SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Accidental torpedo loss (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239355)

Greystone 12-08-18 02:49 PM

Accidental torpedo loss

Every now and then I'll lose a torpedo by accidentally hitting the Enter key.
How do I change the default "Fire" key from Enter to Ctrl + Enter?
Thanks..

Greystone 12-08-18 07:30 PM

I ran across info I saved from my SH3 install that changed the input for the Fire Torpedo command from Enter to Ctrl+Enter, and implemented the change I made in SH3 over to SH4 and it accomplished what I was looking for. I can now fire a torpedo using Ctrl + Enter, and when I hit Enter alone nothing happens.

For SH4, go into the Data\Cfg folder and locate the commands.cfg file.
Open it and Scroll down to the [Cmd313] section.

This is how it will look:
[Cmd313]
Name=Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x0D,,"Enter"

Change it to this:
[Cmd313]
Name=Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x0D,c,"Ctl+Enter"

(You only have to alter the last line)

KaleunMarco 12-08-18 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greystone (Post 2580890)
I ran across info I saved from my SH3 install that changed the input for the Fire Torpedo command from Enter to Ctrl+Enter, and implemented the change I made in SH3 over to SH4 and it accomplished what I was looking for. I can now fire a torpedo using Ctrl + Enter, and when I hit Enter alone nothing happens.

For SH4, go into the Data\Cfg folder and locate the commands.cfg file.
Scroll down to [Cmd313].

This is how it will look:
[Cmd313]
Name=Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x0D,,"Enter"

Change it to this:
[Cmd313]
Name=Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x0D,c,"Ctl+Enter"

(I only had to alter the last line)

yep....do just as Greystone describes.
there is jimimadrid's Keyboard utility in the downloads section. even if you want to use Notepad to edit the file it helps to find the functions of every key. very handy.

jimmbbo 12-09-18 01:09 PM

Editing .cfg in NotePad

Was glad to find this fix for inadvertently firing torpedoes while accelerating game time.

I copied the Commands.cfg file to Commands ORIG.cfg, opened the Commands.cfg file with Notepad, and made the changes.

Saved the file and noticed the file name was ".cfg" but its type was now "text document" instead of "CFG file". SH4 would open but went to a black screen with SH4 mouse cursor when trying to load a game...

How can I to save the file as a .cfg file instead of .txt? :hmmm:
TIA!

Greystone 12-09-18 06:12 PM

jimmbbo; If it's not one thing, it's another, huh? Not clear on how things turned out the way they did for you, but I can go through the steps I took.

I located the Commands.cfg file within the Data\Cfg folder and double-clicked on it.

This resulted in a new window opening up called Commands.cfg - Notepad ( the name's at the upper left of the window).

I scrolled down that window until I located the [313] section, where I changed the last line in that section from Key0=0x0D,,"Enter" to Key0=0x0D,c,"Ctl+Enter".

I then closed the window (clicked on the red X at the upper right of the window) and acknowledged that I wanted to save the changes in the resulting dialog box.

That's it:salute: good luck...

jimmbbo 12-09-18 11:13 PM

Thanks, Greystone...
Unsure which move fixed the problem, but I selected NotePad to be RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, then located the CFG folder and removed its "READ ONLY" feature by right clicking it, selecting PROPERTIES and unchecking that box... Worked a treat!:up: No more firing torpedoes due to dumb thumbing the ENTER key!