SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Silent Hunter 4 patch v1.3: Where? When? What? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=114690)

Woof1701 05-24-07 04:19 AM

I've been playing the Silent Hunter Series from 1 over 2 and now Silent Hunter 3 for years. Unfortunately the only version that came off without bugs and properly finished was the original SH1. SH2 was a disappointment to me and I played it only because it was the only sim that was out there. Silent Hunter 3 would have needed further improvement as well which unfortunately didn't happen by UBI but by the community. Surely I will hold off buying SH4 and stick with SH3 until those elementary problems are resolved. After all, SH3 is still a fairly moden sim with a great community, and EUR 50,- is a lot of money for something that's not working as advertised.

Please UBI Soft: don't let SH4 stand in the rain. The game has the potential to become the greatest (and best looking) WW2 Subsim out there. Keep subsims alive by producing not just a fairly good but a really great sim.

-=2RTR=-Somnus 05-24-07 05:55 AM

It's called bad fricken buisness! And its whats wrong with society these days! Riddle me this... how is this any different then buying a car with three wheels? Or getting half a haircut? Or getting 30 minutes when you clearly paid for 60 at the pink house? Yet gaming companies are continually getting away with theft!

Would the better buisness buro do anything? Nope!

I want a working speed tracking system! Make me Chrono work dammit!

please....with suger on top....

poppyjudge 05-24-07 07:24 AM

All For your position

Count my vote

poppyjudge@verizon.net

U-139 05-24-07 09:06 AM

Buying Ubi games has become a real crap-shoot. Seems like its best to wait 4-6 months before buying any Ubi product, just to see if they're actually going to support their titles or correct any problems with their games. This may be the last straw. :nope:

PopManiac 05-24-07 09:32 AM

Count me in gents!

I have not posted in quite a while, but I made a decision that I did not wish to announce as too many gripes are already posted each day.

I refuse to play SH4 any more (:p) unless the game is friggin playable!

I have had enough of loading a saved game and play worrying for a crash or whatever, I have had enough of having a fun mission ruined because two destroyers decided to ram my periscope and sink, I have had enough of crappy realism with torpedoes where two can sink a warship but ten do not even slow down a merchant!

I feel 'ripped' off by UBI, unless they come up with a solid patch I will NEVER buy anything they issue again....

Delusory 05-24-07 09:57 AM

played SH3 for some time and fell in love with this sim. Waitted for SH4 for sometime just to know that it is realesed, but not finished... There are some things that need to be fixed (e.g speed calculation with stopwatch) to have a playable and enjoyable game.

Sorry for my English :)

Fader_Abel 05-24-07 11:09 AM

Whoo time to release a patch!

Dragnet 05-24-07 11:34 AM

If SH4 would have been a car, prescription drug, airline, house builder etc UbiSoft would have been sued straight to hell 17 times by now.

This borders on fraud.

AVGWarhawk 05-24-07 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fader_Abel
Whoo time to release a patch!

Well said, patch in the works!

orangenee 05-24-07 11:57 AM

Well we can all shutup now, finally some news.

Growler 05-24-07 12:29 PM

Fix it. I don't even HAVE it yet, but it's got to be fixed.

I see Ubi going one of two ways here: They do the right thing, step up and fix the game, or they don't.

A lot of the guys here once hung out (and some still do) at bombs-away.net, and can well recall the efforts and frustration that went with Microprose Software's last offering, B17: The Mighty Eighth! Microprose was being shuttered at that point, and as much as Wayward wanted to, they were unable to move forward with any further patches for B17. Is that what Ubi's going to do? Yank the support when they're this >< close to a massive success? Seems a dismal business model to me.

Fix it, or release source code so that those who have paid for the game can do with it what Ubi's unwilling - or unable - to do.

AVGWarhawk 05-24-07 12:52 PM

Seen here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=115309

Patch on the way. Thread to be closed. We hope this effort was a determining factor in the decision to make another patch.