SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] RadioLog_Expanded (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=127239)

bert8for3 04-25-08 03:20 PM

Beauti, tks :rock: :up:

mikaelanderlund 05-01-08 09:23 PM

Fantastic work!!! Outstanding.

Mikael

Wolfehunter 05-01-08 11:54 PM

Thanks alot dude.... I love radio chatter....:yep:

Chrischn89 04-20-10 09:00 PM

sry for digging up this old thread but is there any news (or maybe a release) of the german translation of this mod?

rudewarrior 08-28-11 11:31 AM

Is there anyone who can tell me the original source for messages involving the zones around Britain in which darkened ships were eligible for attack? I have been searching for a while, and I just can't find them. They appear in the Radio Log (paraphrased) like this:

10/19/1939 Darkened ships extended to 20 deg. W. Sunk by torpedoes only.
10/29/1939 No surface approach of shipping in the North Sea to include W of Orkneys
1/6/1940 Submerged attacks in eastern coastal area A.
1/10/1940 Submerged attacks in English Waters.
1/12/1940 Submerged attacks in eastern coastal area A & B.
1/24/1940 Submerged attacks in eastern coastal areas A, B, & C.
1/24/1940 A extended 2 deg E, B S and SW to 10 deg W including Irish Sea.
5/24/1940 Submerged W of Scotland and off French Atl. Coast, zones E & F.
5/24/1940 "

Thanx in advance.

HW3 08-28-11 01:56 PM

I would guess they are from BDU's KTB's found at uboatarchive.net.

:salute:

rudewarrior 08-28-11 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 1738255)
I would guess they are from BDU's KTB's found at uboatarchive.net.

:salute:

My first guess too, but no. A friend and I have been going through those the last couple of weeks for a mod/project. You posted a map in our forum BTW. I am trying to confirm all the info on it!:D

In the list that I posted, the first two are there(sort of), the remainder are not!

Anyone else?

rudewarrior 07-21-12 01:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on messages to include in the message log for the mod I have mentioned and I have a couple of questions about how it works.

I've noticed that the messages in the RadioLog Expanded mod have a window for the date/time of the message that begins on one day and ends on the next. Is it required that the opening and closing dates be on different days, or was this just a choice of the modder?

Also, I've noticed that some of the longer messages look a little unwieldy on the screen because of their length. Is there a maximum number of characters (or a reasonable approximation) thereof that would give me a good idea of when to break messages up?

Thanx in advance.

Wreford-Brown 07-21-12 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudewarrior (Post 1912389)
I've noticed that the messages in the RadioLog Expanded mod have a window for the date/time of the message that begins on one day and ends on the next. Is it required that the opening and closing dates be on different days, or was this just a choice of the modder?

Choice of the modder, but you need to leave a decent window otherwise at very high TC the message may not fire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudewarrior (Post 1912389)
Also, I've noticed that some of the longer messages look a little unwieldy on the screen because of their length. Is there a maximum number of characters (or a reasonable approximation) thereof that would give me a good idea of when to break messages up?

I'm not aware of a maximum message length. The longest in SH3 is My U-boat men! Six years of submarine warfare lie behind us. You have fought like Lions! A crushing material superiority has forced us into a narrow area. A continuation of our fight on the remaining basis is no longer possible. U-boat men! Undefeated and unblemished you lay down your arms after a heroic battle without equal. We remember in deep respect our fallen comrades, who have sealed with death their loyalty to Fuehrer and Fatherland!||Comrades! Preserve your U-boat spirit, with which you have fought courageously, stubbornly, and imperturbably through the years for the good of the Fatherland.||Long Live Germany!|Your Grand Admiral.

The longest in GWX is Allied troops have been evacuated from Dunkirk." ... We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France and on the seas and oceans; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air. We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old."|Winston Churchill - 4 June 1940.

That should give you some characters to use up!

HW3 07-21-12 05:23 PM

Quote:

Better chance the message will be heard. If the window is too small, or only set for the daytime, the U-boat might be under water the whole time, and thus never get the message.

Stevetry 07-24-12 02:46 PM

could someone reupload this

Plissken_04 07-24-12 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevetry (Post 1913651)
could someone reupload this

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip-org/public/S...YMODS/DANURVE/

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik

Steve Gad 04-19-22 04:37 PM

Link is no longer working :-(

FUBAR295 04-19-22 05:00 PM

Try here;

https://maikhaas.synology.me:5001/fs...U4G9iW/DANURVE

Good hunting,
FUBAR295