SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Merchant fleet mod question (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219861)

bstanko6 04-24-15 02:44 PM

Merchant fleet mod question

I would liket o use this mod V3.2, I have NYGM and it comes with IABLships. Do i enable this mod with IABL ships or do I remove IABL then, install? Not quite sure. I placed just Merchant fleet in and it gave me CTD so i am trying to figure out the procedure to install.

Thanks

Sailor Steve 04-24-15 02:57 PM

What are your system specs? The usual reason for CTDs with the MFM is not enough memory. You need to have at least 6 GB of RAM and use the 4GB patch. I could never run the MFM until I got my new computer.

bstanko6 04-24-15 03:16 PM

Hi SailorSteve,

I am running a toshiba e55 satelite with 623 GB of free space, not sure about ram, let me look into that. I do not have the patch.

What about installing? is this a stand alone mod, where i remove IABLships? or does it over write them?

Steve, I have 6GB of RAM installed.

By the way, I love your DBSM for SH3, since i switched to NYGM from GWX, i use it to give me that GWX feel. Good job!

Sailor Steve 04-24-15 04:47 PM

The quickest way to get the patch is to download SH3 Front-End.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=212462

You can use any or all of the mods available through it. If you're not interested in the rest, this will let you activate the patch easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2309221)
What about installing? is this a stand alone mod, where i remove IABLships? or does it over write them?

The 4-Gig patch is unrelated to any mods. All it does is tell your PC to use 4 Gigs of memory instead of the usual 2. I don't think any changes are required. If it doesn't work you can always remove the mods and try again.

It really does make a difference.

bstanko6 04-24-15 04:53 PM

Steve, I meant merchant fleet. Do I have to uninstall IABLShips then install merchant fleet?

Sailor Steve 04-24-15 11:36 PM

Sorry, I misunderstood. I would look at IABL Ships and then see which of them are also in the MFM. If a ship is in both it might cause a problem. If not, I would go for it.

bstanko6 04-24-15 11:38 PM

ok, I got it running and let me tell you, the ships look great, I did a test run and came across a Honduras freighter. Awesome. Can't wait to see the other schemes.

I do have another concern:

I placed everything in my JSGME, the merchants and paint skins., that is like 6 files and the skins have dates for when they change gradually over time. Am I to manually move these files as time goes by, or does it do that itself? To clarify, do the skins change themselves as time goes by, or do I have to change it? I cant find clarification.

Sailor Steve 04-24-15 11:57 PM

I can help, but first I need to know which version of the skin packs you have. Look at the first folder and tell me exactly what the title says.

bstanko6 04-25-15 12:16 AM

i am not at "my" computer right now, I am at work. But I can tell you I downloaded the files from the first page of the merchant mod page on the sh3 mod workshop. It had IABL explaining everything and the links were in green. That's all the info I can give right now until 730 am.

sublynx 04-25-15 12:37 AM

One needs to change the skins manually with JSGME in-between patrols, IIRC.

bstanko6 04-25-15 12:50 AM

Sublynx,

Thank you. From the forums it seemed that way. And that is fine with me. I love these ships. They look great.

Sailor Steve 04-25-15 01:26 AM

The reason I asked is because the folders are supposed to go into Commander, not SH3. they will indeed change by themselves. To do this they need to have the proper labels.

I'm up way past my bedtime too. :dead:

hauangua 04-25-15 01:48 AM

You can install SkinPack copyng the file in sh3commander "Date" folder

Look here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=170741&page=8

bstanko6 04-25-15 05:40 AM

hauangua,

that's awesome. Thank you for the thread. SailorSteve, you are a wealth of knowledge, hauangua found a thread of yours on the topic, and I will try it out as soon as possible. thank you.

Sailor Steve 04-25-15 10:54 AM

Great! I want to thank hauangua for that link too. I had forgotten that post, and was about to go through another full explanation, which probably wouldn't have been as good. :oops:

The reason I asked about your labels is because I have several downloads of earlier versions of the MFM, and some of the skin packs have the proper date labels on the folders but at least one other has them with labels like "MFM-v3-US+UK_Skins19390901", which won't work unless everything is removed but the date. I just wanted to make sure that I knew which labels yours had so I could describe what to do next.