SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Thomsen's Sound Pack V 3.0, 3.1 & 3.2 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134491)

Ivan Putski 05-17-08 10:05 AM

I`ve been using your sound mod since it`s release, and really enjoy it, looking forward to ver.3. Can`t wait to see what goodies you`ve come up with in the new version. IMHO, you`ve produced one of the top sound mods out there, thanks PT. Puts :up:

Philipp_Thomsen 05-17-08 02:49 PM

V3 ON THE RUN!

Well... I'm uploading V3 in this very moment. First uploading the divided version, for those who have dial-up conection. It's 10 files of 35mb each. This way even if you don't have dial-up, you can download it. Would take me 6 hours to upload the whole file, but this way it's only 25 minutes each part, and you guys can start downloading as I'm uploading, saving a lot of time. Later on I'll upload the big one for those who have lightning fast conections...

Also the first post has been changed to explain what's new on this version.

@Sabretwo: Yes mate, we can talk... Two brains think better than one! :up:

@Ivan Putski: Thanks, mate! It's always wonderful to hear something like this after a lot of hard work... :up:

Sag75 05-17-08 04:05 PM

Thank you Thomsen! :up:

i'll wait for the whole file! so i'll eat your mod in one shot!! :D

steinbeck 05-17-08 04:08 PM

The D/L link?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:

Originally Posted by Venatore
Edited...

What did I missed?

Well, What I have missed is your link to the D/L. I've looked all over your post, love the sound of it and want to d/l it.

Please tell me where it is!

steinbeck...:hmm:

Philipp_Thomsen 05-17-08 07:43 PM

LOL...

It's a secret! Let's see if you can find it out!

People are already downloading!

I'll give you a tip... "hard sun"

johan_d 05-17-08 11:43 PM

thanks! downloading now!

Yorktown_Class 05-18-08 12:31 AM

PT,you da man,I have really enjoyed the last version,downloading the new version now:up:

Thanks for another great mod:rock:

Philipp_Thomsen 05-18-08 09:38 AM

Big file and divided files are online already...

Download at will! :up:

Ivan Putski 05-18-08 12:04 PM

Well, I`ve put to sea with ver.3, very nice PT, the sounds I`ve heard so far I find very well done. I like the opening, and closing hatch, with engine room sounds, nice touch. Have`nt got into combat yet, as I`ve just left port, but I`m sure it won`t be long beforeTommie finds me, and I`ll experience your destroyer sounds, plus the creaks, and cranks. Thank you again for this excellent mod. Puts:rock:

Uber Gruber 05-18-08 01:02 PM

@Thoms:up:n

I salute you sir!

Philipp_Thomsen 05-18-08 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan Putski
Well, I`ve put to sea with ver.3, very nice PT, the sounds I`ve heard so far I find very well done. I like the opening, and closing hatch, with engine room sounds, nice touch. Have`nt got into combat yet, as I`ve just left port, but I`m sure it won`t be long beforeTommie finds me, and I`ll experience your destroyer sounds, plus the creaks, and cranks. Thank you again for this excellent mod. Puts:rock:

Yes, I love that part with the hatch to the engine room opening, someone complaining "shut that sh!t, I'm sleeping" and then it closing up again...

Sure some people will complain "I was 250 meters below being depth charged and I heard that with the DIESEL engine and I think it's ridiculous and blablabla..."

But you gotta think this way... It's not possible to have a different ambient sound for when submerged or surfaced, or when in silent running... It would be perfect if this were possible, but it's not... so we gotta work out with what we have... I think we are most of the time sailing from one place to another, and a very little time being depth charged or in a situation of silence... So I'm sticking with my sound pack and with my ambient stereo chatting sound. I reckon some people disagree with me, that's why there's another ambient sound included in the sound pack, for those who don't want chattering in the back.

I don't think I've mentined this before, but the sounds are in the same folder, to activate them you have to rename them. The game will only load "ambient_submarineInterior.wav", so the other files have a number in the end "... interior1.wav" or "...interior2.wav"... you just have to rename the one you want, removing that number in the end. I'll update this in the first post as well...

Schwuppes 05-18-08 07:16 PM

Hi Thomsen!

Today I want to try your mod! :rock:

but when I try to enable it JSGME gives me these warnings:

"Commands_en.cfg" has already been altered by the "OLC GUI 1.2.5 Core Files" mod
"en_menu.txt" has already been altered by the OLC GUI 1.2.5 Core Files" mod

Can I ignore these warnings?

cheers!

Philipp_Thomsen 05-18-08 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schwuppes
Hi Thomsen!

Today I want to try your mod! :rock:

but when I try to enable it JSGME gives me these warnings:

"Commands_en.cfg" has already been altered by the "OLC GUI 1.2.5 Core Files" mod
"en_menu.txt" has already been altered by the OLC GUI 1.2.5 Core Files" mod

Can I ignore these warnings?

cheers!

Yes you can... I've modded those files on top of OLC GUI... I'm also a user! :up:

Rubini 05-18-08 10:41 PM

Great awaited mod mate!:up:

I will look at it ASAP...i just need to finish the LB mod first!:D

Schwuppes 05-19-08 12:32 AM

Hi!

I just tried the mod and I must say that I enjoy it very much! The new periscope hydraulic sound is badass.... it makes my U-Boat sound more agressive, like a high tech destroyer buster! :D

there is only one point which I would have to critique, I thought the creaking and cranking sounds were very loud and also too frequent. They come every five seconds or so... even if I'm not changing depth.
Is there any way you can change the creaking sounds so there are longer breaks in between them?

But this is just my opinion... thank you for your hard work and dedictaion! :rock: