SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Environmental MOD for Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166178)

PL_Andrev 08-15-10 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 303_Michcich (Post 1468049)
Is is possible to use AIl`s Smoke 1.7 with Env 3.1 as Ail seems to be doing rahter better job in terms of smoke ?

Strange...
Tested:
Environment mod 3.0
AilSmoke 1.7
EnhancedFunnelSmoke
...and in each ot these mods BB Littorio class (historic Pedestal) has no smoke...
:06:

W_clear 08-16-10 08:53 PM

Environmental 3.2 MOD for SH5_1.2

1. Adjust the color all of the environment.
2. Adjust moon to the more dark .
3. Adjust smoke more black .
4. Adjust sun to the more bright.
5. Adjust the wake of the color again.
6. Remove wave's BUG(Waves have stopped).

Just install with JSGME. W_clear2010.8.17
http://i35.tinypic.com/119nwab.jpg

Krauter 08-16-10 09:13 PM

Does this update incorporate the fixes made by SV? Just wondering because I just crashed while leaving Brest...

W_clear 08-16-10 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1469695)
Does this update incorporate the fixes made by SV? Just wondering because I just crashed while leaving Brest...

yes

Krauter 08-16-10 09:41 PM

Cheers,

Man you guys really add style to this game :D

Thanks for all your hard work W_clear

Krauter 08-16-10 11:00 PM

Sorry for two things:

One for the double post.

Two for the Nitpicking.. there is some weird action going on on my horizon.. it looks almost like I am close to land.. it goes like Water, then odd darker coloured Sky, and then regular Sky.. what is this :hmmm:

Ragtag 08-17-10 01:24 AM

Nice with an update but this one is worse again when it comes to CTD. It crashes as soon as i get close to the english coast. I used SV's climatezone with ENV 3.1 and it didn't crash half as much as it does now.

Frantic8882 08-17-10 01:13 PM

It didn´t crash at all with SV fix and 3.1 so far. Now I´m worried.I´m getting black flickering though after entering my game. It stops after a short while but it always comes on after loading my file (usually when looking at scenes very different in their lighting effects). I get ctd after being in port and loading to get on a new cruise sometimes / and very seldom in action situations trying to reload after a fail attempt to attack a vessel. Sorry for maybe off-topic, I am just not sure where these instabilities come from. Theres no game w/o env.mod though!:yeah:

Will post system if needed

stoppro 08-17-10 01:44 PM

Installed 3.2 froze one hour out of lorient on 1tc reloaded tried again same thing. removed 3.2 I'm running going on 3hours now some things up with this mod .hope there is someway to fix it . I miss it when it's not there.

303_Michcich 08-19-10 09:58 AM

any fix to CTD - it`s unplayable in current state...

ChainReaction 08-19-10 01:42 PM

First off, great mod, it makes the game look so much better ;)

Second, I'm experiencing a lot of CTD after I installed the mod, although I did just install the fix, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know if it fixed it.

Also, is there is a way to make the nights less dark, because it's very beautiful at night, and it adds atmophere, but it's really too dark to see anything (I can barely make out my own sub). I can crank up the gamma in my settings, but that just makes everything brighter (including the menus etc)

Greetings

EDIT: The fix isn't working (I think I installed the one for version 3.1 ^^)

SteelViking 08-19-10 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChainReaction (Post 1471999)
First off, great mod, it makes the game look so much better ;)

Second, I'm experiencing a lot of CTD after I installed the mod, although I did just install the fix, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know if it fixed it.

Also, is there is a way to make the nights less dark, because it's very beautiful at night, and it adds atmophere, but it's really too dark to see anything (I can barely make out my own sub). I can crank up the gamma in my settings, but that just makes everything brighter (including the menus etc)

Greetings

EDIT: The fix isn't working (I think I installed the one for version 3.1 ^^)

I need to know what geographical location you are experiencing the CTDs in. I have been compiling a list of areas which need more work to stop the CTDs.

ChainReaction 08-20-10 03:10 AM

I've only been around Britland :D, so (based on the .jpg from the mod) envcolors tempera?

I sometimes see ice on the boats though, is that normal (cool touch by the way ;D).
Crashes seem to occur when I'm exiting TC, (like when I'm going at 2k compression, and then I close the map) it might crash.
Another time it might crash (rather call it a freeze) is when I try to load a game, then I have to ctrl+alt+del and close the game.
Sometimes I just randomly crashes.

I hope some of this is helpful to you, because the mod is gorgeous, and I'd hate to have to remove it. Is there maybe a previous, stable version I could use?

Greetings

SteelViking 08-20-10 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChainReaction (Post 1472361)
I've only been around Britland :D, so (based on the .jpg from the mod) envcolors tempera?

I sometimes see ice on the boats though, is that normal (cool touch by the way ;D).
Crashes seem to occur when I'm exiting TC, (like when I'm going at 2k compression, and then I close the map) it might crash.
Another time it might crash (rather call it a freeze) is when I try to load a game, then I have to ctrl+alt+del and close the game.
Sometimes I just randomly crashes.

I hope some of this is helpful to you, because the mod is gorgeous, and I'd hate to have to remove it. Is there maybe a previous, stable version I could use?

Greetings

Sadly, no there is not a stable version to be had. Your information sinks up with other bits and pieces I have gotten before that the coast of Britain is a problem area. I am thinking of taking out the coastal change zones entirely which should eliminate the last of the CTDs people are getting.

Schultzy 08-20-10 07:20 AM

Just to add that I have just had a crash too. I was about 1 day (of game time) out of Bremen in the Happy Times campaign. I disengaged TC (backspace) and the 'Silent Hunter has stopped working' box appeared. Don't know if that is of any diagnostic help, but thought I'd mention it.

Oh and this is the first time I've used 3.2 as I was finishing up a previous patrol on 3.1 before upgrading in port.