SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX 2.1 Update Released (yes really) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135224)

Kpt. Lehmann 04-16-08 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenRivet
i hate to be "that guy" but according to the install instructions posted above we have to start this install process all over from scratch... does this include those of us who already have GWX2.0 installed on a clean copy of 1.4b? :-?

could it not be possible to roll back SH3 Commander, delete all careers and run the 2.1 exe?

or is that scenario acceptable.

hate to be a pain

You can certainly do so, BUT at your own risk.

The "official" directions will unfortunately continue to call for a full reinstallation of SH3 1.4b + GWX 2.0 + GWX 2.1 update, for the sake of clarity. Unfortunately, people do all kinds of things to their installations without understanding the implications.

As modders more frequently produce new works "for GWX" instead of stock SH3... we run into many user support issues completely unrelated to the GWX project itself... clean installations become an evil necessity.

On the "up" side, you shouldn't have to do so again based on our instructions concerning the actual GWX project build itself.

Pants 04-16-08 09:48 PM

Thx BBW matey, been kinda hectic here not had time to do much. Recovering from a heart attack that i had in jan.
But i'm still here Muwahahaha ;)

bigboywooly 04-16-08 09:50 PM

:nope:

Not good at your age mate
Good to see you still around though
Take it sleazy eh

:up:

Madox58 04-16-08 09:54 PM

Pants,
Turn your speakers down, OK?

Ivan Putski 04-16-08 09:56 PM

Thank you all GWX team. I appreciate, all the hard work over the years, that has given the community so much enjoyment. Puts:up: :up:

Pants 04-16-08 09:56 PM

Thx mate, yup 34 and a heart attack. Had pains for a day thought it was indigestion poped into A.E ( E.R ) said my chest is hurting then promptly died, Had the full treatment heart paddles tubes, the works :oops:
Had an op that night they inserted a stent and balloon into my thigh to my heart.
Got to take things easy...so i hope you guys havn't made GWX2.1 too HARD!!!! lol :p

GoldenRivet 04-16-08 10:06 PM

pants... seriously dude... speakers DOWN ok im serious, just for the start!

also... the install method i have used seems to be okay so far... one question though... when launchign the game via SH3 Commander it wont let me select a camptaign start of august... only september

whats the trick?

Kpt. Lehmann 04-16-08 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants
Thx BBW matey, been kinda hectic here not had time to do much. Recovering from a heart attack that i had in jan.
But i'm still here Muwahahaha ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants
Thx mate, yup 34 and a heart attack. Had pains for a day thought it was indigestion poped into A.E ( E.R ) said my chest is hurting then promptly died, Had the full treatment heart paddles tubes, the works :oops:
Had an op that night they inserted a stent and balloon into my thigh to my heart.
Got to take things easy...so i hope you guys havn't made GWX2.1 too HARD!!!! lol :p

That's the real deal for sure.

However, you can now say that you have stuck your finger up the nose of the grim reaper and screamed, "NOT TODAY :stare: MR. DEATH!!!" (using proper respect for his title of course)

Glad to hear you are okay, Pants.

Kpt. Lehmann 04-16-08 10:14 PM

Quote:

pants... seriously dude... speakers DOWN ok im serious, just for the start!

also... the install method i have used seems to be okay so far... one question though... when launchign the game via SH3 Commander it wont let me select a camptaign start of august... only september

whats the trick?

You need new GWX Cfg files for SH3 Commander... will be posted within the hour for SH3 Commander version 3.0 only. Refer to first post.

Red9Iron 04-16-08 10:20 PM

Quote:

good enough for me, ill give it a shot. (i can always untangle the mess later if it comes to that)

deleted all careers
removed all JSGME mods
rolled back SH3 Commander

installing now

Soooo...how did it go?

Kpt. Lehmann 04-16-08 10:22 PM

First post updated.

New links and SH3 Commander 3.0 configuration files added for GWX 2.1.

maddysad 04-16-08 10:22 PM

Thanks guys :D :D

Just completed a brand new shiny uninstall/install of GWX 2 due to a little glitch :cool:

Downloading NOW

OOOOPPPPPS (just completed)

Looking forward to this

Going to work :-?

Need to wait 9 hours to play

Thanks again for all your hard work :|\\

maddysad

Philipp_Thomsen 04-16-08 10:24 PM

LOL... And I was just complaining to Privateer that I had to reinstall the game from scratch coz of an annoying CTD... Just finished installing and guess what? GWX 2.1 is out... Amazing luck!

But what can I say for the GWX crew... WELL DONE, GUYS... WELL DONE!

I see you again in Silent Hunter 4! :up:

"we'll meet again, dont know where, don't know when
but I know we'll meet again, some sunny day..."

Voyd 04-16-08 10:35 PM

Thank you all for your dedication and effort :p!!

Happy Hunting,

Voyd :up:

Marko_Ramius 04-16-08 10:36 PM

:sunny: :sunny:

Just to say : Ton of thanks, guys :up: Downloading.