SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] JSGME v2.2.0 now available! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141773)

rs77 09-04-09 06:02 AM

sounds really good :up:

thank you for your efforts JScones :salute:

irish1958 09-04-09 07:41 AM

Thanks for all your hard work!:salute:

Rafael 09-04-09 02:48 PM

Many thanks JScones! :up:

Great work (as usual) ... :yep:

JScones 09-05-09 02:19 AM

FYI what's coming so far in the next release...

- Now correctly handles mods that have = as part of the mod folder name (the bug raised above)

- Added ability to load and save mod profiles (prolly something primarily for modders; you can enable a set of mods, save that set as a profile, then muck around with your mods and when finished, return to your begin state easily by reloading the saved profile, and without warning messages)

- Added search facility (for those of you with many mods ;))

- Now defaults to "Start in" folder (a compromise of sorts. If you know how to create shortcuts, you can now install JSGME to a central location and control where it points through creating unique shortcuts with different "Start in" folders. If you are happy with the way it works now, then you can just simply ignore this feature)

- Confirmation dialog no longer appears when disabling all mods using the /da command line switch (pretty obvious)

- Modified layout of "Tasks" menu (pretty obvious)

- Removed sounds, apart from those connected to warnings or errors (the sounds for normal behaviour get pretty annoying IMHO; now replaced with status bar messages)

I'm not sure if anything else is really critical for now, but if you think so (and it's NOT a request for file linking or compression of backup files), pls post here now.

For this release I will be requesting testers - if you are interested, pls PM or email me. I hope makman, OLC and skwasjer volunteer, as you've all requested or commented specifically on some of these features. ;)

onelifecrisis 09-10-09 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones (Post 1166517)
For this release I will be requesting testers - if you are interested, pls PM or email me. I hope makman, OLC and skwasjer volunteer, as you've all requested or commented specifically on some of these features. ;)

I would but I'm in the US on vacation ATM. If you're still testing when I get back to the UK (one week from now) I'll gladly help. Either way, thanks for the update! :)

JScones 09-17-09 02:40 AM

I'd love some more Vista and Windows 7 (beta) testers.

JScones 09-25-09 11:58 PM

Just FYI - I'm not Microsoft so I won't be releasing this update until I'm sure that it works as expected. For that to occur I need a few more testers, especially those using Vista or Windows 7.

piri_reis 09-26-09 01:50 AM

I can test but I'm still on XP.
Thanks for this update for an already perfect program, JScones :salute:

JScones 09-26-09 02:55 AM

Cool. PM sent.

Wolfehunter 09-26-09 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones (Post 1173669)
I'd love some more Vista and Windows 7 (beta) testers.

sign me up bro.!

windows 64bit RC1 7100 and RTM 7600 let me know.

I'm using it in RTM and it works flawless.

FIREWALL 09-26-09 06:15 PM

I wish dud torps was in your "malfunction" option. :DL

JScones 09-26-09 06:34 PM

Thanks Wolfehunter - PM sent.

JScones 09-27-09 02:49 AM

ATTENTION ALL TESTERS: Pls redownload the zip file (same link). It contains a fix for those users (mainly Vista users) that are experiencing problems with enabling mods when file conflicts are found.

Wolfehunter 09-27-09 10:56 AM

Done thanks. :salute:

WH

PaulH513 09-27-09 11:09 AM

I have Vista 32 bit and will gladly help in any way I can