SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   U-Boote Kurs West! release (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=137233)

Schnee 01-31-10 08:19 PM

UKW

Is this file still available ? Tried D/L the ENG .exe fil but said file was unavaliable?

Luftace 09-07-10 12:44 PM

UKW .exe will not run?

Hello all, just recieved my copy of SoF, downloaded the UKW ENG mod, but when I try to run the mod, I get a message saying the file is not recognized and windows wants me to pick or search for a program that can open it.:hmmm: I am running windows vista 64 and the game itself runs fine. If you need more info than that, I will gladly post it. TIA

Panama Red 09-07-10 01:33 PM

You have to convert the [1] at the end of the downloaded file to .exe and it will become a regular executable file that you can then "execute".

Luftace 09-07-10 03:21 PM

DOH!! sure enough, that's all I needed. Thanx much for the quick replay

Sepp von Ch. 03-08-11 12:46 PM

Please, reupload this UKW mod! Thank you!

raymond6751 03-09-11 03:46 PM

New victim

Der Schmidt !

I just bought the game and tried to download your mod. No luck.

Please provide a good link.

Raider M 04-18-11 06:44 PM

Link to U-Boote Kurs West here

Here is the link to U-Boote Kurs West:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...do=file&id=327

Sepp von Ch. 04-26-11 04:05 PM

And the geramn version of this mod please?;)

Helmsly 05-31-11 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highbury (Post 1118815)
Hello there

I just decided to re-install SOF. My computer at the time it came out really didn't handle it well and it had just never made it's way back on to my PC until I started reading about this mod recently. My only problem is however the German. I know it is only a small portion of the text, but I am admittedly useless in anything but English and a bit of Quebec French.

Is there anything I can do during install to minimize the amount of German this mod inserts into the game? Maybe leaving out new menu screens etc where it will not mess up any new options you may have added. (I don't know if there is anything new in the menu.. can't read it! lol)

Any advise would be welcome, and thanks for working on mods for this game.

Before I installed this excellent mod I made a copy of my game (Copy of 1914 - Shells of Fury).

After I installed the mod I also noted a lot of German in the menus.

To help alleviate the issue a little I copied the menu files from my original copy to the mod copy. All the files were in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Strategy First\1914 - Shells of Fury\Game\Textures\MenuScreens

I copied all the files in the "MenuScreens" folder from the original copy to the modded copy.

There are still a few places with German but the main menus and graphic settings are all in English once again. As a bonus - The Kurs West splash screen is still in place too.

I hope that helps.

Also, thanks much for a great mod! :)

Lindley 10-25-11 04:01 PM

New rank and medal system .

Great Mod very well done.:up:
Could you explain the New rank and medal system please?
I have sunk so far a total of approx 49,000 tonnes and I have had one promotion to Oberleutnant zur See.

No medal so far I thought you would get the Iron Cross 2nd Class after the first ship sunk before any promotion etc.

MichaelJR 02-18-12 09:17 AM

U-Boote Kurs West German version available?

Hi there. Just experienced a weird D/L problem with UKW. Most mods at subsim going down smoothly by hitting the link, finding their way automatically into the D/L file. This one goes only after using "save target..." and manually completing the target file. I downloaded the english file now because no german one is available (seems Der Schmutt has left this community long ago) and will try to manage to master the english directory into the german file order as someone obviously did something like this before.

Besides that and in case i would fail :hmmm: I politely ask if everyone has a german file at hand and would pm me or knows a link for d/l? This would be really great and in any case thanks in advance :yep:

Michael

spudweasel 12-13-18 01:01 AM

U-Boote Kurs West v1.0 Black Sky and Black Water Fix

1 Attachment(s)
After downloading and installing the U-Boote Kurs West v1.0 mod, it took me forever searching through various forum posts to find the fix for the rare black sky and black water issue that some users of the mod, like me, have needed. That fix was no longer available for DL. So I attached my fixed weather.txt file to spare someone else the trouble. The fix was not my doing. But it works. Just install the mod and then replace the weather.txt file with the attached one.