SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093)

charognard 03-26-10 04:17 AM

with any text editor like windows bloc note

PL_Andrev 03-26-10 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1332670)
Upcoming fixes in next version (...)

Still working on (...)

New features for next version (...)

Do you mean version 1.1.0 or future versions?
When can we expect the next versions of this mod (few days, weeks, moths)?

mpalao 03-26-10 05:33 AM

Hello to everybody.

I have some problems with the crew bottom (or captain bottom) placed on the lower bar with this mod. When I try to click this bottom, the game goes out to windows leaving the game...please I need your help.

I donīt know how it works all bottoms in the lower bar, I donīt see any description when I press these bottom with the mouse....please could anyone clarify me what does bottom mean on this lower bar ?

My Mods installation was...

firsts : OldStyleSHControls_1_3_0_TDC_byTheDarkWraith
second : NewUISH5_0_2_0_byTheDarkWraith

thank you so much.

Bill.Braskey 03-26-10 07:25 AM

Thank you TDW, your hard work will be used by many...

mr chris 03-26-10 07:40 AM

Dumb question, how does one install the SH3 UI version?

ReallyDedPoet 03-26-10 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr chris (Post 1334861)

Actually I was going to ask a similar question last night about the SH5 Enhanced UI. I just went ahead and installed the Main UI Mod with the No TDC Optional Mod and got what I wanted :)

I think the SH3 version may be in the dials folder that came with this. Sure DW will be along to help :yep:

It's an awesome mod by the way.

TheBeast 03-26-10 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr chris (Post 1334861)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith (Post 1334499)
if people would read the directions I provided you would see that everything is customizable - even the hotkeys used :DL Yes, they are located in the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file. ANYTHING that can be customized or changed resides in that file.

The readme files tell you how to change things after you edit the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file.

mr chris 03-26-10 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1334901)
The readme files tell you how to change things after you edit the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py file.

Thanks. :up:
When i D/L i thought the would be three different version in separate files for you to choose. And just add which one you wanted to JSGME.

kylania 03-26-10 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpalao (Post 1334709)
My Mods installation was...

firsts : OldStyleSHControls_1_3_0_TDC_byTheDarkWraith
second : NewUISH5_0_2_0_byTheDarkWraith

The NewUISH5 completely replaces the OldStyleSHControls, you should use one or the other, not both. Unload both, load NewUI and it should work.

ReallyDedPoet 03-26-10 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1334901)

Yeah, forgot to mention that one :oops::)

TheDarkWraith 03-26-10 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antar (Post 1334676)
Do you mean version 1.1.0 or future versions?
When can we expect the next versions of this mod (few days, weeks, moths)?

I work on those on a daily basis. Version 1.1.0 released one day after the initial release. I'm working on v1.2.0 now. The mod is far from perfect - it's functional to say it best currently. It needs lots of work but I work in small steps to ensure things work correctly. Thus is why you'll probably see lots of revisions on this.

TheDarkWraith 03-26-10 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragtag (Post 1334545)
I tried enabling the new periscope like this:

# emtguf's periscope rework enabled
emtgufPeriscopeReworkEnabled = True

But i still get the standard SH5 periscope. Do i need to copy over some more files from the main package to the MODS folder?

It would also be nice with some explanatory comments on all the mini-map features in your options file. Some are self-explanatory but not all of them are :)
For example, i enabled this: MapCoordinatesEnabled = True # stock False
But i can't see any difference on the map... though it might be me that's blind ;)

I really love how you worked this out, the option file is absolutely brilliant.

Thanks for this epic mod. It takes SH5 to a whole new level.

I added support for emtguf's periscope mod. By setting that value to True, like you did, the code knows to take some action to remove some items from certain views. You still have to add his \Library folder to the mod and his .dds files. Once you add those two things his periscope reworks will show. I included his full mod in the '\mods from others' folder of the UIs mod. By adding support like I did, emtguf doesn't have to keep releasing new .ini files for my UI mods when he makes a new revision to his.

Truth be told I'm not quite sure what all those options currently do for the mini-map. I found them disabled in the code and made them 'optionable'. Those are still a WIP. Feedback on what you all find from them will be great.

The MapCoordinates one I've been tracking down and it appears it's referencing a .dds file that a) either doesn't exist or b) is 'blank'. Like I said I'm still looking into that one.

Currently there are 3 UI types to choose from:

SH3Style
SH4Style
SH5Enhanced

By setting the 'UIStyle=' to one of the above you change which UI you are using. It's that simple.

I'm working on making the TDC options the same way. When I'm complete with those it will be a simple matter of setting 'TDCMode=' to one of the values and then you have that TDC mode. You won't have to manually copy files over anymore.

gutted 03-26-10 10:38 AM

Think i might wait for a few revisions before i update from version 1.0.

I've already made several changes to the mod, and i dont wanna be doing that every single day LOL.

TheDarkWraith 03-26-10 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted (Post 1335109)
Think i might wait for a few revisions before i update from version 1.0.

I already did several customizations, and i dont wanna be doing that every single day LOL.

well you definitely want v1.1.0. It addresses an update bug with the officers. If you're going to 'wait' wait with v1.1.0.

gutted 03-26-10 10:58 AM

well, considering that i never use them anyway.. it's not a problem :D