SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Coming in to some serious money. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=254774)

Platapus 02-16-23 04:49 PM

Coming in to some serious money.

Received this via E-mail

Quote:

UNITED NATIONS COMPENSATION COMMISSION (UNCC)

DIRECTORATE OF INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT AND TRANSFERS.
870 UNITED NATIONS PLAZA, 20-A
NEW YORK, NY 10017 USA
Tel: +1-315-280-5760

Attention: E-mail Beneficiary,

The United Nations Compensation Commission claims-processing exercise for 2023 have approved payments for distribution of 1.5 million successful claimants. In light of the studied intelligence reports forwarded to us by the National Treasury on all payment transaction of the UNCC Settlements and Allied matters, further discovery from the Commissions Tax Force shows that your due payment valuation of $5,500,000.00 (Five Million and Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) has been unjustly treated.

The Governing Council monitors the distribution of payments to claimants by the relevant governments and international authorities hence a revisit to your file requires attention for immediate treat and payment of your compensation fund to you without further delay. Please provide the listed data below for further assessment and verifications to have us commence proceedings.

* Full Names:
* Residential Address:
* Mobile Number:
* Alternative E-mail I.D:
* Copy of Valid I.D:

Your quick response will aid speedy treat of your file.

Sincerely yours.

António Guterres
Secretary-General
United Nations Compensation Commission (UNCC)

It came from a Gmail address from the Secretary General him self so I know it is legit.

Especially since they addressed me as "E-mail Beneficiary" The United Nations does that a lot.

u crank 02-16-23 05:00 PM

Lucky you. Seems legit.

:D

August 02-16-23 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u crank (Post 2853366)
Seems legit.

:D

Totally legit!

Platapus 02-16-23 05:47 PM

I mean, it is not like one of those Nigerian scams. :D

Aktungbby 02-16-23 06:22 PM

Quote:

...aid in the speedy treat(ment) and payment of your fund....
<poor vernacular reflects scam: should've been 'treatment'...Thank god if I'm wrong! You'll finally be able to afford a decent watch!:shucks::oops::nope:

Rockstar 02-16-23 06:33 PM

Some people have all the luck.

em2nought 02-16-23 07:02 PM

The guy in front of me at Chick Fil A left his receipt with a survey for a free sandwich on the counter. Cha-ching! :D

Reece 02-16-23 09:01 PM

Quote:

It came from a Gmail address from the Secretary General him self so I know it is legit.
:timeout:

Yes totally legit, best fill that form out quickly and send it in! :yep:

No need to thank me for the advise! :D

ET2SN 02-16-23 10:21 PM

Just as a reminder, Adopt A Retired Sailor is also completely legit and a great way to claim a financial loss on your taxes. :yeah:

For only $1,000.00 a month, I'll provide occasional e-mail updates on how I'm spending the money.

:rock::Kaleun_Party:

No Paypal, f### that s###. Just send cash. :D

Sean C 02-17-23 12:37 AM

Pfft. I was recently notified that there are two very large metal trunks full of money just waiting for me at Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta, Georgia. You see, a diplomat from the U.K. who was transporting these trunks full of money was unable to pay for his yellow ticket. So, naturally, they emailed me.

I am currently arranging transportation to Atlanta. I'm sure the gentleman who sent the email will be willing to take payment for the yellow ticket from my two newly acquired trunks full of money. Simples.

:hmmm:

Eichhörnchen 02-17-23 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockstar (Post 2853383)
Some people have all the luck.

:har: I was just scrolling down before adding smartly "Some people have all the luck!"

mapuc 02-17-23 05:46 AM

!? You have to fill in all this information to get the money ?

I did nothing at all I got a text message and 3 weeks later the money was in my bank account.

Markus

Reece 02-17-23 05:58 AM

Could I borrow some money Markus? :hmmm:

Jimbuna 02-17-23 06:02 AM

I just contacted António and he confirms it is legit.

Aktungbby 02-17-23 11:37 AM

...don't fergit to claim U trained at polluted Camp Lejeune USMC Base class-action suit, just to augment your pending $3.99 UNCC stipend from António....:haha: