SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] War Ace Campaign (WAC) 5.0 2017 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233626)

Progrocker 10-04-17 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger (Post 2516846)
I got CTD when I used win 7. When I changed the compatibility mode to XP Service Pack 3, everything worked properly.

Still problems and always crashes even with both XP Service Packs. :06:

Perhaps it would be great if HanSolo78 would give here some advice, in which order should we activate which mods. For example when install HSIE V16B1 mod, when GUI Ahnenerbe etc....

HanSolo78 10-04-17 12:47 PM

@Progrocker

Actually it should be installed like that: Patching SH3.exe with 4Gb Patch and then H.sie mod.

Then install with JSGME:

WAC5.0 main mod
Campaign files
H.Sie Supplement Mod
Ahnenerbe GUI

Mischa 10-04-17 12:58 PM

Great Mod as always!

New version of WAC is great to play and I want to say "Thank you" to HanSolo for your efforts and your work to make SH3 an always "young" simulation in regard to immersion and fun!

Progrocker 10-04-17 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanSolo78 (Post 2516889)
@Progrocker

Actually it should be installed like that: Patching SH3.exe with 4Gb Patch and then H.sie mod.

Then install with JSGME:

WAC5.0 main mod
Campaign files
H.Sie Supplement Mod
Ahnenerbe GUI

Thanks, but problem is that when i patch sh3.exe first with 4GB Patch, then it wont allow me to patch it with Patch_SH3.bat from V16B1 Patch kit - so the H.Sie mod wont install. :hmmm:

HanSolo78 10-04-17 01:39 PM

Maybe it is h.sie first and then 4gb patch.
I dont remember, sorry. My installation was months (years ago).

EDIT: Just started 39/9 in WHV and I had no problem in FHD. Memory consumption max 3,1 GB. That ist ok.

nik112 10-04-17 03:23 PM

first in game pics

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Hans for this beauty

We salute you!!:Kaleun_Cheers:

Flyingsub 10-04-17 04:04 PM

Thank you Mr Solo! :Kaleun_Applaud:

Progrocker 10-04-17 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanSolo78 (Post 2516899)
EDIT: Just started 39/9 in WHV and I had no problem in FHD. Memory consumption max 3,1 GB. That ist ok.

I have reinstalled it in order you told me. It is running smoother, but it is crashing still often, for example when i press Shift+U to put UZO on or CTRL+F to raise flag etc. :hmmm:

Is it ok to mark compatibility of the SH3.exe for Win XP Service Pack 2?

HanSolo78 10-04-17 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Progrocker (Post 2516935)
I have reinstalled it in order you told me. It is running smoother, but it is crashing still often, for example when i press Shift+U to put UZO on or CTRL+F to raise flag etc. :hmmm:

Hm.. really weird!
I did experience such sudden ctd in ealier times... but not in the present.
You should try difference things.... compability mode Win Xp SP2 I do have too.
Maybe some other settings will help like run as admin...closing background programmes.

Try to run without additional mods... just WAC5.0 and campaign.

HanSolo78 10-04-17 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lederhosen (Post 2516835)
Magnificent Graphics etc....but, The external camera at sea bug, and any chance of a WAC5 lite? I started a mission spring 1943 from Brest and Brest was being bombed. Even in TC1 the game was a slide show.

danke

Plz try first without WAC campaign! Then stock campaign is used with much less ships, Maybe this will boost performance enough for you in harbours... although the habours also eat some fps.

Progrocker 10-04-17 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanSolo78 (Post 2516937)
Hm.. really weird!
I did experience such sudden ctd in ealier times... but not in the present.

I have tried more. Interesting is, that when i start the game without SH3 Commander, it works great without one crash!

So i think it must be some conflict with SH3 Commander. I am using last 3.2 version with the files replaced with the light version you provided.

Wolfpack345 10-05-17 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Progrocker (Post 2516935)

I am having the same Issues. I am running in compatibility mode and the game launches and loads and runs for about 5 min. After that if I give a command (like go to Periscope Depth) I get a CTD. I will keep trying to troubleshoot.

Here is my mod list.
WarAceCampaign 5.0
WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic
WAC5.0 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign
WAC5.0 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnenerbe

Thanks for any advice!
By the way from what I've seen the mod looks great! :up:

Progrocker 10-05-17 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfpack345 (Post 2516962)
I am having the same Issues. I am running in compatibility mode and the game launches and loads and runs for about 5 min. After that if I give a command (like go to Periscope Depth) I get a CTD. I will keep trying to troubleshoot.

Try it to play without SH3 Commander, i havent had a crash in one whole patrol yet.

Niume 10-05-17 04:51 AM

If you guys crash after leaving port it maybe something wrong with ports. I had same problem what I did i just moved the harbour spawn points abit further and worked.

from SH 5 Wolfes of steel I think its the same for SH 3

Save and restart your game completely once you leave your home base or when approaching for docking (100-200 km from the home base approx.) This will improve game stability and unburden game engine for upcoming rendering "shocks". It is always good idea to make a manual gamesave in the bunker and restart the game before you start new patrol. Don't delete your bunker saves, you may need them again.

So if you don't want to restart the game after leaving port just change in mission editor where to spawn I hope that helps if you have any questions feel free to ask

Sorry for bad English :Kaleun_Salute:

nik112 10-05-17 07:30 AM

Hi again
i want to ask if are available skins for subs

cheers:Kaleun_Thumbs_Up: