SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mission Designers' Forum (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=222)
-   -   Why suddenly a black world view?? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=178191)

Jan Kyster 12-20-10 07:33 AM

Why suddenly a black world view??

It's not that long ago I made some test mission with SH4 Mission Editor and today I need some further test missions, but now when I open the editor, the world map is black??

Have a faint recollection of this being mentioned before and there should be a simple solution, but I'll be darned if I can find anything anywhere. :88)

So please... heeelp! :D

Jan Kyster 12-20-10 12:52 PM

Good Lord! :o

Just had a (lucky) crash, a system restore was needed from external backup...

That also means I'm now back at ATI 10.11 drivers and before upgrading these, I just had the brilliant idea to test Mission Editor - and now World Map shows?! :doh:

I understand nothing :88) - but at least I can now go testing! :rock:

Carry on! Situation normal! :D

Webster 12-21-10 05:57 PM

glad you're all sorted :yeah:

fitzcarraldo 03-23-11 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Kyster (Post 1557196)
Good Lord! :o

Just had a (lucky) crash, a system restore was needed from external backup...

That also means I'm now back at ATI 10.11 drivers and before upgrading these, I just had the brilliant idea to test Mission Editor - and now World Map shows?! :doh:

I understand nothing :88) - but at least I can now go testing! :rock:

Carry on! Situation normal! :D

Hi, mates! I have that black map in my SH4 Mission Editor!!! :damn::damn::damn:

What is the problem? I have an ATI Radeon Card, and the drivers actualized, but I donīt have the map!!!

The SH3 Mission Editor works fine, but the SH4 ME, glup!

I want to work in the Lurker RSRDC, my skills in Mission Edition are good (in SH3), but in SH4 I have this annoying problem.

Some help, please!!!

Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

Jan Kyster 03-24-11 11:57 PM

What card and what driver version?

I've found that for SH4 no driver above version 10.9 works very well with at least the 5970... :nope:

It *may* have to with your AA-mode. MSAA is known to cause problems, so try AMSA or SSAA. Is A.I disabled? Not good!
Try a CCC reset as click on Defaults...

Or do as I did. Crash the system :rock: and make a restore!! :doh: :88)

Still don't understand what happened back then, but it's been working fine ever since...

fitzcarraldo 03-25-11 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Kyster (Post 1627395)
What card and what driver version?

I've found that for SH4 no driver above version 10.9 works very well with at least the 5970... :nope:

It *may* have to with your AA-mode. MSAA is known to cause problems, so try AMSA or SSAA. Is A.I disabled? Not good!
Try a CCC reset as click on Defaults...

Or do as I did. Crash the system :rock: and make a restore!! :doh: :88)

Still don't understand what happened back then, but it's been working fine ever since...

Thanks, Jan. My drivers are the newest, my card is a 5970. The SH4 (TMO RSRDC and FOTRS), works fine with full options in CCC. Iīll make several test with the CCC alternatives; the problem is only in ME.

Best regards.

Jan Kyster 03-27-11 07:17 PM

So... :D

Did you get it solved?
And how?

fitzcarraldo 03-27-11 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Kyster (Post 1629245)
So... :D

Did you get it solved?
And how?

Yes...Only I desactivated the Desktop composition in the properties of the sh4 editor exe...No black map...

I use W7 with all the candy eye stuff of the OS, normally. For the ME, I marked and disabled the desktop composition.

Hours of testing for that:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Best regards.

Jan Kyster 03-28-11 09:20 AM

I will never, ever be able to understand computers!

Our systems are almost identically, but I can't run drivers above 10.9 without hydrophone issues in SH4 - you can.
I can run ME any time with any driver without doing anything - you can't. :doh: :88)

:damn:

But thank you for the update! :up:

cdrsubron7 03-29-11 09:34 PM

I'm glad I came across this thread, I've just discovered the problem with the ME being all black when trying to start a new mission. Disabling the desktop composition in the ME.exe has worked for me. I'm able to get on with making the mission I've been wanting to work on.

Thanks guys. :D :yeah:

fitzcarraldo 03-30-11 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 (Post 1631042)
I'm glad I came across this thread, I've just discovered the problem with the ME being all black when trying to start a new mission. Disabling the desktop composition in the ME.exe has worked for me. I'm able to get on with making the mission I've been wanting to work on.

Thanks guys. :D :yeah:

Yes, that is the solution I found, but I havenīt any reasonable explication for that...:O:

Regards.