SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   SH5: Bugs, glitches, and issues thread (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=162462)

Deepslick 03-01-13 03:18 PM

Thank you trevally, it solved it.

Trevally. 03-01-13 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepslick (Post 2018233)
Thank you trevally, it solved it.

Glad you got it fixed:woot:

Bayliss27 03-02-13 03:37 PM

I am having a weird graphic glitch or something. I have mods installed and it was only after I installed some mods where this now happens.

Here is a pic of my problem:
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/...C4ADF2BA2987B/

Does anyone know what the issue might be that is causing these random blocks to appear lol?

It only happens when I put the camera underwater but when out of water everything is fine and looks normal.

I am currently disabling each mod at a time that I think is causing the issue but so far the problem is still there :(

Edit: Nvm I found the mod folder that was causing these blocks to appear. The Dynamic Environment enhanced visibility high folder. I will see if the medium or low version of the folder have the blocks appear as well.

volodya61 03-02-13 03:48 PM

Welcome aboard!

Show us your mod-list, please..

Jimbuna 03-02-13 05:20 PM

A list of currently installed mods would probably help.

IVO 03-03-13 12:12 PM

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by volodya61 (Post 2017824)
It's a stock bug.. sometimes this happened.. try save/load, maybe it will help..

Thank you for the help i will try that.

IVO 03-03-13 03:51 PM

Nividia Inspector Profile request

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has a nice Nividia Inspector profile I can use for SH5?
Nividia Inspector only goes up to Silent hunter III.

Fifi 03-03-13 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atlus (Post 2019370)
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has a nice Nividia Inspector profile I can use for SH5?
Nividia Inspector only goes up to Silent hunter III.

If you don't have SH5 in Inspector's profiles, open your stock nvidia pannel and choose SH5.exe in programs. Close it and go back in Inspector, you should find SH5 now :03:

IVO 03-03-13 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fifi (Post 2019438)
If you don't have SH5 in Inspector's profiles, open your stock nvidia pannel and choose SH5.exe in programs. Close it and go back in Inspector, you should find SH5 now :03:

I can find sh5 in inspector just wish they had a profile for it from the list.
I selected Crysis 3 profile and set it to SH5exe and its working good .

jmactrading 03-08-13 09:54 PM

ata boy

maybe its just me but why do you have to click twice just to tell a crew member to keep up the good work?

Trevally. 03-09-13 04:19 AM

Welcome to subsim jmactrading:salute:

Silent Steel 03-10-13 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmactrading (Post 2022604)
maybe its just me but why do you have to click twice just to tell a crew member to keep up the good work?

Hi jmactrading - good to see new mates signing up - welcome to the by far best forum on the web :yep:

To make it a bit easier to assist - could you please give us your mod list load order?

jokerwildcat 03-10-13 06:46 AM

WHY IS THERE A NAKED DUDE IN MY RACK!?!

Alright, so this isn't exactly a bug... but I didn't want to start a new thread and I've been looking to get this off my chest for some time.

I've been playing SH5 using mods for so long now that I haven't seen the intro video in a while. I just reinstalled and was reminded of this, haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LExynpJvdc8
This is a link to the stock intro video.

You'll notice at about 0:13 there is a shirtless dude that turns and walks into the captains bunk area. Maybe it's just me, but I find this quite odd. I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the devs discussed putting THAT in the video!

:hmmm:

Obi-Don 03-13-13 11:28 AM

Started playing this last summer but stopped when uplay updated in july and all my ubisoft games stopped working. So, new computer in Nov. started putting all my games on and decide to give another try. Really wanted to give the mods a go so I became a member and downloaded Sobers megamod and started the process of trying to set everything up. I was expecting it to be somewhat taxing, but wow, problems right from the start. downloaded the game and it doesn't update. I find a thread that suggests running the updater manually, it works, Yea! Updates to 1.2, now the game won't run. When I try to start from the SH5 exe. I get a message saying i need a file called Particles.act and to reinstall the game which I have done now about 10 times. If I go to the uplay launcher and try to start the game it says
Process ID=0x87c (2172), Thread ID=0x1404 (5124) and then says something about debugging.

I just tried to start it again and it just says thank for playing and bumps me out... sigh. Anyone have any ideas? Sorry if this has been answered before , I spent a lot off time looking through this thread but didn't see anything relevant.

mrcool33 03-14-13 12:45 PM

problem with torpedos

I am haveing problems with some torpedos where i am attacking a convoy currently and am hitting a warship that is protecting it. But every time i fire torpedos they hit at an almost 90* angle but they hit then they sit there and then appear to go under it and i dont know how to change this i have the depth for the torpedos at 1.3 meters so i dont understand what is happening.