SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   too many planes (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233990)

KirinFrost 10-29-17 01:49 AM

too many planes

Just started a new campaign and i see planes every 2 hrs or so who always spot me and attack. this is ridiculous.

previously on another game i had no such issues. and i have a feeling that neutral ships are reporting my position for planes arrive immediately at my location after i spot the ships.

any mod to reduce the number of planes?

gap 10-29-17 06:35 AM

stock game?

KirinFrost 10-29-17 08:42 AM

nah with OH II mod.

nothing else as far as i can see that will potentially affect the planes.

Previously in another computer with the same mods i didnt see such a thing. its damn crazy now. coordinated plane attacks by spitfires and anson bombers even though im in october 1939

shooting them down does nothing for another one spawns quickly to take over its place...

i once shot down 9 planes in a row.... -____-

TOY 10-29-17 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirinFrost (Post 2520794)
Just started a new campaign and i see planes every 2 hrs or so who always spot me and attack. this is ridiculous.

previously on another game i had no such issues. and i have a feeling that neutral ships are reporting my position for planes arrive immediately at my location after i spot the ships.

yes

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5078

Cyborg322 10-29-17 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirinFrost (Post 2520794)

Hi Kirin

You'll find Aircraft coming at you after you transmit radio messages almost every time when you are in range of an Airfield, so it a good idea to submerge for a couple of hours just after any BDU Contact.

Not sure if neutrals report you, I've not noticed that, but suppose they could do
There are "HotSpots" where Aircraft Patrol Zones overlap where its better to stay under and travel on the surface at night

I've found that Aircraft range is up to roughly 500km /300miles
from their bases, so I sometimes skirt around them and its generally safe .
I have been attacked in an location where there are no bases anywhere
remotely close but its not often

I'm on WOS so your game could be different .
You could edit the AircraftStrike Config file as to frequency (data/Cfg/AirStrike.cfg. ) if you want to tweak it yourself

Simon

KirinFrost 10-30-17 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOY (Post 2520880)

Thanks a lot :D

KirinFrost 10-30-17 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg322 (Post 2520885)
Hi Kirin

You'll find Aircraft coming at you after you transmit radio messages almost every time when you are in range of an Airfield, so it a good idea to submerge for a couple of hours just after any BDU Contact.

Not sure if neutrals report you, I've not noticed that, but suppose they could do
There are "HotSpots" where Aircraft Patrol Zones overlap where its better to stay under and travel on the surface at night

I've found that Aircraft range is up to roughly 500km /300miles
from their bases, so I sometimes skirt around them and its generally safe .
I have been attacked in an location where there are no bases anywhere
remotely close but its not often

I'm on WOS so your game could be different .
You could edit the AircraftStrike Config file as to frequency (data/Cfg/AirStrike.cfg. ) if you want to tweak it yourself

Simon

I really dont know how to explain the planes hmm...

after all, i rarely transmit messages in the first place and i generally ignore orders to do so lol :P

Maybe its just pure bad luck or my game bugged on me again

And in other news, sometimes my tonnage bar works, sometimes it doesnt... idk why lmao