even PHASE it lol

What caliber of deck gun was it, and were you shooting at the waterline? It does make a difference.