SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   I surrender (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=230592)

hauangua 03-28-17 12:32 PM

I surrender

Hi mate
maybe this no important.. but i need tell you this...my opinion
I'm sorry ... I tried to play with SH5 with Twos is beautiful..wonderful..immersive ...
but dynamic campaign .... not digest ... simply absurd ... I do not feel free as in SH3
will be my limit ...I dont know ... I repeat this is lovely mod
TWos..................10/10
Real navigation ... 10/10
Enigma mod..........10/10
but campaign .......03/10
This is my personal opinion

Wonderful/super/ultra modder ...you have done really greath work !!!!
but this game .... gameplay of this game not gratifies me
I return to my first love SH3
But I want to say again that the modders have been fantastic
I'm sorry ... it's a potentially wonderful game...but as the campaign has been designed...
Ehyyy this is just my personal think!!!

:salute:

OldCoder 03-29-17 08:49 AM

Quote:

but as the campaign has been designed...
What's wrong with it?

hauangua 03-29-17 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2475660)
What's wrong with it?

Nothing wrong Vecko... maybe just i dont like Dinamic campaign... maybe i no understand dinamic of this campaign.... i wrong..no game!...
<i repeat...i love many many things of this game... just i'm confused ... i not again unistall SH5... probe again play... but SH3 campaign... simple... BDU send you in patrol and you go... then you can make that you want...in sh5 i not feel this free... watch date for chance mission... if i'm in patrol when end mission...if i'm in base...
PS forgive my english...is bad and mayb i cannot explain better

maillemaker 03-29-17 07:52 PM

I am now a "veteran" of SH5. Been playing it dedicated for over a year now.

It is very, very good, with the Wolves of Steel modpack.

But the campaign play is just not as fun as SH3.

Also they really, really, really need to figure out how to get the rest of the uboat types into SH5. I know there was a gofundme to get new models imported a while back. Don't know how that stands.

I miss having a Type IX and a Type XXI.

Steve

vdr1981 03-30-17 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maillemaker (Post 2475773)

But the campaign play is just not as fun as SH3.

Quote:

but dynamic campaign .... not digest ... simply absurd ... I do not feel free as in SH3
I am still struggling to understand what do you guys actually trying to say? Can anyone of you be more specific so we can separate personal nostalgic feelings form actual facts? Some constrictive suggestion maybe? :hmmm:

You should also know (and some of you probably already do know) that Dyn. Campaigns for ALL SH games are basically the same...Bunch of random units randomly spawn between generator nodes following number of preset parameters, and that's it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BL!TZKR!EG (Post 2475537)

Maybe some day SH5 will be as good as SH3...

Let's face it, for some it will probably never be, no matter how SH5 actually good becomes...:salute:

OldCoder 03-30-17 05:47 AM

Quote:

in sh5 i not feel this free... watch date for chance mission... if i'm in patrol when end mission...if i'm in base...
Vdr, I think he's saying there are restrictions placed on the player, that for campaign to progress, the player must be at location x at a certain date, or at a specific base etc, rather than the campaign advancing by itself? I'm not sure though.

hauangua 03-30-17 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldCoder (Post 2475821)
Vdr, I think he's saying there are restrictions placed on the player, that for campaign to progress, the player must be at location x at a certain date, or at a specific base etc, rather than the campaign advancing by itself? I'm not sure though.

perfect OldCoder!

vdr1981 03-30-17 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hauangua (Post 2475829)
perfect OldCoder!

I think you have misunderstood campaign/flotilla transfers in SH5/TWoS or you are giving too much credits to it...

In TWoS campaign you are free do what ever and where ever you want. Few weeks before campaign/flotilla transfer scheduled date you will receive first of few instructional BdU radio messages which will brake usual patrol "monotony" and tell you exactly what you have to do.

hauangua 03-30-17 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2475833)
I think you have misunderstood campaign/flotilla transfers in SH5/TWoS or you are giving too much credits to it...

In TWoS campaign you are free do what ever and where ever you want. Few weeks before campaign/flotilla transfer scheduled date you will receive first of few instructional BdU radio messages which will brake usual patrol "monotony" and tell you exactly what you have to do.

Hi Vecko and thank again
It may be that you are right
Maybe it's my mistake and I confused the things
Now I'm at work, but I leave early from Memel with my Uboat
:Kaleun_Salute:

hauangua 03-30-17 10:44 AM

:salute:
Sailed now from Memel a little prayer to Santa Barbara ... patron Saint of the Italian Navy ...(Yes, I know Uboat is German .. but I and my crew not!!!) difficult times lie ahead.. let's go mates

vdr1981 03-30-17 11:40 AM

No war, all is cool...:03: Although I am a bit tired of repeating the same stuff about TWoS gameplay...

Cheers all!:salute:

hauangua 03-30-17 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2475881)
No war, all is cool...:03: Although I am a bit tired of repeating the same stuff about TWoS gameplay...

Cheers all!:salute:

You talk right Vecko...
many years with Sh3... just difficult get used to SH5.. but I repeat TWoS great mod.. just I think I have bit difficult get used to SH5... but no want leave...
You and OldCoder helped me... now I'm more sure.... and now so it's goes
Thanks

mikaelanderlund 03-30-17 11:59 AM

I have been here for a long time and will probably classify myself as a veteran of all Silent Hunter games. SH5 with WoS is by far the best of them simply because of the graphics and the environment and the feeling of being on a German submarine. Keep on the wonderful job Vecko :Kaleun_Salute:

hauangua 03-30-17 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund (Post 2475888)
I have been here for a long time and will probably classify myself as a veteran of all Silent Hunter games. SH5 with WoS is by far the best of them simply because of the graphics and the environment and the feeling of being on a German submarine. Keep on the wonderful job Vecko :Kaleun_Salute:

mikaelanderlund you talk good

Keep on the wonderful job Vecko ..and OldCodet... and all great modder of SH5 !!

fire-fox 03-31-17 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund (Post 2475888)

Been into sub sims myself since Silent Service and to be fair other that stability and missing my beloved XI raiding trips to the Mexican Gulf/Caribbean :arrgh!: from the SH3 days.

Think SH5 -TWoS is as good as where ever going to see.

Also with reading Clay Blair's books makes this incarnation seem all that more accurate. I get why knowing this is going to be here on this date is fun to play with but I'd rather have the fun of not knowing what that smoke is on the horizon.

Or what if letting my self in for when I try to take on a task force.

Though I probably would never try and to "pull a Prien" in SH5 ( well maybe on my next patrol ) ;p