SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5: Bugs, glitches, and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162462)

CCIP 03-02-10 07:51 PM

No, but it does sound like a driver issue. Honestly I have some suspicions about this game's optimization for nvidia - I've now heard several reports of problems with it on nvidia cards, while my ATI system is having no issues whatsoever and the game feels really well-optimized on that.

BTW (offtopic here), are you the same Itkovian who's been posting on the Gamesquad Jutland forum recently? :)

Don_D_Dwain 03-02-10 07:55 PM

http://worse
Seems to be bigger problems, see course at 358, but clearly on map shows 104, hmmm, PROBLEMS. That can't be good.

Shakermaker 03-02-10 07:58 PM

Dunno if this is reported yet, but the weather seems off. I was in the middle of a thunderstorm with lightning and dark clouds, but not a drop of rain fell and my boat had a shadow like it was a bright sunny day.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...3-16-27-66.jpg

CCIP 03-02-10 08:02 PM

Morale still resets on game reload, at least when you reload an in-port save. I also noticed that reloading in-port saves causes the characters in the bunker to "lose" their names - the flottilla commander and technical officer are introduced as "JOB RANK name".

However talking to crew will now at least build their morale back up from that.

Itkovian 03-02-10 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1289090)
No, but it does sound like a driver issue. Honestly I have some suspicions about this game's optimization for nvidia - I've now heard several reports of problems with it on nvidia cards, while my ATI system is having no issues whatsoever and the game feels really well-optimized on that.

BTW (offtopic here), are you the same Itkovian who's been posting on the Gamesquad Jutland forum recently? :)

That would be me, yes. :)

That said, drivers didn't help. I am rather annoyed right now, been waiting for this game for a while.

Itkovian

Itkovian 03-02-10 08:12 PM

In fact, even teh ship museum doesn't work. I see the ship, but not the water, and whenever the camera would come out of the water the screen turns bright yellow.

Itkovian

CCIP 03-02-10 08:16 PM

What are your system specs/drivers?

I also had something similar happen in SHIII, and it was due to file corruption. If your specs/drivers are in order, it might be worth redownloading/reinstalling the game...

PS - I've not really been active lately on the Gamesquad forums (I'm Heinz Fischer there), but I've been lurking and really enjoyed the couple of threads you started about ships/campaign. Some cool info came out, so thanks for getting that discussion going :)

Rickenbacker 03-02-10 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gutted (Post 1288884)
this tripped me up as well. There's an icon in the top left corner you have to click. It's next to the Ammo selectors. Click it, then click it again to zoom closer.

Aha! I'll check that out. I also noticed that my WO will now unman the deck gun if I ask him, although the first time I tried it the option was still called "Man the deck gun." Ever since then it's been correctly named, so I guess the patch did fix that issue.

Do you have any idea how to send radio messages, then? Or do anything at the radio operator's station?

Itkovian 03-02-10 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1289160)
What are your system specs/drivers?

I also had something similar happen in SHIII, and it was due to file corruption. If your specs/drivers are in order, it might be worth redownloading/reinstalling the game...

PS - I've not really been active lately on the Gamesquad forums (I'm Heinz Fischer there), but I've been lurking and really enjoyed the couple of threads you started about ships/campaign. Some cool info came out, so thanks for getting that discussion going :)

I opened a support ticket with ubisoft, sending my dxdiag. I'll see waht they have to say. Maybe reinstalling would help. I'll see how it works out.

Itkovian

mookiemookie 03-02-10 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickenbacker (Post 1289169)
Aha! I'll check that out. I also noticed that my WO will now unman the deck gun if I ask him, although the first time I tried it the option was still called "Man the deck gun." Ever since then it's been correctly named, so I guess the patch did fix that issue.

Do you have any idea how to send radio messages, then? Or do anything at the radio operator's station?

Send radio messages from the captain's log screen.

doomlordis 03-02-10 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itkovian (Post 1289174)
I opened a support ticket with ubisoft, sending my dxdiag. I'll see waht they have to say. Maybe reinstalling would help. I'll see how it works out.

Itkovian

reinstall helped me , i had the same issue, ati i presume.

I now have a strange issue where the water splashes from guns , engine spray and explosions happen in slo mo!

I run win 7 as well but you have nvidia?

mmmm

Itkovian 03-02-10 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomlordis (Post 1289209)
reinstall helped me , i had the same issue, ati i presume.

I now have a strange issue where the water splashes from guns , engine spray and explosions happen in slo mo!

I run win 7 as well but you have nvidia?

mmmm

I have nVidia, but reinstall (turning off anti-virus) has fixed the problem. Now I just need to figure out how to reverse the Y-axis on the mouse. :)

Itkovian

gutted 03-02-10 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCIP (Post 1289121)
Morale still resets on game reload, at least when you reload an in-port save. I also noticed that reloading in-port saves causes the characters in the bunker to "lose" their names - the flottilla commander and technical officer are introduced as "JOB RANK name".

However talking to crew will now at least build their morale back up from that.

I also noticed those little yellow morale dots dont quite synch up to the crew screen.

If you look at the crew screen it may show someone as having 3 dots when you click on their picture, but if you go talk to him, he will only have like 1 dot in his dialog box.

which one is correct?

Don_D_Dwain 03-02-10 10:25 PM

I also noticed that the clocks in the sub do not have the same times, and not even the time on the game clock. Heading and Course are not correct. I can forgive some of this, cause I know it is new, and some fixes have to be made. I will give it time before I make a comment on the overall game, but it looks mostly as it is, a GAME, not a SIM. No Balance, but we will see. By the way, please disable the little white plus sign, the cursor appears anyway when you cross something to interact with. It IS ANNOYING. Also, I think (IMO) it would be better to NOT have the Main Game interface (Depth, Speed, Combat log and the Hint and objective screens to come up every time you change screens. Maybe only on the map screen should it come up automatically, is distracts from the game. Of course it should be available to call up, but not come up every time you change view. Please, this is taking away from the immersiveness. Yes A TDC IS REQUIRED, it is a MUST!!, or its just a GAME, and NOT A SIM!, thank you for listening.

reboot 03-02-10 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itkovian (Post 1289087)
I'm having a major problem, myself:

The game loads normally up to the menu. In the menu the tooltip boxes are bright white with white text (so I cannot read them), and when a mission is loaded the image I get is frozen. The mouse cursor is fine, and I can hear myself moving and the mouse cursor changing as if I am hovering it over something I can use, yet the 3D image is frozen. Only the GUI works.

I am currently downloading the new nVidia drivers, hopefully this will help.

My hardware:

Win7 64
i7 920 @3ghz
6g ddr3 RAM
nVidia GTS285 2gig RAM

Has anyone run into this issue as well?

Itkovian

I have the same issue with a Nvidia 8800GT. I will try reinstalling with AV turned off. Hopefully it will solve my problem as it did for you.