SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] NewInteriors V2.0... (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=201502)

Kelly621 03-22-13 10:47 PM

RustySubmarine,

I consider Flakmonkey's NewInteriors essential with my GWX setup, but also give Ianmbecomelife's Merchant Fleet Mode a try...it is compatible with GWX and adds a lot to SH3. Read about it here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170741

Make sure you get the Merchant Fleet skins pack download as well...read about them in the thread above. Also take a look through the subsim download section for SH3 and you will find a number of other add on mods that are specifically for GWX. This should probably be a new topic so we don't clutter up Flakmonkeys mod thread.
Kelly621

RustySubmarine 03-23-13 08:14 AM

Thank's for the info Kelly, I will repost my post onto the SH3 Forum. Sorry FlakMonkey for interfering in your Mod thread:oops:

Otto Fuhrmann 03-30-13 11:24 AM

Great mod, thank you very much!

Cpt Aurora 04-02-13 02:19 PM

Someone please help me with editing light values?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flakmonkey (Post 1998701)
Tweaks to the internal lighting like damo's interior and the blue interior are pretty easy to implement, it just requires changing 2 values for the interior ambient light values (day and night). These are located in the "interiorlight" node within xxxxCR.dat and xxxxCT.dat files in 2.1 and can be changed with s3d. I quite like Damo's atmospheric lighting so for my own install i used his values but with a slightly brighter ct interior.

Flakmonkey, can you please help me with this? I have S3D, but I have no clue what I have to do now, someone please help me :hmmm:?

Cheers

machiavelli 04-02-13 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpt Aurora (Post 2035253)
Flakmonkey, can you please help me with this? I have S3D, but I have no clue what I have to do now, someone please help me :hmmm:?

Cheers

Once S3d is open open the type7 dat file, this is located in interiors folder in data folder of sh3. Then you can click on the node with the command room in s3d and view the model. I'd suggest playing around with s3d for awhile to see how it ticks.

Cpt Aurora 04-03-13 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machiavelli (Post 2035493)
Once S3d is open open the type7 dat file, this is located in interiors folder in data folder of sh3. Then you can click on the node with the command room in s3d and view the model. I'd suggest playing around with s3d for awhile to see how it ticks.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8614/somethingc.png

So, I have to open the .dat in this map?

Cheers

F1RacerDan 04-14-13 09:00 PM

first off i i want to thank whoever is responsible for this amazing piece of work!

secondly im getting errors when i install the mod as it says certain files have already been altered by the thompson sound pack? i really dont want to disable the soundpack. does anyone know how to get around this?

Many thanks in advance :arrgh!:

oh and also does anyone know where i can get the blue interior light for this mod also :)

jonmar 04-16-13 02:35 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question but is DivingDuck's OH mod included with NewInteriors 2.1D or do I still need to install it separately? Thanks!

brett25 04-16-13 05:54 PM

Quote:

secondly im getting errors when i install the mod as it says certain files have already been altered by the thompson sound pack? i really dont want to disable the soundpack. does anyone know how to get around this?
overwriting sounds is not a big deal, just decide which sounds you prefer, if u prefer thomspsens, then just delete the sounds folder (data/sounds) from FM new interiors mod, and then install it over thompsens:yeah:

you can even make your own frankensounds mod, taking the sounds you like best from the different sound mods avilable, and putting them in to a folder (for example Frakensounds/data/Sounds)

ReallyDedPoet 04-16-13 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1RacerDan (Post 2041479)
first off i i want to thank whoever is responsible for this amazing piece of work!

Thank the man in the first post of this thread, flakmonkey : )

F1RacerDan 04-17-13 05:56 AM

Finically got it installed but I can't go in the conning tower? Pretty useless without that as I need my fresh air on the bridge every now and again lol

flakmonkey 04-17-13 01:41 PM

@F1RacerDan, the tower interior is not open but you should still be able to click on the hatch to enter it (or right click from the bridge while surfaced) like you can in the stock game.

On a seperate note, i just cant figure out how aces (and others) managed to have the ct hatch open for a fully open boat. I never figured out how to do it while keeping the tower interior in a seperate dat file... Just couldnt get my head round it:oops:

HW3 04-17-13 09:56 PM

FM, Maybe you and Aces could get together on this, and incorporate his steaming cooking pot and faucet drips too.:hmmm:

:subsim:

Anvar1061 04-18-13 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2043146)
FM, Maybe you and Aces could get together on this, and incorporate his steaming cooking pot and faucet drips too.:hmmm:

:subsim:

SSS

+1
DD CT OH.

Rickster1 04-18-13 02:01 PM

Finished ?

Hi Flakmonkey, thanks for this great mod any ideas when you will complete the rear room please?