SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] SNORKEL_FX&RWR_for all sh3 installations! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158243)

Rubini 11-15-09 11:44 AM

[REL] SNORKEL_FX&RWR_for all sh3 installations!

Here the definitive and final version of the Snorkel reworked. It contain 2 mods, one with the RWR and the other with FX&Sound. Both compatible with any SH3 install. Well, WAC already have FX&Sound, so WAC players donīt need the second mod.:up:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/1483/snk3a.jpg

From the readme:

Late war SNK_RWR v2 mod by Rubini
October 2009
v2=> more sensible RWR
===============================
This is a simplified approach to have a RWR device atop of the snorkel for potentially any SH3 installation: stock Sh3, WAC and GWX last versions where tested and ok. The main goal of the mod is exactly these ones: an universal and simple mod (just one file) and also "invisible" and "plug and play" for the player.

How it works:
It simply add a 3D functional RWR FuMB-3 Bali antenna model atop of stock snorkel for type 7, 9 and 9d using a unique .dat file, so this way it becomes potentially compatible with any mod, without conflicting with any other file in use by any mod or even stock Sh3.

Usage and installation:
Historicaly some german uboats had RWR antenna atop of the snorkel after middle 1944 - and in Sh3 this is vital to snorkelling in late war without be easily destroyed by aircrafts - so enable it using JSGME after, for example, september 1944, and its ready for use, no special procedures are needed. It even can be enable midle patrol, just save, exit the game, enable the mod and return to game reloading your last saved game. But the best realistic way is to enable it when in port, before start a new patrol. No renown needed, no new equipaments devices needed, itīs just plug and play.
- It also can be enabled by SH3 Commander, adding its unique file to SH3 commander file structure at an especific date, this way you will have it enabled automatically without your intervention.
- As a last usage note, I should like to say that I made this RWR device a bit imprecise (as in RL), so be ready to crash dive quickly...you donīt have much time...

A special note for GWX users:
GWX already have a special optional mod that makes almost the same and comes in the GWX package but it really needs some special procedure (as described on GWX manual) to be ready for use what could bring some confusing to the player. For this reason I added also an optional en_menu.txt file for GWX users that just erase any potential confuse info in the uboat equipament selection screen - anyway, the mod will work without this file but it makes the entire mod more clean. Look on the optional folder for it.
-And obviously dont use this mod in conjuction with the one that comes with GWX package. One or another.

About type XXI:
The type XXI snorkel already have a RWR device automatically activate by WAC and GWX after jan/1945, so I didnīt touched it...by this reason this mod also donīt change anything for type XXI for stock game too.

Compatibility:
For all sh3 installations!! This is the main goal of the mod.

Problems with the mod:
Any that I could note when making and testing it, but if you find one please post on the main thread on subsim workshop mod forum. Any feedback is always very much appreciated!

Credits:
The idea comes from "GWX Late War RWR Antenna mod", so thanks for the original authors of this mod. Like i said above this mod just "make the same" in a very more simplified way and make it usable for potentially any Sh3 installation.

.................................................. .................................................. ......
.................................................. .................................................. ......

Snorkel_fx mod by Rubini
October 2009
===============================
This mod adds wave spray, smoke and running sound for snorkel. Itīs based on WAC files, but I made it in a baunch of new files, this way it becomes compatible with any sh3 installation. Also personal tweaks was adjusted on top of WAC settings.

Limitations:
Due SH3 engine limitations the smoke and sound will appears all the time when the uboat is surfaced, but I tweaked them in a way that you will not notice too much. To solve totally the smoke issue we will need to change the smoke particles in an animation that could be linked to the snorkel commands up&down...but i will left this approach to someone more skilled on animations...

Usage and installation:
JSGME ready for GWX3.0.
*(Also again, due SH3 limitation any sound needs to be wrote on Sh3.sdl file, then I provide one for GWX3.0(default on this mod) and one for stock users. So, stock users need to rename&place the correct file and so on. Anyway, with S3D is easy to adapt this to your personal Sh3.sdl if needed. Look to "SnorkelSound", last entry on the above files.)

Compatibility:
For all sh3 installations!! This is the main goal of the mod. **Warning: WAC users donīt need this mod.

Problems with the mod:
Any that I could note when making and testing it, but if you find one please post on the main thread on subsim workshop mod forum. Any feedback is always very much appreciated!

Credits:
The idea is old but the adaptation comes from WAC files, so thanks for Hansolo. This mod just "make the same" in a very more simplified way and make it usable for potentially any Sh3 installation.

Link:
DOWNLOAD MediaFire

Last note:
To have both features - RWR and FX - you need to install both mods in any order. (WAC users must instal only the RWR mod)

Have fun!
Rubini.

Magic1111 11-15-09 03:35 PM

Thank you very much, rubini ! :yeah:

Best regards,
Magic

Rapt0r56 11-15-09 04:59 PM

Looking good Rubini! thanks :rock:

Reece 11-15-09 07:27 PM

Thanks mate!!:up:

coronas 11-15-09 07:41 PM

Thank you, Rubini! :salute:

makman94 11-15-09 09:00 PM

Rubini , every time you release a mod is always a very pleasant surprise for me !!
thank you :up:

Venatore 11-16-09 08:59 AM

Thank you, for uploading this mod :up:

evan82 11-16-09 11:56 AM

Rubini. You are GREAT!:rock::rock::rock:

Ramon_Zarate 09-04-13 01:51 PM

This mod has made my campaign more bearable, as the aircraft are very dangerous.

Now, I have the type XXI, but in 1944 I don't has the RWR in the top of the snorkel.

Could you say me How I can include this mod in the u-boot XXI?

brett25 09-04-13 04:20 PM

nice one rubini:up:

Rhodes 09-04-13 05:29 PM

http://community.us.playstation.com/...v=mpbl-1&px=-1

HW3 09-04-13 06:08 PM

Yes a necro thread but, I somehow missed it the first time around, so I am glad it was dug up again.:yep:

Rhodes 09-04-13 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HW3 (Post 2109976)
Yes a necro thread but, I somehow missed it the first time around, so I am glad it was dug up again.:yep:

That's why I chose that card and not the ones with more harsh words of the subject!

jaxa 09-05-13 01:55 AM

Thanks for resurrection of this thread, I never saw it earlier.

VONHARRIS 09-05-13 02:21 AM

I had no idea of such thing made for SH3.
Thank you for bringing that thread to the surface.