SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Realism- and gameplay-related hardcode fixes for SH3.EXE (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225)

Jonny 03-26-12 08:40 PM

Ok got a issue! I dont no if its me or something im doing wrong! I am on 94% realism and have my weapon officer identify and get my solution! i no more torpedos are on target as i watch them on my TDC. I am not sure if its becuase the sea is a little stormy and i got a lot of waves or what?

So heres my issue, i have tested this a few times, i shot two fish at a large merchant they went underneath him and i couldnt be bothered to continue the attack so broke contact. Ran into a second large merchant and the same happened two fish underneath and out the other side!

So i gave it a test! i set all 4 tubes to 1M and on magnetic and Fast speed! 600M submerged shot, easy right. well as i saw them all line up perfectly for the engine rooms with only 100 or so meters left i thought i got him! but no the first 3 go under and the 4th explodes premature! is there something im doing wrong i mean the fish are set a 1M and shot off with about a second puase inbetween each shot to make sure i hit the ship no matter how much it is bobbing!

Anyhelp thanks!

Jonny:salute:

h.sie 03-27-12 02:02 PM

Sorry for the late reply. No time at all ATM. There have been some mod requests in the past. Some of them found their way into my todo-list for the (uncertain) future.

@sharkbit: I think 10 hours of gametime are not unrealistic for a wolfpack to assemble. Try the "Wolfpk less contact report" Option if you prefer not to wait such a long time.

@Luno: Did you change the hsie.ini? Please find out whether the patched CameraBehavior.act found its way into your SH3 installation. In principle it's compatible to SH3-Cmdr with malfunctions, provided your RandomizedEvents.cfg is okay.

@Wolfstriked
: Still problems with your install?

@Jonny: Please read the manual about the Torpedo Failure Fix.

@Victor_Schutze: Cite: "Aaaahhhh the joys of modding... appending... modifying... altering... a true dream come true...".......I admit that the installation process is not easy. But you can optimise it. Feel free to program a little tool that automates the install. Are you interested?

Wolfstriked 03-27-12 02:53 PM

Hsie,did you mean to change _Append_to_de_menu.txt to just de_menu.txt.The mod is working but the messages seem missing.

bigboywooly 03-27-12 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfstriked (Post 1861650)
Hsie,did you mean to change _Append_to_de_menu.txt to just de_menu.txt.The mod is working but the messages seem missing.

From memory you need to add the entries in Append_to_de_menu.txt to de_menu.txt

h.sie 03-27-12 03:37 PM

@Wolfstriked: BBW is right. If you play in english, you need to place all messages contained in _Append_to_en_menu.txt after the last line of en_menu.txt.

If you play in german language, use _Append_to_de_menu.txt resp. de_menu.txt instead.

If you do that work described above in the Supplement-Mod instead of your Sh3-Installation, you don't risk to corrupt your installation, because you can easily disable the Supplement-Mod if something went wrong.

Good luck.

If you don't get it to run until weekend, I could help you.

Wolfstriked 03-27-12 04:30 PM

It worked thanks guys.I think better instructions would read...

put the _Append_to_en_menu.txt into the empty DATA/MENU/folder of the mod.

Then copy the original en_menu.txt contents into the _Append_to_en_menu.txt.

When thats doneyou now must change the mods _Append_to_en_menu.txt to en_menu.txt

Should we change the MaxStrings=5000 to higher number?

Or just use NYGM mod as I will most likely do soon.:03:

sharkbit 03-27-12 08:11 PM

I love the torpedo failure mode.

After some testing, I finally started a new career out of St Nazaire in 9/40 with the patch enabled. Set up a perfect shot north of Scotland using impact pistols on a medium freighter. Weather was stormy with 13 m/s winds. Sure enough, both eels go under the target(I use external camera for eye candy purposes).

I love the fact that there is no more mindless setting of the torpedo depth. Now there are other factors to consider in making a torpedo attack.

Later I ran across a coastal tanker. Once I id'd the target, I decided to pass on the shot due to the high seas. It was not worth a eel and I couldn't gun it under due to the high seas.

Any mod that makes you think and act like a real submarine commander is a huge plus. :up:

Keep up the good work h.sie. I'm looking forward to experiencing other aspects of your patch.

:)

sharkbit 03-27-12 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkbit (Post 1858121)
h.sie:

I know you're taking a well deserved break and probably have a "wanna do" list a mile long but......

It has always seemed unrealistic to me for ships to perform the hard helm overs that they do when attacked-the constant zig-zagging. The ships just seem a tad too maneuverable.

Is that a hard code thing and if so, is it possible to make ships evade a little less drastically?

I'm probably just a grumpy old Kaleun whining :wah:, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

Any thoughts on this h.sie?

Jonny 03-27-12 08:25 PM

I must admit i was wrong! the torpedo failure mod was causing my problem. Now i dont attack in stormy sees and i just did partrol 2 and came back with 28000 T so im well happy! great mod realism is arwsome, playing 100% realism and its so rewarding!

Jonny:salute:

Victor Schutze 03-28-12 12:26 PM

@Victor_Schutze: Cite: "Aaaahhhh the joys of modding... appending... modifying... altering... a true dream come true...".......I admit that the installation process is not easy. But you can optimise it. Feel free to program a little tool that automates the install. Are you interested?[/QUOTE]

Of course I am interested hsie! :yep:

how do you program this tool to automate the install? :06:

kranklys74 03-28-12 12:55 PM

mediafire.com not working. Please upload files --> inofficial Patch v1.6 for Silent Hunter 3 to gamefront. Very thanks.

SquareSteelBar 03-28-12 01:53 PM

mediafire.com is working well....

sharkbit 03-28-12 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Schutze (Post 1862070)

how do you program this tool to automate the install? :06:

Don't want to speak for h.sie, but I think he said that with toungue in cheek......

I think he wants you to do the programming. :03:

Wolfstriked 03-28-12 02:24 PM

Most people use GWX/NGYM or stock.Very easy to "append":O: those three and just enable the folder.

Victor Schutze 03-28-12 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkbit (Post 1862109)
Don't want to speak for h.sie, but I think he said that with toungue in cheek......

I think he wants you to do the programming. :03:

Me virtual Kaleun, not programmer. :k_confused: