SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [REL] Operation Monsun Environmentally & Graphics Upgrade (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154136)

Bosje 09-01-09 02:25 AM

well the sound isn't a game killer, just kinda funny to hear some guy yell AHEAD FLANK while evading the Royal Navy ;)

system / weapon management screen is not accessible on the IXB during patrol

I really like the new tricks of having the boat go to ahead standard for depthchanges, is that historical protocol? did boats not have the ability to go from 30 m to periscope depth on schleichfahrt? it's a little weird to see the 'schnorkel not available' pop up every time but i guess i can just fix that with a ';' in the commands.cfg until i get a schnorkel on the boat

nice work :salute:

akula: yeah i'm aware of that mod but i don't swear by it. the one thing i am still looking for is something which adds creaks to the UBM setup. I hate taking a deep dive and hearing nothing at all until a sudden complete pressure hull failure and death
thermal layer is: 'Wir passieren die thermal schicht' (sp?)

lurker_hlb3 09-01-09 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosje (Post 1163182)
system / weapon management screen is not accessible on the IXB during patrol

Unable to recreate

Bosje 09-01-09 06:49 PM

weird, it's a clean install with opmon 712 + hotfix and OMEGU200 patch 1.
torpedo screen, crew screen, 'damage control' screen are there, but the systems screen is not.

i also got a weird graphics glitch when under depthcharge attack, all the crew got black weird looking shadows cast over them as the light flickered, the shadows then stayed. i may have a screwed up install somewhere but i cant imagine how it got screwed. I'll try to get some detailed information with screenies is need be, but all the negative feedback is starting to annoy me, prolly a thousandfold so for you ;)

lurker_hlb3 09-01-09 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosje (Post 1163767)
weird, it's a clean install with opmon 712 + hotfix and OMEGU200 patch 1.
torpedo screen, crew screen, 'damage control' screen are there, but the systems screen is not.

i also got a weird graphics glitch when under depthcharge attack, all the crew got black weird looking shadows cast over them as the light flickered, the shadows then stayed. i may have a screwed up install somewhere but i cant imagine how it got screwed. I'll try to get some detailed information with screenies is need be, but all the negative feedback is starting to annoy me, prolly a thousandfold so for you ;)

I can tell you OM makes no changes what so ever that are causing your problems

lurker_hlb3 09-01-09 09:52 PM

To All

I have re-uploaded OMEGU v200 Patch 1 with changes to hopefully correct some of the german speech problems. Request any one who has downloaded it before, please download again

nautilus42 09-03-09 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 (Post 1163901)
To All

I have re-uploaded OMEGU v200 Patch 1 with changes to hopefully correct some of the german speech problems. Request any one who has downloaded it before, please download again

Hi lurker_hlb3,

All WeO___.ogg-files in the Speech_Folder 1 are not nessecery, because the Weo_speech-files not used in SH4_1.5_game. No Entries in the Phrases_Voice_1 - _ 9 .dat`s and there is no Weapon_Officer in the German U-Boats like in SH3. All Werapon_orders comes from the CE_officer (LI).

greetz

nautilus42 aka trainer1942

spike12 09-04-09 04:18 PM

fog visability

Is it just me,or does the light fog&sunny conditions seem the same as heavy fog&rainy conditions (can't visualy lock on to targets at ranges greater than 750 metres)
TMO 1.7
TMO stock gramaphone
op monsoon 705
op monsoon 705-712
omegu v200
omegu v200 patch 1

EDIT;Oh well, I guess I can always O Kane 'em.

DarthVrooks 09-04-09 10:39 PM

After a long break from playing Silent Hunter 4 I am playing it again and just wanted to pass along my thanks for another outstanding mod lurker. In fact it's so great it is now officially
http://i31.tinypic.com/2a9wiv9.jpg

surgeon generals warning: any mention of Chuck
Norris approval does not actually indicate Chuck Norris approval. Offer not valid in Canada, Guam or South Dakota. If Chuck Norris lasts longer then 4 hours please seek immediate medical attention. Side effects may include bronchitis, chronic elbow itching and or loss of your big toe.
:eek:

lurker_hlb3 09-05-09 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike12 (Post 1166283)
Is it just me,or does the light fog&sunny conditions seem the same as heavy fog&rainy conditions (can't visualy lock on to targets at ranges greater than 750 metres)
TMO 1.7
TMO stock gramaphone
op monsoon 705
op monsoon 705-712
omegu v200
omegu v200 patch 1

You need the re-read the install instructions in the first post of this thread. TMO is not a "valid" mod to be used with OMEGU.

Quote:

“WARNING”

FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUTIONS WILL CAUSE OM/OMEGU NOT TO RUN CORRECTLY & SH4 TO CTD.

-----------------------------------------------------------

OMEGU should "ONLY" be installed on a “stock” SH4 v1.5 after OM v705 and OMv705 to V712.

-----------------------------------------------------------

lurker_hlb3 09-08-09 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike12 (Post 1166283)
TMO 1.7
TMO stock gramaphone
op monsoon 705
op monsoon 705-712
omegu v200
omegu v200 patch 1

This problem is because of the scene.dat file. These results are currently unacceptable to me and I'm currently working on it. I currently recommend that all users deinstall OMEGU and "remove" the scene.dat file from the mod until such time as I can fix the problem

Lurker

kstanb 09-09-09 03:01 PM

I hope someone can answer this question

What are the main differences between RFB and OMEGU?
which one is more challenging?

currently I am playing careers in both American and German campaigns; I have: RFB + RSRD + OM + minor mods (Das Boot speech, real clothes, radio stations)

I know I cannot install OMEGU since it will conflict with RFB, and if I uninstall RFB, I won't be able to use OMEGU's with the American campaign

lurker_hlb3 09-09-09 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstanb (Post 1169243)
I hope someone can answer this question

What are the main differences between RFB and OMEGU?
which one is more challenging?

currently I am playing careers in both American and German campaigns; I have: RFB + RSRD + OM + minor mods (Das Boot speech, real clothes, radio stations)

I know I cannot install OMEGU since it will conflict with RFB, and if I uninstall RFB, I won't be able to use OMEGU's with the American campaign

To answer your question based on some resent test is that you "should" be able to play RSRDC + OM + OMEGU. I'm working no a change in the next version of OMEGU that will allow you to play both US and German sides

kstanb 09-09-09 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 (Post 1169281)
To answer your question based on some resent test is that you "should" be able to play RSRDC + OM + OMEGU. I'm working no a change in the next version of OMEGU that will allow you to play both US and German sides

thanks!

lurker_hlb3 09-09-09 06:16 PM

OMEGU v200 Hotfix 1

OMEGU v200 Hotfix1 is a new "scene.dat" that corrects the unacceptable detection range in fog. This is a "mandatory" fix for OMEGU.

Download link in first post.

Deep Source 09-11-09 01:42 PM

I luker i have a conflict with free cam mode and the radar rotate buttons (Home and End) you can help me?

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM_V712_Hotfix1
OMEGU_v200
OMEGU_v200_Patch1
OMEGU_v200_Hotfix1