SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Cannot DL RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171256)

Steelkilt 06-19-10 10:20 AM

Cannot DL RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010

Can we get it onto our download section. The FF link won't let me get the whole file...also...is this a replacement for the prior patch or an addition?

running SH1.5, RFB2, RFB march patch, EZ Plot 1.0...thinking of adding Small_Nav_Tools_for_RFB_2.0...any missmatches with that salad?...SK

Jan Kyster 06-19-10 10:45 AM

Downloaded and unpacked errorfree here...

Clear FileFront cookies... don't use DL-manager... :hmmm:

Steelkilt 06-19-10 11:16 AM

no joy on FF cookies...I should add my connection bandwidth is mega populated and slow so I'm prolly timeing out with them(appt building wifi)...I've never had any problems with our DL section here and I've pulled some monsters(that's like 50M for me)...thanks for the reply...SK

Jan Kyster 06-19-10 11:50 AM

Hmm... have heard of others having problems with FF for no apparent reasons, so... have a try at this one then:

*link deleted*

A feedback would be nice.... hope it worked well?

Steelkilt 06-20-10 05:31 AM

Jan...Was able to try the other link before it got deleted...no go...quit after 17 Kb. The patch IS listed in Downloads but it's the link to FF. They just keep looping me back to the first page.

If someone could just upload "RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010.7z" itself to the DL section of SubSim it would be much apprieciated...SK

Jan Kyster 06-20-10 08:10 AM

For some strange reason three others downloaded the patch via my link! :rotfl2:

Wonder if they had issues with FF as well? :hmmm:

Anyway, it's certainly something at your end that's causing trouble. AntiVirus programme perhaps? Firewall?
Can't you find another place to download from?

If everything else fail, feel free to PM me and I'll ship you a DVD :up:

Steelkilt 06-20-10 09:33 AM

I will admit FF runs hot and cold for me. I'll just keep trying. I'm out on patrol now so it will be some time before I'm back in the office.

Thanks for the DVD offer perhaps you might give it a second thought if I told you I live in Bangkok, Thailand. I'm sure I'll be abe able to web it sooner or later.

Clarify, if you would: Do I replace the earliar patch with the new one or lay it in under the first patch on the generic mod list, before anything other mods?...SK

Brenjen 06-20-10 09:53 AM

I downloaded it from the link in the subsim D/L's section which links back to filefront & even though I got it I think it was a corrupt file because it's causing CTD's for me.

Is there anywhere else to get the file that won't hare-lip the pope?

I'm about to try the D/L again but it's getting tiresome testing the different combinations to be sure of the cause of the CTD's in addition to the time wasted on re-downloading; sure glad I don't have dial-up....yikes.

Steelkilt 06-20-10 10:05 AM

Like I posted earlier:

"If someone could just upload "RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010.7z" itself to the DL section of SubSim it would be much apprieciated...SK"

Thank you...SK

Jan Kyster 06-20-10 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelkilt (Post 1423645)
Thanks for the DVD offer perhaps you might give it a second thought if I told you I live in Bangkok, Thailand...

Well, as long as you're localized on this tiny planet, I have no worries... :hmmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelkilt (Post 1423645)
Clarify, if you would: Do I replace the earliar patch with the new one or lay it in under the first patch on the generic mod list, before anything other mods?...SK

According to Luke:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF (Post 1371480)
As always, only this latest patch should be applied after the main RFB file.

From the RFB 2.0 thread, post 640:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=640

:salute:

Steelkilt 06-20-10 12:12 PM

Thank's Jan...I'll keep you posted...SK

Steelkilt 06-21-10 04:41 AM

Got it! FF finally broke loose...SK :D

BEARlyThereCDN 04-20-19 12:22 AM

10 years later and the patch for RFB 2.0 still isn't available anywhere? I'm just getting into mods and this experience is making me lean toward a vanilla game. :doh:

JapLance 04-20-19 01:48 AM

Downloads > Silent Hunter 4 > Mega Mods >Real Fleet Boat 2.0 with Patch Included

This will get you RFB completely patched to v2.0

propbeanie 04-20-19 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEARlyThereCDN (Post 2604405)
10 years later and the patch for RFB 2.0 still isn't available anywhere? I'm just getting into mods and this experience is making me lean toward a vanilla game. :doh:

Are you having trouble with the Page 1 link for that Patch download, which is just above the ReadMe section?

Run Silent, Run Deep - The Campaign

The Patch is for all of the various RSRDC versions
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

If you are putting RSRDC on top of TMO, you won't need the TMO Small Patch. :salute: