SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   SH3 Commander-The Complete Super Deluxe Thallium Commander's Special Ultimate Edition (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147237)

frau kaleun 05-05-10 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMV (Post 1382692)
Sorry guys, BUMP again :wah:

Hey there JMV - I for one don't know of anything like what you're looking for (sorry!) You might have better luck, though, by starting a new thread specifically on this topic and asking there.

JMV 05-05-10 08:22 AM

Thank you walkyrie Frau, for answering when you don't know.
Thing is I know there is an answer somewhere, hate starting new threads when treated before, so I have it in booklet format. Just wonder if I could get a blank one in " Landscape style ", that would gives more length space for my detailed mission inputs...
Alt er bra, ingen sorge. wen de fra Norge eller anern...
( that was just a try with the little norwegian I know )
Where are you residing BTW ?

frau kaleun 05-05-10 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMV (Post 1382799)
Thank you walkyrie Frau, for answering when you don't know.
Thing is I know there is an answer somewhere, hate starting new threads when treated before, so I have it in booklet format. Just wonder if I could get a blank one in " Landscape style ", that would gives more length space for my detailed mission inputs...
Alt er bra, ingen sorge. wen de fra Norge eller anern...
( that was just a try with the little norwegian I know )
Where are you residing BTW ?

In the little corner of Midgaard known as "Ohio."

You already know far more Norwegian than I do, which is approximately none. :O:

JMV 05-05-10 09:44 AM

Ok frau kaleun, will have that "Ohio" thingy investigated by our services ( I work for the S.D., but I didn't say anything to you, OK ? Ist das KLAR ? :stare: )
Ich muss ihr Stadt Residenz fur unsere SD Dienstamt kennen... Bitte sofort melden.
[ PRIVATE THOUGHTS ] ( Well, if I can't know from where she is from, I have to try something esle... ) :hmmm:

frau kaleun 05-05-10 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMV (Post 1382887)
Ok frau kaleun, will have that "Ohio" thingy investigated by our services ( I work for the S.D., but I didn't say anything to you, OK ? Ist das KLAR ? :stare: )
Ich muss ihr Stadt Residenz fur unsere SD Dienstamt kennen... Bitte sofort melden.
[ PRIVATE THOUGHTS ] ( Well, if I can't know from where she is from, I have to try something esle... ) :hmmm:

:rotfl2:

Seriously, though, having seen some Ohio thingies I can tell you they're really not worth investigating. :O:

JMV 05-05-10 10:54 AM

God, I go BLANK on a lead like that ! :damn:

JScones 05-07-10 09:11 AM

Given that a) SH5Cmdr is off the table for me and b) there seems to still be a good level of interest in SH3, I'm thinking of re-compiling SH3Cmdr to bring it up to date with Vista/Win7 (while retaining full compatibility with XP of course). Essentially just giving it the updated look and feel and the elevated privileges to make the UAC happy.

I might also add a few small suggestions that have been made since the last release, such as:

-fixing the startup position on multi-monitors
-receiving renown for releasing senior officers (a bit of an incentive and reward for sharing your proteges around)
-including the latest ship names file (if Sailor Steve gives me permission)

The question is though...would there be interest in this minor update? It would require a d/l of the full 20mb package (ie treated as a full release), so would completely replace the existing d/l.

If there is sufficient interest, then given that the current release is now over 15 months old, I'd like to know if there are any other little nuances or annoyances that you'd like "fixed".

melnibonian 05-07-10 10:25 AM

I think that's a good idea Jaesen. Can't wait to see the all new SH3Cmdr :up:

Magic1111 05-07-10 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melnibonian (Post 1385007)
I think that's a good idea Jaesen. Can't wait to see the all new SH3Cmdr :up:

Yes, I agree this !!!!!!!!!!! :yeah:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

Sailor Steve 05-07-10 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones (Post 1384953)
...receiving renown for releasing senior officers (a bit of an incentive and reward for sharing your proteges around)

That's a cool idea!

Quote:

including the latest ship names file (if Sailor Steve gives me permission)
Permission???

Seeing that without Commander there wouldn't be any ship names at all, of course you have my permission, blessings and full support!:rock:

(but I'll still be doing updates 'til the cows come home)

Quote:

The question is though...would there be interest in this minor update? It would require a d/l of the full 20mb package (ie treated as a full release), so would completely replace the existing d/l.
I'm happy either way, so it's up to everybody else (and yourself) to judge that one.

Quote:

If there is sufficient interest, then given that the current release is now over 15 months old, I'd like to know if there are any other little nuances or annoyances that you'd like "fixed".
Nothing I can think of, other than what you've mentioned. But I still miss the banners from the older version.:D

irish1958 05-07-10 02:50 PM

Suggestions

?Make it compatible with SH5?

bigboywooly 05-07-10 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish1958 (Post 1385231)

:rotfl2:

But seriously
Yes do

I dont think is possible with the current campaign system
Give it time though and that may change to something SH4 like

schlechter pfennig 05-07-10 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones (Post 1384953)

Would there be an interest? Yes yes yes! :)

Quote:

The ability, when you've retired and you want to turn your boat over to your exec, to be able to select one of your existing officers and turn the boat over to him.

JScones 05-07-10 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1385117)
That's a cool idea!

It was Pablo's idea.

Quote:

Permission???

Seeing that without Commander there wouldn't be any ship names at all, of course you have my permission, blessings and full support!:rock:

Thank you SS.

Quote:

(but I'll still be doing updates 'til the cows come home)

Wouldn't want it any other way. :up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlechter pfennig (Post 1385280)
The ability, when you've retired and you want to turn your boat over to your exec, to be able to select one of your existing officers and turn the boat over to him.

The problem with this approach is that your chosen officer will lose their medals, badges and rank upon "promotion". They will also lose all personal history. In essence they would be the same "person" by name only. No way SH3Cmdr could workaround this.

JScones 05-07-10 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irish1958 (Post 1385231)

What's this "SH5" of which you speak? :hmmm: