SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Comments to SUBSIM Review (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=172)
-   -   Female Deckscrubber reporting in! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=189689)

Nikkolo 11-15-11 11:32 PM

Female Deckscrubber reporting in!

Hello all :)

My name is Nicole, long long time lurker, finally trying to make the plunge into this forum.

I usually hate forums with a passion, but from my long time lurking days I know this forum can be very nice to hang out on and it's always nice to meet people with similar interests as myself.

And the question I get asked alot by friends or when I tell people what my hobbies are in which I reply with "submarines, anything navy or WWII" they look at me like.. wait..but..you're a girl right? don't you like shopping?

Well sure I do :P
But I grew up with ships and talk about the navy and such.
My family is kind of a navy fairing family you could say, I was raised on ships, so it kinda stuck I guess.

That's my backstory anway, I wanted to tell a little bit about myself since I see alot of "hi im new" and that's the end of it posts.
Not that there's anything wrong with that ofcourse, just saying :P

I am 23 years old, played SH III until SHIV came out, which was a while ago, been playing it on and off since then, I also have SH V, which I hate with a passion, mostly because of the many many changes to the SHIV format which I am so familiar with and feels just right to me.

I don't know anything else to say really, Looking forward to making some friends here ofcourse if you have any questions, just let me know.

I'll be happy to answer them :)

Nicole..

Torplexed 11-16-11 12:32 AM

Welcome to Subsim Nicole! :salute: Glad to have you aboard!

Reece 11-16-11 12:55 AM

Hello Nicole, welcome to Subsim,:up: we're all friends here, hope you stick around. I love SHIII, I have IV and V, I don't play V, too many problems, however the modders have done wonders, you might want to give it another go!:yep:

Sailor Steve 11-16-11 12:57 AM

WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

Since you've been lurking you probably know that you're not alone in the female member department. As for SH5, there are mods which recreate the SH3 and SH4 interfaces, and the SH5 would is actually looking very bright.

Also, don't forget to PM Neal Stevens or email him at subsim@subsim.com. Female members get custom avatars for free, whereas we lesser mortals have to pay for them (donate, actually, but it all feels the same).

Nikkolo 11-16-11 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1788492)
Also, don't forget to PM Neal Stevens or email him at subsim@subsim.com. Female members get custom avatars for free, whereas we lesser mortals have to pay for them (donate, actually, but it all feels the same).

ghehe, don't think i'll do that, i'll kinda feel like a cheat..
I want the same rights as everyone else :P

Reece 11-16-11 01:09 AM

The other girls do! go for it!:yeah:

Nikkolo 11-16-11 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1788497)
The other girls do! go for it!:yeah:

this is becoming more and more like Sophie's choice :(:(

Jimbuna 11-16-11 07:08 AM

Welcome to SubSim :sunny:

Herr-Berbunch 11-16-11 07:24 AM

Welcome aboard :salute:

Why would 40-odd people come and view this thread, and only a handful actually say something? :doh:

Wow, I thought it might be a girl-thing, but no - I've just checked, it seems every new person introducing themselves has the same people welcoming and another 40-odd just looking! :o

I'll let the reader decide whether I mean 40 odd, or 40 odd :O:

Nikkolo 11-16-11 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1788591)
it seems every new person introducing themselves has the same people welcoming and another 40-odd just looking

Thanks for welcoming me, I suppose that's why you're in the welcoming committee :P

frau kaleun 11-16-11 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikkolo (Post 1788469)
And the question I get asked alot by friends or when I tell people what my hobbies are in which I reply with "submarines, anything navy or WWII" they look at me like.. wait..but..you're a girl right? don't you like shopping?

I feel your pain. :yep: :O:

Welcome aboard!

This is indeed a great place and you will find that there is a minimum (actually more of a welcome absence) of the whole tedious "OMG THERE'S A GRRRRL ON MY INTERNETZ" business.

Herr-Berbunch 11-16-11 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikkolo (Post 1788600)
Thanks for welcoming me, I suppose that's why you're in the welcoming committee :P

It is, but I've been a bit slack this last week or two. :cry:

I still don't get why people wouldn't just say a quick hello!?!? It's just plain rude. :-?

Nikkolo 11-16-11 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch (Post 1788652)
I still don't get why people wouldn't just say a quick hello!?!? It's just plain rude. :-?

I agree completely

Nikkolo 11-16-11 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frau kaleun (Post 1788649)
I feel your pain. :yep: :O:

"OMG THERE'S A GRRRRL ON MY INTERNETZ" business.

The main reason I normally don't visit forums :P

Jimbuna 11-16-11 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikkolo (Post 1788656)
The main reason I normally don't visit forums :P

Reminds me of the days of chat forums "A/S/L"? :har: