SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Elder Scrolls V in the works - direct sequel to Oblivion (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177327)

Krauter 01-05-12 04:13 AM

Well that was weird... just trecking south from the deserted house where I needed to um. Interrogate 3 prisonners of the Dark Brotherhood down to the Sanctuary. Middle of fricking no where when some guy runs up, gives me a shield and says keep it for me and ill come back to get it. Double cross me and you're dead.

GAWD this game is awesome.

seaniam81 01-05-12 06:00 AM

I had that happen to me. Then was approached by another guy looking for the first guy. Seems that he was hunting the first guy. I desided to follow the second guy and he started shooting his bow at the first guy and killed him. I was like that first guy was so nice he gave me a shield, so I took the second guy's head clean off. :up:

frau kaleun 01-05-12 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen (Post 1815621)
:haha:

I completely agree. I remember wishing that he would just attack already during the 400 times that I had to enter the Palace during the Blood on the Ice side quest.

Yep, that was it.

Funniest thing was, after a while every time I heard them talk about "sending him a message" I started hearing the Godfather theme playing in my head. I was so waiting for Ulfric to say "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." And then Jorlief would get a delivery and it would be a dead fish and suddenly my next quest would be "Going To The Mattresses."

frau kaleun 01-05-12 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaniam81 (Post 1815737)
I had that happen to me. Then was approached by another guy looking for the first guy. Seems that he was hunting the first guy. I desided to follow the second guy and he started shooting his bow at the first guy and killed him. I was like that first guy was so nice he gave me a shield, so I took the second guy's head clean off. :up:

Yeah, this sort of thing has happened to me several times, always (apparently) involving some random NPCs.

My favorite recurring encounter on the roads of Skyrim is when the thief runs up and demands all my valuables and I have a choice of giving up the goods, persuading him that robbing me is a bad idea, or intimidating him into walking away with nothing. I love it when I go for intimidation and it doesn't work, especially when I've got a full suit of ebony armor, a greatsword strapped to my back, and a level 90+ in two-handed weapons and heavy armor. DUDE ALL YOU HAVE IS A DAGGER.

Altho one time when it looked like he was gonna fight me anyway, I drew my sword and he was like "Oh I see your point" and just ran off.

I'd really love to add the dialogue option of "You call that a knife? *pause to draw sword* "Now that's a knife." :O:

mookiemookie 01-05-12 09:52 AM

You all are playing Skyrim too much. Go outside. Here, let me help you with that:

http://i.imgur.com/4OnrK.jpg

Schroeder 01-05-12 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1815816)
You all are playing Skyrim too much. Go outside. Here, let me help you with that:

I used to go out more often...but then I took......:O:

frau kaleun 01-05-12 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mookiemookie (Post 1815816)

No way, man. Last time I opened a door there was a Falmer Chief and a Dwarven mechanical Centurion on the other side. I'm not opening anything again until I level up a few more times. :O:

Ducimus 01-05-12 12:42 PM

Well, ive just finished the civil war on the side of the stormcloaks. Next time I'll go with the imperials. Neither side is neither completely black, nor completely white. It's a shade of gray, just like the real world. Although some of the results of the stormcloaks being in power, im not quite fond of. (insert Godwinesque observation here)

What I will find hard in my next game, is playing another race besides a Nord. I mean, its hard to believe an Orc would rise to become the folk hero of ancient Nord legends. That and all the skyrim trailers like the live action trailer doesnt exactly lend itself well to a Kajhitt now does it? :haha:

In the meantime there's this cloak and dagger action going on in the Thalmor embassy. I think after i accomplish my task there, i'll return, kick the doors down, and show those Elven overlords some righteous Dragonborn/Nord fury. :arrgh!:

soopaman2 01-05-12 12:54 PM

I restarted my Stormcloak game, because it forced me to attack the Jarl of Whiterun, who was the most noble and deserving of the Jarl title than any other Jarl.

I am capible of being a jerk in a video game (you should see my murder all game in Deus Ex) , but I felt bad screwing him over.

Damn immersion...:D

Ducimus 01-05-12 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soopaman2 (Post 1815917)
I restarted my Stormcloak game, because it forced me to attack the Jarl of Whiterun, who was the most noble and deserving of the Jarl title than any other Jarl.

I am capible of being a jerk in a video game (you should see my murder all game in Deus Ex) , but I felt bad screwing him over.

Damn immersion...:D

Well as long as were getting immersed you could always take the soldiers view of things: You don't have to like it, you just have to do it.

Krauter 01-07-12 04:03 AM

Goddamit Lydia.. Finally get her a decent fighting weapon, and while dungeon raiding for a dragon priests mask we hit a Draugr overlord which disarmed her... she dropped the 1,400 $ Ax in the middle of the dungeon... Now we gotta go back and find the damn thing.

We are gonna have a serious chat we get home.. :damn:

Edit: How do you get dragons to fight you? I just had one circling me and I was shooting arrows at it but it was too high and it eventually flew off.

Ducimus 01-07-12 08:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th2TMSSqaTY

:har:

Takeda Shingen 01-07-12 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krauter (Post 1816907)
Goddamit Lydia.. Finally get her a decent fighting weapon, and while dungeon raiding for a dragon priests mask we hit a Draugr overlord which disarmed her... she dropped the 1,400 $ Ax in the middle of the dungeon... Now we gotta go back and find the damn thing.

We are gonna have a serious chat we get home.. :damn:

Edit: How do you get dragons to fight you? I just had one circling me and I was shooting arrows at it but it was too high and it eventually flew off.

Some won't fight you unless you hit them with either a spell or arrow, as not every dragon is after you. Also, some dragons will not fight at all if the terrain is not right. If you are getting the red dot on the compass, try moving to a more open area. The dragon should begin it's attack pattern.

Dowly 01-07-12 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducimus (Post 1817006)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Krauter 01-07-12 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen (Post 1817029)
Some won't fight you unless you hit them with either a spell or arrow, as not every dragon is after you. Also, some dragons will not fight at all if the terrain is not right. If you are getting the red dot on the compass, try moving to a more open area. The dragon should begin it's attack pattern.

Thanks!

Also, has anyone maxed out smithing yet? Im close to lvl 50 and cant wait to get Lydia out of that Steel armor and into Orcish or something better. Just a pita to get all the materials