SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Convoy reports that never show (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=233991)

mikesn9 10-29-17 11:24 AM

Convoy reports that never show

Running RSRD, I get radio messages about a convoy en route from point A to point B with information that it will be at a certain place at a certain day & time. When it's close enough to me, I go there, usually a day or two ahead, and wait for days. (Radar in use at this time) Nothing ever shows. I've had this happen many times, so many I just ignore them now.

Is this just background noise, to make things appear more realistic? Or have I messed up the mods?

MOD LIST:
Websters_GFO_Mod_v1.1
Webster’s New Orders Bar Menu for v1.5
RSRDC_SH15_V550
GFO Patch for RSRDC v401
Gato Sonar Bearing Fix_Stock

Also typed in changes for “crtl-w” for weather, and “Shift-g” for fuel estimate.

Thanks in advance.

Rockin Robbins 10-29-17 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesn9 (Post 2520887)
Running RSRD, I get radio messages about a convoy en route from point A to point B with information that it will be at a certain place at a certain day & time. When it's close enough to me, I go there, usually a day or two ahead, and wait for days. (Radar in use at this time) Nothing ever shows. I've had this happen many times, so many I just ignore them now.

Is this just background noise, to make things appear more realistic? Or have I messed up the mods?

MOD LIST:
Websters_GFO_Mod_v1.1
Webster’s New Orders Bar Menu for v1.5
RSRDC_SH15_V550
GFO Patch for RSRDC v401
Gato Sonar Bearing Fix_Stock

Also typed in changes for “crtl-w” for weather, and “Shift-g” for fuel estimate.

Thanks in advance.

Reliability of "phoned in" reports is variable. Many of them won't pan out at all. My experience has been that unless they are directly on line with my planned activities I don't bother to check them out. Ultra reports are an exception to that.

Captain_AJ 10-29-17 02:37 PM

Chasing Report's

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins (Post 2520902)
Reliability of "phoned in" reports is variable. Many of them won't pan out at all. My experience has been that unless they are directly on line with my planned activities I don't bother to check them out. Ultra reports are an exception to that.

I have wasted alot of fuel chasing "reports" , even to the point of running out of fuel before I could reach the dock at Midway. I thought that using this method at this thread would help .............http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ighlight=Wazoo yes it helps to some degree but it uses alot of fuel on your boat .. the advice of RR,is not too chase .. as you go along in your campaign .. the ships get more frequent and the target's come seemingly right in front of the path of your boat, no need to chase as I have learned from other skipper's -- Happy hunting !! :ping:

Barkerov 10-29-17 05:23 PM

I find that they often do turn up but sometimes 1 or 2 days later than expected.

Red Devil 11-01-17 06:55 AM

i spotted a convoy report coming directly at me, so proceeded to an intercept point. No convoy. I guessed and went diagonally in whatever direction and found it, having changed course, which they did in real life!! Convoys have two speeds slow and medium, anything reported as fast is usually troop ships.

Armistead 11-01-17 02:55 PM

Been so long, trying to remember. RSRD doesn't use a lot of contact reports, most are just course, but some tell you where a group will be passing at what time. In the group settings you can choose the level of accuracy of the reports with percentages, but you can rest assured, something is coming down that track, it's usually a matter of timing, be there some days earlier and stay a few days after the reported time on the report.