SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Engine Order Telegraph Sound Pack- Download Available! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=103418)

Tikigod 01-09-07 05:04 AM

Engine Order Telegraph Sound Pack- Download Available!

This is a MUST download for EVERY SH3 Player!

This sound pack activates your Engine Order Telegraph to make it sound like a real authentic uboat telegraph like the one posted here at 0:46-0:48 seconds:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNP4ca2mMao

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y14...sTelegraph.jpg

It includes:

-An authentic uboat bell and working chain/gear noise that is synchronized with the 2-D and 3-D gauges.

-The bell turns off when rigged for silent running (only the telegraph handle gears are heard when speed is changed)

-Bell Chain/Gear sound effect is directional. You can hear it from its origin anywhere in the uboat.

-Complete Pack for all German Voices. (It will not work if you are using English voices)

-Does not alter the original voice of the CE (keeps lips in synch with the 3-D model)

-Compatible with all modded versions of SH3 and easily enabled with JSGME.

-Maintains .ogg compression (mono) (will not cause SH3 to crash.)

-Makes an excellent addition to FLB Sale's 4 Dial Slideout Sim Feeling Mod!

-Mod can be enabled in port or at sea! No need for waiting to return home! Apply it now while on patrol!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Complete German Voice Pack (for all German Voices on all Uboats)

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Tikigods_.../fileinfo.html

Alternate Repeating Orders Version (Same as above but, mixed with repeating orders) made by Scir.

Download: http://files.filefront.com/Scir__Tik.../fileinfo.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venatore 01-09-07 05:09 AM

Sounds good mate :up:

Paajtor 01-09-07 05:27 AM

Looking forward to this one!:yep:

JohnnyBlaze 01-09-07 08:08 AM

Woohoo! This is like the Happy times! :smug:

First comes out GWX, then the sextant tool (tho not released yet) and now this!

I feel like at home :rock:

Uber Gruber 01-09-07 08:11 AM

:oops:Idiot question here.....how do I enable german voices but with english subtitles/text ?

Thanks, Hans

JohnnyBlaze 01-09-07 08:18 AM

In the game options before you start/load your patrol

JohnnyBlaze 01-09-07 08:20 AM

I assume you cant apply this mod while on patrol?

Then I must set my course back to home port

Tikigod 01-09-07 08:36 AM

Its just a sound pack. It can be applied at anytime: in port, or at sea. All textures and sound files can be applied at anytime during your campaign.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBlaze
I assume you cant apply this mod while on patrol?

Then I must set my course back to home port

_Seth_ 01-09-07 09:02 AM

Excellent, Tikigod!! This is getting better and better! Good work!!:up::up:

moosenoodles 01-09-07 10:25 AM

Hmmm just installed it with the mod installer,, returned to my mission and there is no difference in the sounds, no bells nada, just him shouting out order in german as he always does, then seeing the telegraph move to the order..

Will re-check install ..

Btw, im in the type IID at the moment testing this..

Cheers,

Moose.

Edit/ Just checked the sound folder and files have been put in and sizes are correct to ur mod folder ones.. strange.. And I am using german voices, with english text..

melnibonian 01-09-07 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosenoodles
Hmmm just installed it with the mod installer,, returned to my mission and there is no difference in the sounds, no bells nada, just him shouting out order in german as he always does, then seeing the telegraph move to the order..

Will re-check install ..

Btw, im in the type IID at the moment testing this..

Cheers,

Moose.

Edit/ Just checked the sound folder and files have been put in and sizes are correct to ur mod folder ones.. strange.. And I am using german voices, with english text..

Did you used the proper folder structure in the mod installer??? I mean the structure should be C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3\MODS\Sound-Mod\data\ etc and not C\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3\MODS\Sound-Mod\Sound-Mod\data\etc that you get if you unzip it into the MODS directory

moosenoodles 01-09-07 10:46 AM

Yeah its always folder name/data/ etc in the mods folder.. dont matter what the folder name is..

and I extracted first to make sure. then dropped the folder needed into the mods folder..

The structure you have just shown though is nothing like what tikis is name wise. ?

Is yours an example or is that how ur download of the pack looked ?

As i said above though i checked the files out of his folder and looked in the main games sound/speech/1 folder etc and they have been installed/put in...

File sizes are a match of tiki's files.. and in the backup folder for the sound in the mods stuff the file sizes are like 18 19 12 , not 69 58 etc so im feeling here that the mod has been installed correctly, and the backups inplace correctly..

Most odd it is, almost like im using the german sounds for voices in game. but the sound pack is not correlating to them .. im sure folder speech/1 though is the right place he would of tested it all afterall :p...

Anymore info appreciated..

moose..

Tikigod 01-09-07 02:18 PM

Are you sure you are using the default german voice? I call this the demo because it only replaces the default german voice in game (folder number 1). There are 9 different german voices all together and I have to edit 8 more folders for it to work for all german voices. It replaces 30 files for each voice (10 for each tone level whispering/shouting/normal). So, it should work as long as the CE is using the voice from folder number 1 no matter if he shouts, whispers, or talks normal. I have a feeling your german voice in game for the CE may be using folders 2-9 for some reason.

Are you using 2 different installs of the game? Maybe you aren't using the version you are changing? I know the file structure is fine. I always test it on myself before zipping and releasing to the public. I'm using the exact one I released, enabled with my JSGME. It shouldn't matter what sub you are using whether it is VII or IIA. All the uboats use the same CE sound files.

It should work when you use the preset speeds on the telegraph (ahead slow, all stop, ahead flank, reverse, ahead 1/3, etc) You won't hear it if you order a specific speed (like 2 knots, 4 knots, 12 knots) So, make sure you are ordering speeds using the default speed telegraph not the numbered speed one.

Boris 01-09-07 02:31 PM

Doesn't work for me either. I double checked the Mod folder. Using GWX of course.

Jimbuna 01-09-07 02:36 PM

Very impressive TG :up: