SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Torpedo reload problems!! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=142110)

maverick76 09-15-08 02:52 AM

Torpedo reload problems!!

Could anyone help me??

Its 1940. Type boat IXB.

I shot all of my torpedoes. Only some left in the external reserves. Fore and aft tubes are empty and the buttons are GREY.?!

First i put all my best men ( incl. 3x torpedomen) (not exhausted) in the back
to reload my torpedoes from External reserves. I tried it while on surface and submerged. I was not running silently and the complete crew was not exhausted.
I tried it first with autoloading mode and later i turned it to manual.
But without succes. The torpedoes were not even in queque....

I tried it for many hours and after 2 days on sea i had to go back to France with all the torpedoes in external reserves!!!:damn:

Does anyone recognize this??

nirwana 09-15-08 02:58 AM

U need to fill bow and stern torpedo compartments with crewmembers to load stern externals. If a loading from external is in progress the eal is greyed out and u can see the status by hovering with the mousepointer over it. If its not greyed out its a rare bug which wil be usually fixed by submerging and surfacing again or a restart. Autoreload doesnt activate loading of externals. The grey or white buttons indicates that no reloading of this tube is in progress. If auto is on it means there are none in the internal reserve slots.

Occasionally in a storm the boat will be pushed back below surface for a few seconds and deactivates the external loading. U can monitoring it by going into crew management screen where the engine crew jumps forth and back between electric and diesel compartments. A resuming of the loading procedure by the game will not happen and the timer for moving them resets.

Chisum 09-15-08 10:19 AM

And you must be surfaced.

Kielhauler1961 09-15-08 10:23 AM

If you have an officer with the 'torpedoeman' qualification put him in the bow torpedo compartment. He will increase the loading rate dramatically.

maverick76 09-15-08 02:04 PM

okay. thanks for the help:up:

ECAaxel 09-15-08 04:50 PM

also are you trying to move to torps from externals to tubes directly because, that won't work you have to move them to storage then to the tubes

Chisum 09-15-08 11:50 PM

Little addition.

An other action sometime usefull.

For exemple you have 4 torpedos T1 in the front tubes and a lot of T2 in your internal reserves.
But you decide to use the T2 because you go to fight against DD.

It's possible to change.
In the internal reserve compartment, put a T2 in the last case down(red).
After, you track a T1 from the tube into the reserve in a free case but not the last down(it's the first used to rearm) and automaticaly the torpedos in the last case down will be charged in the tube.

Just need a free case in the internal reserve.

dalton74 10-03-08 05:11 AM

I'm having a question about torpedo's. IS it possible to move the aft reserves to the front side? In the front bow my torpedo's are all gone (include the front reserve torpedo's). (sink a lot of ships :D ). But in my backside there are a lot of aft reserve torpedo's. My boat is a IXB (late 1940). I clicked on the aft reserve torpedo's and want to drag it to the front reserve or bow but nothing happens.

I'll hope you understand. Sorry for my English.

KptLt Lindemann 10-03-08 05:26 AM

Nope, you can't do that.

JJAFG 02-07-10 05:50 PM

I solved my problem

Hi, I am new to SH4 and I had the same problem. Then it suddenly started working and then didn't work at all.

This is how I solved it.

Surfaced.
Action stations. Crews were rested before.
save game.

Load game.
Drag torpedo into reserves
All is well.

I think there is a bug somewhere. It didn't work before saving and loading, but did afterwards. Nothing else changed.

KL-alfman 02-07-10 06:04 PM

once this happened to me:
forgot to open the torpedo-hatch (better said: I pressed the wrong button in the heat of a convoy-attack) before firing.
it stayed open (didn't close automatically) and when it does you cannot reload until it's closed. tried several manouvers which none of them helped until I could find the open hatch in external view.
after closing it (press "w") everything's normal again.

maillemaker 02-07-10 09:01 PM

Quote:

also are you trying to move to torps from externals to tubes directly because, that won't work you have to move them to storage then to the tubes
What he said.

In order to load external reserves, you must:

1) be surfaced
2) have men in either the forward or aft torpedo compartments (depending on which reserves you are loading)
3) you must DRAG the torpedo from the external reserve to the internal reserve slot. The reserve torpedo will then turn gray and slowly change color as it is moved.

Steve

Threesixtyci 02-10-10 03:26 PM

And for realism, Sub should be stopped during external reloads and you can't dive during the reload. I bet plenty captains wouldn't bother with the external reserves, due to the luck factor of not being spotted during the transfer.

Jimbuna 02-10-10 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Threesixtyci (Post 1263916)
And for realism, Sub should be stopped during external reloads and you can't dive during the reload. I bet plenty captains wouldn't bother with the external reserves, due to the luck factor of not being spotted during the transfer.

That is very true, especially in the latter years http://www.psionguild.org/forums/ima...s/thumbsup.gif