SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Mod Idea: Event Camera Related (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=214624)

Nukesub 07-17-14 10:20 PM

Mod Idea: Event Camera Related

Ahoy Kaleuns!

Not sure if this is even possible but...

Is there a way to make the event camera NOT trigger for depth charging but stay for torpedo events?

Thanks in advance shipmates :arrgh!:

suitednate 07-18-14 12:35 AM

I've been wondering this as well. It's real easy to go to full speed once you realize the depth charges are probably gonna be close. Would make it more challenging. I still like to see my torpedoes hit the enemy though. It appears though if you hit a target that is pretty far off (say over 2000 meters or so then the event camera doesn't seem to trigger for these impacts though).

Sailor Steve 07-18-14 12:49 AM

I'm not sure either. Personally I've never used it.

banryu79 07-18-14 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitednate (Post 2225854)
I've been wondering this as well. It's real easy to go to full speed once you realize the depth charges are probably gonna be close. Would make it more challenging. I still like to see my torpedoes hit the enemy though. It appears though if you hit a target that is pretty far off (say over 2000 meters or so then the event camera doesn't seem to trigger for these impacts though).

When I started my first career, I had ambivalent feelings about the event camera option. I liked very much to see my eels running underwater and then struck (or bounce or miss) the target... So it was hard to decide to not include the option for the sake of "realism", and I was worried that I will had to regret the decision.

And you know what? The gameplay has been even better!!
I love the layer of uncertainity when eels are fired and all I have to do to know if they will struck the target or not is a chronometer with an *estimated* impact time... Is so tense :)

Also, if my eels are destined to miss or to premature donate or whatever, I have to try and guess from other clues what has really happend, which mistake I could have made and so on...

And you cant beat the experience of your first evasion under the depth charges, standing there, in the control room, watching your bave crew full of tension, deciding what to do minute by minute guided only by the sound around you and the useful indications whispered with a tense tone to you from the hydrophone guy... it's awsome, it is just awsome.

If you are into this kind of thing well... Please, do a favor to yourself and turn OFF the event camera option :up:
You will not, I reapet, WILL NOT miss it!

ExFishermanBob 07-18-14 10:02 AM

Yes, the terror of being depth charged under silent running...especially when you hear the props approaching and, if you are on the hydrophone, the splash! of the depth charges.

Nukesub 07-18-14 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banryu79 (Post 2225870)
When I started my first career, I had ambivalent feelings about the event camera option. I liked very much to see my eels running underwater and then struck (or bounce or miss) the target... So it was hard to decide to not include the option for the sake of "realism", and I was worried that I will had to regret the decision.

And you know what? The gameplay has been even better!!
I love the layer of uncertainity when eels are fired and all I have to do to know if they will struck the target or not is a chronometer with an *estimated* impact time... Is so tense :)

Also, if my eels are destined to miss or to premature donate or whatever, I have to try and guess from other clues what has really happend, which mistake I could have made and so on...

And you cant beat the experience of your first evasion under the depth charges, standing there, in the control room, watching your bave crew full of tension, deciding what to do minute by minute guided only by the sound around you and the useful indications whispered with a tense tone to you from the hydrophone guy... it's awsome, it is just awsome.

If you are into this kind of thing well... Please, do a favor to yourself and turn OFF the event camera option :up:
You will not, I reapet, WILL NOT miss it!

This convinced me. Starting a new career tonight with no event camera! :rock:

Now...wheres that IPA

suitednate 07-18-14 09:49 PM

Think I'll try without it as well. Pretty convincing. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: