SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   SH3 Commander-The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147237)

Aktungbby 05-13-17 11:42 PM

welcome aboard firsttime poster!

PAHKaptain!:Kaleun_Salute: & starkwolf! :Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER 05-14-17 05:16 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > PAHKaptain
A Warm Welcome Also To > starkwolf
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:salute:
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > 99.99% Stable > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
SFSF-MODULE - The New Solution for "Steam" & "Starforce"

Jimbuna 05-14-17 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAHKaptain (Post 2483936)
The SH3 Commander download only downloads a document full of code. Useless for me.

Try my link below and welcome to SubSim :salute:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0a6ne3...r_CFGFiles.exe

Sailor Steve 05-14-17 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAHKaptain (Post 2483936)
The SH3 Commander download only downloads a document full of code. Useless for me.

I just double-checked the download, and it works fine. What you get is a 7-Zip folder, which of course needs 7-Zip to open. After that you'll get the auto-installer. No problem.

rudewarrior 06-10-17 09:47 AM

Having an SH3 Commander problem.

I have recently gotten SH3 back on line. I purchased a new computer and xferred everything over to get it working. Remarkably, I have managed to get everything up and running with my old mod soup even while working around Steam.

However, I have run into a curious problem with SH3 Commander. After loading the game, in the base screen, none of my sub emblems show up in the Specials menu.

If the emblem is in the save file, it will show up in game. I know this as I xferred over my old career to do some experimenting and I moved around with the camera to make sure everything was going ok, and I saw the emblem. This was before I discovered the problem, which I found when starting a new career.

I have done some troubleshooting to narrow it down to Commander. If I have Commander rolled back and I start SH3, I can see the emblems in the Specials menu. If I start a new career later in the war using Commander, other Specials will show up such as the Alberich sub coating. If I start the game with Commander and then I don't roll it back, exit, then manually start SH3 without Commander, I don't see the emblems.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Commander. I can't imagine what would be happening that Commander could do that would result in the files not being seen by SH3 compared to if I just run SH3 without Commander. Have to admit this is a real head scratcher. :hmmm:

Any guesses?

tomfon 06-10-17 04:06 PM

@rudewarrior

I confirm the behaviour you have described!! It could be SH3Cmdr though I must admit that I find it rather peculiar (like you, I guess) thus, I am not entirely sure if SH3Cmdr is solely responsible. Other than that, I haven't managed to solve this very bizarre issue!! Not to mention that my initial thought, was that my SHIII installation had somehow(?) become corrupted. I was very afraid that it all had to do with the basic.cfg file but, thankfully(?) this was not the case. I am sorry but I can offer nothing more. It is a mystery to me too!

rudewarrior 06-10-17 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomfon (Post 2490232)
@rudewarrior

I confirm the behaviour you have described!!

Holy crap! I totally didn't expect anyone else to have this problem at all! I am pretty happy though, I thought that I wouldn't be able to play SH3 at all, but this seems to be the only problem I have found so far. I'm hoping that someone smarter than me will have this problem, at least smart enough to fix it. Not that I'd wish something bad on anyone, I just hope there is a person who is better at this stuff than me who can fix it. :03:

Quote:

I am not entirely sure if SH3Cmdr is solely responsible.
I am not either. I wonder if it has to do with the OS. I have gone from a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10. Right now that is the only thing I can think of.

Kpt. Graubart 06-11-17 01:09 AM

Have you tried to run the SH3 Commander in the compatibility mode win 7 and as admin?

tomfon 06-11-17 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudewarrior (Post 2490261)
I wonder if it has to do with the OS. I have gone from a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10. Right now that is the only thing I can think of.

These are my thoughts, exactly. However, I am running SHIII on a Windows 7 machine so I wouldn't bet that the problem lies only with Win10. A recent upgrade might have caused the issue, though. But I can't really provide an argument for this. I have been playing the game on the very same machine for quite a few years and I have never noticed this issue before.

rudewarrior 06-11-17 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomfon (Post 2490332)
These are my thoughts, exactly. However, I am running SHIII on a Windows 7 machine so I wouldn't bet that the problem lies only with Win10. A recent upgrade might have caused the issue, though. But I can't really provide an argument for this. I have been playing the game on the very same machine for quite a few years and I have never noticed this issue before.

I had thought about the update issue too. The updates for Windows 10 have been a little glitchy lately. Update Tuesday is the 13th, maybe we will see something then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpt. Graubart (Post 2490302)
Have you tried to run the SH3 Commander in the compatibility mode win 7 and as admin?

Yeah, did all that kind of stuff already.

rudewarrior 06-15-17 09:33 PM

So I've been searching around and it seems that I have found a couple of threads that talk about the issue but offer no resolutions (here and here).

Any ideas anyone?

If not, looks like time for a reinstall of some sort. :nope:

tomfon 06-16-17 02:11 AM

@rudewarrior

I am not sure if reinstalling SHIII would solve the problem. This problem is also present in the vanilla/stock game... Still, no ideas to offer. :06:

rudewarrior 06-23-17 07:03 PM

Curiouser and curioser...

So I ran a patrol. Sank some ships came back, emblems were there. I didn't put one on. Exited the game, started it back up with SH3 Commander. Emblems weren't there again. However, if I went opened the In Base Before Mission save game, the emblems were there. Did some various combinations, including starting a new career and opening this current mission then starting the new career, emblems aren't there even though they are there for the after mission of the completed patrol. Gonna go back and forth a couple of different ways, see if I can get them to show up.

Really odd.

The research that I did on this phenomenon ranged from speculation that the emblems will magically appear after sinking so much tonnage to the game just being kind of "quirky."

Gonna play around with this a little more. Then I'll probably have to give it up and just get in the war. :03:

I should just be happy I've got it running on my new machine!:up:

rudewarrior 07-10-17 09:10 AM

Figured out the issue, at least in this case.

The problem is that GWX takes out the renown requirements for the side emblems. However, SH3 Commander puts them back in. I guess I edited it on my old rig such that it wouldn't transfer over.

Running ok now. Sorry for the dumbassery!

Thanx for the help!

PapaSmurf 08-10-17 03:11 PM

I just loaded SH3 commander and really like it. I have run into one problem though. I use OLC GUI 1.2.7 for manual targeting. I just began a new career and my first patrol using SH3 Commander and on my first attack when I tried to set up the TDC in manual I can't get any of the dials ( range, aob or speed) to move. My torpedo settings still work but not the TDC. Has anyone seen this before? If it comes down to having to choose between OLC GUI or SH3 Commander I will choose the OLC because I love it so much. But SH3 Cmndr is so useful that I truly hope this can be solved. I just can't figure it out on my own. Has anyone else experienced this and if so were you able to get the TDC to work? Thanks for any replies.