SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Where to buy - list! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=131729)

CCIP 02-26-08 02:44 PM

Where to buy - list!

Gentlemen (and ladies!)

Thought it would be good to assemble a list of vendors where you could get the expansion and when it's spotted there. Buying it through subsim is of course the best option, but since it doesn't work for some, it'd be useful to have other options. Especially since some have already found it on shelves!

So far I have found

Ubi.com - $9.95 (format unknown, probably both CD and direct download) - expected 2/28
Direct2Drive.com - $9.95 (direct download) - 2/28, also has a bundle with original SH4 for $26

Ark 02-26-08 03:41 PM

CCIP, the Ubi digital store is $9.95 for the Download version. I have not seen the cost of the DVD/CD version. Is there somewhere else you see it?

Gogamer.com - $29.90 (DVD/CD).

stabiz 02-26-08 05:55 PM

Damn it! Cant buy from Ubi-store due to "country restrictions"? I am not from a third world country either.:stare: (Norway)

Schultzy 02-26-08 07:56 PM

Isn't that because it's not out in Europe until the 28th? *shrug* damn these staggered release dates. :lol:

stabiz 02-26-08 08:00 PM

:hmm: Maybe ... I thought it would preload or something.

CCIP 02-27-08 02:48 AM

You're right, I guess the 9.95 is for the download.

And no, Ubi's site says it's only going to be available for download in North America and on the 28th. Nothing about Europe or NZ/Australia, but I presume it might just not be set up for that yet.

CCIP 02-27-08 02:49 AM

[double post]

Major Johnson 02-27-08 10:52 AM

No CD/DVD available in North America? Are you freakin' kidding me?? :nope: I personally prefer having a hard copy, even if I have to pay few bucks extra. What happens if you have have a hard drive crash?? Most users don't make monthly backups of the important files on their home computers. I'm in the IT field and I don't do that! Of course I have a RAID configuration now, but how many people have that??

CCIP 02-27-08 10:55 AM

I've had no problem re-downloading games from Ubi.com. As long as you have the account there, I believe you can get your games back.

snakeyez 02-27-08 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Johnson
No CD/DVD available in North America?

I haven't read that yet I don't think. Has someone in the know stated that a physical copy won't be sold in the USA?

TDK1044 02-27-08 11:43 AM

You can get it here if you're prepared to pay $29 for it.

http://www.gogamer.com/Silent-Hunter...VVviewprod.htm

Schnee 02-27-08 12:59 PM

Dunno

It will be available for download from ubisoft.com on Feb 28 for $ 9.99 - is the DVD packaging THAT compelling that you want to pay the extra $ 20 for it from Go gamer.com?

Major Johnson 02-27-08 01:20 PM

Although you have a point with the comparison of paying $9.99 in adverse to $29.99, I also would like to give it as a gift. Somehow a digital download doesn't seem all that personal.

I will say though, that a couple a years ago I had realized I could not find a digital download I had purchased years before that, and after a little inquiring to the gamesite, I was able redownload the game, no fuss no muss. They actually had a record of the transaction. Admittedly I was impressed.

Funny, I think I've just talked myself into a digital download!! :doh: But, can I download it through Subsim so they get a cut?? :up:

Ark 02-27-08 03:53 PM

*EDIT*

It came out to $48 at Gogamer with Overnight shipping....looks like I am going to go for the $10 DL. LOL

snakeyez 02-27-08 05:20 PM

Are you telling me that Best Buy, EBGames, nor GameStop here in the USA are going to carry the U-Boat Missions addon?