SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   UBOAT (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=281)
-   -   This game is a joke (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=241048)

Dysydent 05-06-19 11:55 AM

This game is a joke

Historical accuracy in this game is a joke. I'm not even talking about the lack of a proper German flag.

1. Canadian ships use the modern flag instead of a Red Ensign.
2. British flags use a Union Jack instead of a Red Ensign.
3. Royal Navy ships use no flag at all.

If Ubisoft did that, we'd laugh at them hard and downvote the game. How can we tolerate it with this one?

Nordmann 05-06-19 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dysydent (Post 2607796)
If Ubisoft did that, we'd laugh at them hard and downvote the game. How can we tolerate it with this one?

Which is why no mainstream developer or publisher will ever touch a subsim ever again.

Thresher 05-06-19 12:24 PM

It's a shame Gates, Musk, Buffet and the like aren't subsim enthusiasts ... :k_confused:

Aktungbby 05-06-19 12:51 PM

Welcome aboard!

Dysydent!:Kaleun_Salute:

xXNightEagleXx 05-06-19 12:55 PM

are you serious? This game is heavily in early access and people are nitpicking stupid things like this extremely useless when it comes to gameplay?

Krieg Francis 05-06-19 12:55 PM

I'm expecting American Ships with the Facebook flag at this point.

Nordmann 05-06-19 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx (Post 2607821)
are you serious? This game is heavily in early access and people are nitpicking stupid things like this extremely useless when it comes to gameplay?

Next we'll be regaled with how wonderful SH3 is in comparison! Same old, same old.

Rickster1 05-06-19 01:09 PM

Answer

Don't buy it then.

Sailor Steve 05-06-19 01:31 PM

Quote:

You weren't around here in 2005. We did exactly that.

As others have already said, this game is still in the development stage. Right now they are more worried about making it playable and enjoyable than they are with minor details. Give it some time. This particular complaint is valid, but still minor. If this is still a problem as it approaches release date, then will be the time for complaints like this.

clayton 05-06-19 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordmann (Post 2607828)
Next we'll be regaled with how wonderful SH3 is in comparison! Same old, same old.

Oh God, let's not go there again!

Let's see if the sh3 enthusiasts can show me where I can ventilate the boat...

Sailor Steve 05-06-19 01:42 PM

And we're back in 2008 again. Why do people feel the need to turn things into a pissing contest?

I love SH3 and always will. That said, I've complained about it fairly consistently throughout its fourteen years of existence. There are people here who still play and love Aces Of the Deep. None of that has anything to do with praise/criticism of UBOAT. Everybody has their reasons for what they like and dislike, and to those people their reasons are valid ones.

Please stick to the topic of the thread. I don't want to have to lock it.

Nordmann 05-06-19 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayton (Post 2607841)
Oh God, let's not go there again!

Let's see if the sh3 enthusiasts can show me where I can ventilate the boat...

I think they're all over on the Steam forums at the moment, so we may be safe for now!

Sailor Steve 05-06-19 01:44 PM

Okay, that's one.

Nordmann 05-06-19 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2607848)
Okay, that's one.

In fairness, your post wasn't there when I clicked reply, so....

Hjalfnar 05-06-19 01:58 PM

Quote:

Historical accuracy in this game is a joke. I'm not even talking about the lack of a proper German flag.

1. Canadian ships use the modern flag instead of a Red Ensign.
2. British flags use a Union Jack instead of a Red Ensign.
3. Royal Navy ships use no flag at all.

And if you would have taken a look at your target screen you would have noticed there the game uses the correct flags. Dev said multiple times on the steam forum they are old placeholders nobody of the 3 of them(!) had the time to remove yet, as game breaking bugs are a more pressing concern atm.